Cameron Jerome - Signed 18 month deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, rcarso1 said:

Make your mind up! Words like “puzzling”,”indulgent” and “wholly unnecessary “ and then you contradict it with some common sense!?

I am saying that Jerome would be a good signing in DIFFERENT circumstances.

Sorry if that is not clear.

But since we are doing well and our current players are contributing, the signing does seem unnecessary. He is not one for the future, especially if we are PL bound.

Imo no better than what we have, if we're looking to sign a squad player striker i'd rather it be a young lad from a lower league who could develop rather than a 32 year old.

Concern's me that we're linked with so many strikers atm, surely defensive midfield is where we need to look first with only Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley who play naturally there in the 2. 

44 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Have to say I’m slightly underwhelmed by this rumour, but GR has gone his transfer spot on so far IMO so if he thinks he’s worth it then so be it.

Have to disagree re Rowatt’s transfers. With the exception of Davis, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Ledley, Lawrence and Winnall. Who has he signed who’s any good? 

11 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Imo no better than what we have, if we're looking to sign a squad player striker i'd rather it be a young lad from a lower league who could develop rather than a 32 year old.

Concern's me that we're linked with so many strikers atm, surely defensive midfield is where we need to look first with only Huddlestone, Thorne and Ledley who play naturally there in the 2. 

As someone has already said - he's different to any other striker we have and I get the feeling Rowett wants to give himself as many options upfront as possible. Could we get similar but better? Definitely but at what sort of fee?

13 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Have to disagree re Rowatt’s transfers. With the exception of Davis, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Ledley, Lawrence and Winnall. Who has he signed who’s any good? 

Agreed. All the others are ****, especially ..........errrr

Ok let me put this out there, why are we willing to buy an aged forward ( not in nugent class) for £2 million when we have to send established professionals out on loan and probably subsidies their wages ( probably Bryson - Martin - Bent - shackell - anya ) so if we want to see if he can help us and it’s a big if then why don’t we take him on loan? 

He is both an excellent fit and awful fit.

We need a big bullying striker to fill Nugent’s boots now he seems to be slowing down a bit, just needs to be able to move the defence about a bit to create space for Vyds and chip in with a handful of goals before the end of the season. Nugent and Winnall will probably still play their part.

Jerome historically fits that bill and 1.5 million is peanuts.

However, we do not not not need another 30+ striker on the books. We might get use out of him until the end of the season but if we don’t go up, we’re stuck with Nugent and Jerome as our two strikers- both 33 and on big wages. Good luck shifting them.

And if Norwich fans are saying his legs have gone already, what are we actually achieving in bringing him in? It might be that they’re fed up of him, like some Derby fans are with Martin, so are just badmouthing him on his way out but I reckon he could be a dud.

Hate to be a “Martinite” but this team is playing football more and more, I’d rather see him stick around and see where we are at the end of the season. We’ve won games when Martin’s started, Nugent’s started and Winnall’s started. I don’t think 2018 Cameron Jerome represents enough of a step up from any of them to warrant bringing him in.

6 hours ago, irobinson said:

We really need to be setting our bar higher than CJ 

if we are bullish about going up it should be a bigger splash on a 24-26 yr old potential - with a mind to replacing Nugent 

oleveira, mitrovic etc 

Yes your right why are we not signing Kane or Ronaldo even try for Aguero  oh that dam ffp again 

4 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Yes your right why are we not signing Kane or Ronaldo even try for Aguero  oh that dam ffp again 

Stupid response.

13 hours ago, David said:

I’ll give you that, can’t argue with you there.

You’re tweet to John Percy made me chuckle, will give you that as well, I could list many players that could be worse signings mind you! :p 

Percy blocked me! No one's ever blocked me before...

Meanwhile, Nixon says, "Big wages. But fits Derby needs. If Martin went."

Please don't go, Chris!

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Percy blocked me! No one's ever blocked me before...

Meanwhile, Nixon says, "Big wages. But fits Derby needs. If Martin went."

Please don't go, Chris!

Which is your tweet? Didn't see any that needed a block.

Archived