Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Agree lots of good talk. Where's the walk?

Seems to me the longer he's here the more the gaps appear between what he says and says he'll do, to what he actually does. If we can see it so can the players.

I've been wondering if Johnny has said something to this effect and this resulted in his omission from the squad on Saturday.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

He's a brilliant talker, no doubt. I have always admired his ability to wax lyrical; I am though starting to find a disconnect between his words and his subsequent action/behaviour. Perhaps the motto " it's always better to under-promise and over-deliver " should be etched on his office wall. He raises expectations too readily and egg has begun to drip from his chin....I think he can turn it around but I really don't like the ugly football being dished up. I really don't like the game being reduced to pragmatics and percentages. It's an art and not a science. 

I really,really dislike the football I've seen since the start of the season,in fact it's making me quite angry,esp after the birmingham match.

Can you imagine how Darren wassell would have been treated if he had been manager over these performances?....

As I said,it's hard to dislike Gary but he can't survive on talking a good game.

Personally I cannot see why he can't go back to the system that suits the team just like Darren was forced to do...the difference being that wassell realised his errors quickly

16 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

He's a brilliant talker, no doubt. I have always admired his ability to wax lyrical; I am though starting to find a disconnect between his words and his subsequent action/behaviour. Perhaps the motto " it's always better to under-promise and over-deliver " should be etched on his office wall. He raises expectations too readily and egg has begun to drip from his chin....I think he can turn it around but I really don't like the ugly football being dished up. I really don't like the game being reduced to pragmatics and percentages. It's an art and not a science. 

It's an art and not a science. 

Sums up my feelings perfectly.

My hope is a manager provides the canvass, and allows the players to fill it in.

20 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I've been wondering if Johnny has said something to this effect and this resulted in his omission from the squad on Saturday.

Probably but how the hell does anyone manage to fall out with Johnny,he clearly lives for this club.

And....I'd imagine that Jr was expecting a bit of game time over weiman after scoring that cracker in the cup....I thought gr was rewarding players for that sort of thing?

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Probably but how the hell does anyone manage to fall out with Johnny,he clearly lives for this club.

And....I'd imagine that Jr was expecting a bit of game time over weiman after scoring that cracker in the cup....I thought gr was rewarding players for that sort of thing?

Maybe a bit of muscle flexing going on in the building from Rowdy Gary Rowett ;) 

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Since when does clearly living for the club make you a good player or merit a place in the side? If kissing the badge and swearing your allegiance to the club is the pre requisite, well I should be playing every week as well. Sentimental nonsense.

Reality check. We are going through a transitional stage which will involve varying team selections, formations, with good and poor performances along the way.  The most important aspect of this will be the introduction of new players and removal of the unsuccessful old guard.

This will take time to nurture and implement but I’m more than confident that Rowett will deliver success.

My apologies but any supporter being critical of Rowett at such an early stage clearly has no understanding on the complexities in formulating a cohesive, competitive and ultimately a successful winning side.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

6 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Since when does clearly living for the club make you a good player or merit a place in the side? If kissing the badge and swearing your allegiance to the club is the pre requisite, well I should be playing every week as well. Sentimental nonsense.

Reality check. We are going through a transitional stage which will involve varying team selections, formations, with good and poor performances along the way.  The most important aspect of this will be the introduction of new players and removal of the unsuccessful old guard.

This will take time to nurture and implement but I’m more than confident that Rowett will deliver success.

My apologies but any supporter being critical of Rowett at such an early stage clearly has no understanding on the complexities in formulating a cohesive, competitive and ultimately a successful winning side.

Transitional...what a load of bull

What team isn't in transition or has every other club started from scratch this season?

GR has done a poor job managing this squad of players up to now and he no doubt realises it too...time to get it sorted with the players he has now,not in a fantasy land future.

And being passionate about a club is pretty important as a player to my mind..it breeds loyalty and determination....something sadly lacking in some of our players.

22 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Another blind-faither  . making pompous statements to try to knockout any opposing view . You must rate yourself very highly to come forth with the like of 'clearly has no understanding '   . 

I am happy to be patient for promotion but Rowett has made obvious mistakes ( in transfers and team selection )  and Hull apart, the football has been poor. 

I have been coming on this forum less and less just recently and decided to come on tonight and have a quick gander, Christ we don't half have some miserable moaning sods following our club!!! I used to think this forum was for Derby supporters, but reading through this thread shows me that although some people may well have followed the club for a long time, they are not very supportive and will look for any reason they can to have a pop at either someone in the club or something about the club. If you feel so bloody miserable about DCFC, just leave it behind you and find something to do that you find more enjoyable.

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I have been coming on this forum less and less just recently and decided to come on tonight and have a quick gander, Christ we don't half have some miserable moaning sods following our club!!! I used to think this forum was for Derby supporters, but reading through this thread shows me that although some people may well have followed the club for a long time, they are not very supportive and will look for any reason they can to have a pop at either someone in the club or something about the club. If you feel so bloody miserable about DCFC, just leave it behind you and find something to do that you find more enjoyable.

Maybe they are passionate, care and just have a different opinion to you?

Don't fix it if it ain't broken. 

22 minutes ago, Pearson said:

So your're saying you know about all the complexities and formulations to make a team cohesive but no one else on here who is underwhelmed with the style of football and criticises knows nothing so should say nothing.....haha...utter tripe!!!

There are managers who can turn teams around very quickly like Marco Silva for example or David Wagner...Silva in particular actually got Hull playing much better in no time at all....being organised and working on style and cohesion is not always a long drawn out process....where does your confidence in Rowett come from ?? I like the way he comes across but up until now does not transmit on the pitch i'm afraid,,,6 months down the line.:unsure:

32 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Exactly, people like to manufacture a narrative that suits them. 

Yeah yeah you troublemaker ...I can give numerous examples of Mcclaren bottling games and getting made fun of by opposing managers and so can you, not so many of Clement, so I may have muddled the home Brum match where we got outfoxed and spanked - so that may speak more to Rowetts cleverness than our own manager - be it Clement or Mcclarens - feebleness. What about Reading at home or Rosler and his lame Wigan team? 

53 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Brilliant post.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yeah yeah you troublemaker ...I can give numerous examples of Mcclaren bottling games and getting made fun of by opposing managers and so can you, not so many of Clement, so I may have muddled the home Brum match where we got outfoxed and spanked - so that may speak more to Rowetts cleverness than our own manager - be it Clement or Mcclarens - feebleness. What about Reading at home or Rosler and his lame Wigan team? 

;) Sorry Sir. I was on the wind up :p

25 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'm not impressed with GR. I'm gutted he gave Will Hughes away.

I have only just got me voice back for trying to get the rest of the South Stand singing Gary Rowett's Black and White Army with me....

Forums, phone ins and the like are a chance to moan so don't be too harsh on them Ossie. Its the modern equivalent of getting back to your local and saying well, that was a pile of w***, who's round is it?

34 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm not impressed with GR. I'm gutted he gave Will Hughes away.

I have only just got me voice back for trying to get the rest of the South Stand singing Gary Rowett's Black and White Army with me....

Forums, phone ins and the like are a chance to moan so don't be too harsh on them Ossie. Its the modern equivalent of getting back to your local and saying well, that was a pile of w***, who's round is it?

But that was it, you'd be in the pub, have a moan and then get hammered and get on with your life. This crap goes on for weeks and goes round and round in circles.

Oh yea, I was also singing Gary Rowetts black and white army.

Archived