Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I really,really dislike the football I've seen since the start of the season,in fact it's making me quite angry,esp after the birmingham match.

Can you imagine how Darren wassell would have been treated if he had been manager over these performances?....

As I said,it's hard to dislike Gary but he can't survive on talking a good game.

Personally I cannot see why he can't go back to the system that suits the team just like Darren was forced to do...the difference being that wassell realised his errors quickly

As much as I don’t think rowett is the man anymore, what is the system that suits these players now?

It sure as hell ain’t 433, we’ve sold the midfielders to make that work. Personally think we should go to a 343 but I think there’s more chance of a nun getting laid than Gary trying that!

As I said on a previous thread I think rowetts days are numbered, but I’m not entirely sure what the next manager could do atm, other than take a massive risk and completely shake up the tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sacking Rowett anytime soon would be yet another attempt at a short term fix for a long term problem. Is he the man to get us where we want to be? No idea. He needs time, needs to continue to change about the squad. Sacking him now would leave an even bigger mess for someone else.

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

Sacking Rowett anytime soon would be yet another attempt at a short term fix for a long term problem. Is he the man to get us where we want to be? No idea. He needs time, needs to continue to change about the squad. Sacking him now would leave an even bigger mess for someone else.

True. We are in a mess. Might as well be him.

48 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

True. We are in a mess. Might as well be him.

I actually think that Rowett is uber crafty and a real motivator and tactician. Especially got that sense at the Silk Mill get together.

It will be a hodge podge of results as he gets his crew into the team ... difficult for us fans to deal with sometimes but then I think after the next window it'll be purely his side and we will go on a run. No one was sadder than I was to see hughes Bryson Christie and Ince go but I think he knows what he's doing and as long as he doesn't waiver and start giving the old guard chance to prove or deviating from his convictions we will go up either this season or next. 

47 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I actually think that Rowett is uber crafty and a real motivator and tactician. Especially got that sense at the Silk Mill get together.

It will be a hodge podge of results as he gets his crew into the team ... difficult for us fans to deal with sometimes but then I think after the next window it'll be purely his side and we will go on a run. No one was sadder than I was to see hughes Bryson Christie and Ince go but I think he knows what he's doing and as long as he doesn't waiver and start giving the old guard chance to prove or deviating from his convictions we will go up either this season or next. 

hodgepoge of crap

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

As much as I don’t think rowett is the man anymore, what is the system that suits these players now?

It sure as hell ain’t 433, we’ve sold the midfielders to make that work. Personally think we should go to a 343 but I think there’s more chance of a nun getting laid than Gary trying that!

As I said on a previous thread I think rowetts days are numbered, but I’m not entirely sure what the next manager could do atm, other than take a massive risk and completely shake up the tactics.

the Jim Smith formation 3 at the back 2 wing backs 3 midfield 2 up top

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

:)

So i think my point is im sure we were all writing off Jim Smith and look what he did, no idea if Rowett will do the same, my gut feeling is not this season but he doesnt have the benefit of making a November multi million pound signing.

I dont know if hes good enough, its just far too early to tell and history confirms this.

In fact just checked and guess how many points Billy Davies had after 8 games.

Did we EVER play a decent game of football under wee Billy-boy? I remember riding the train home often thinking "another flukey win today...this kind of game plan will never get us promoted". 

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Really? This is why we are in this predicament. Another manager will want to do it his way, just as Rowett is trying.

433 worked about 3 seasons ago and as has been touted on here, we no longer have those players. 

Any manager needs time to really prove his system will work once he has the players in place that suit that style. 

It does not happen in 12 games as has been the case over the last few managers and Derby fans need to realise this. There is no magic wand, if you believe there is then lets all call for Harry Potter to take charge.

Just because it isn't working at the moment or it doesn't look pretty on the eye doesn't call for the managers head.

If however it is not working at the end of the season then re-appraise.  But please for goodness sake lets hope we do not go down the new manager road again.

9 hours ago, ossieram said:

and will look for any reason they can to have a pop at either someone in the club or something about the club. If you feel so bloody miserable about DCFC, just leave it behind you and find something to do that you find more enjoyable.

No , just not enjoying the football and saying so . If you can't take different views YOU should continue not to read message boards

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

Says everything if that Silk Mill spin sucked you in .

10 hours ago, Pearson said:

Since when does clearly living for the club make you a good player or merit a place in the side? If kissing the badge and swearing your allegiance to the club is the pre requisite, well I should be playing every week as well. Sentimental nonsense.

Reality check. We are going through a transitional stage which will involve varying team selections, formations, with good and poor performances along the way.  The most important aspect of this will be the introduction of new players and removal of the unsuccessful old guard.

This will take time to nurture and implement but I’m more than confident that Rowett will deliver success.

My apologies but any supporter being critical of Rowett at such an early stage clearly has no understanding on the complexities in formulating a cohesive, competitive and ultimately a successful winning side.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Well I think the forum is all ears if you want to enlighten us with your in depth knowledge on 'the complexities in formulating a cohesive, competitive and ultimately a successful winning side.'

I think most will also want to know how Christiansen, Warnock and Santo all seem to have overcome these mythical complexities in 4 months, 11 months and 4 months respectively.

If Rowett had only been here since the beginning of the season then I would understand but he had the end of last season plus pre season to set us on a path.

So far all he has done is sell our best players and deliver a poor standard of football at the same time as bringing exactly the sort of players that he said he didn't want. Is Russell the first sign of unrest within the camp already? Or did that start with Butterfields comments? Time will tell.

Although football is a results business, I believe many will forego results for exciting football but when the results and football are poor, having spent millions, then the writing will soon be on the wall.

FWIW I hope I'm drastically wrong and in no way would I support sacking Rowett, just as I would not with Pearson, however excuses are already beginning to wear thin with me.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Did we EVER play a decent game of football under wee Billy-boy? I remember riding the train home often thinking "another flukey win today...this kind of game plan will never get us promoted". 

There was the odd good game thrown in, seem to remember us spanking Colchester 5-0.

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

the Jim Smith formation 3 at the back 2 wing backs 3 midfield 2 up top

We haven't got 3 centre mids though. 

523? Or as it's usually shown on sky a 343 (I won't have that; wing backs are defenders) 

Although I'm sure there'd be a meltdown at the thought of us being any more defensive 

10 hours ago, Pearson said:

Since when does clearly living for the club make you a good player or merit a place in the side? If kissing the badge and swearing your allegiance to the club is the pre requisite, well I should be playing every week as well. Sentimental nonsense.

Reality check. We are going through a transitional stage which will involve varying team selections, formations, with good and poor performances along the way.  The most important aspect of this will be the introduction of new players and removal of the unsuccessful old guard.

This will take time to nurture and implement but I’m more than confident that Rowett will deliver success.

My apologies but any supporter being critical of Rowett at such an early stage clearly has no understanding on the complexities in formulating a cohesive, competitive and ultimately a successful winning side.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

International teams are put together for the odd game  a team of relative strangers, are you saying you should never be able to get a performance out of them?

7 hours ago, BondJovi said:

Unless we got a manager in who knew what they were doing?! As for changing the squad. well have a look through Brum's squad and pick the one's not playing and there you go.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well I think the forum is all ears if you want to enlighten us with your in depth knowledge on 'the complexities in formulating a cohesive, competitive and ultimately a successful winning side.'

I think most will also want to know how Christiansen, Warnock and Santo all seem to have overcome these mythical complexities in 4 months, 11 months and 4 months respectively.

If Rowett had only been here since the beginning of the season then I would understand but he had the end of last season plus pre season to set us on a path.

So far all he has done is sell our best players and deliver a poor standard of football at the same time as bringing exactly the sort of players that he said he didn't want. Is Russell the first sign of unrest within the camp already? Or did that start with Butterfields comments? Time will tell.

Although football is a results business, I believe many will forego results for exciting football but when the results and football are poor, having spent millions, then the writing will soon be on the wall.

FWIW I hope I'm drastically wrong and in no way would I support sacking Rowett, just as I would not with Pearson, however excuses are already beginning to wear thin with me.

This ^ great post .

Archived