Is Rowett up to the job

ramma

These worry me....

Gary Rowett Quotes

When you look at the likes of Mourinho's Inter Milan when they beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich to win the Champions League, they literally gave the ball away on purpose so they could maintain their defensive shape when they were 1-0 up, and I think a lot of teams at this level are looking at those types of aspects and seeing that as a feature of defensive play.

I love Dortmund's ethos and the ethos of Jurgen Klopp, Klopp says it himself: 'if we run more than the opposition, we will win' - and he's quite unashamed about that. It's all about effort and desire.

[John Beck's Cambridge of the early 1990s] was the first time I saw how an effective, solid, organised team could achieve things.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

... even when we signed him Rowett said it means we don't have to rush Thorne back in it so it must show rowett thinks they are similar too. 

I must have missed hearing that, worrying then that GR couldn't get some younger more mobile version of George in.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

These worry me....

Gary Rowett Quotes

When you look at the likes of Mourinho's Inter Milan when they beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich to win the Champions League, they literally gave the ball away on purpose so they could maintain their defensive shape when they were 1-0 up, and I think a lot of teams at this level are looking at those types of aspects and seeing that as a feature of defensive play.

I love Dortmund's ethos and the ethos of Jurgen Klopp, Klopp says it himself: 'if we run more than the opposition, we will win' - and he's quite unashamed about that. It's all about effort and desire.

[John Beck's Cambridge of the early 1990s] was the first time I saw how an effective, solid, organised team could achieve things.

I think you worry too much. 

Gary will sort DCFC out for sure. 

Give him time. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think you worry too much. 

Gary will sort DCFC out for sure. 

Give him time. 

I hope you're right.

p.s. I think he's over-thinking it

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I must have missed hearing that, worrying then that GR couldn't get some younger more mobile version of George in.

He's says it in his interview when we first sign TH if you can find it you will hear it, I know I would of liked to see that too but Thorne is still only 23/24 and you know GR he loves his older players, I think if Hanson was fit he would of just put him in there 

Very sad reading most of these comments. Rowetts style is for the defence or midfield "sitters" to play the ball forward as soon as possible to the front, usually via the three sitting behind the one up front. Personally I have seen the team implementing this quite well but not yet well enough. It is not possession for possessions sake it is trying to be effective with the ball. It is a difficult style to achieve but once the players feel confident we will become a very good side.

Very optimistic for the Brentford match

Up The Rams.

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Some "fake news " Twitter reports that Rowetts under pressure. Kind of what's up with modern football don't win in 2 and he's "under pressure".

How do you know its fake? Perhaps its more that it can be seen what he's trying to turn Derby into?

Archived