Sheffield United v Derby County

Mafiabob

1 minute ago, David said:

Always different when you watch the game a few days later, when you know the result it removes all the expectation and knee jerk emotion that the live game brings.

Not saying its the best way to watch football, the emotions are what makes the game so special but it's never quite as bad as first thought when watched again.

Do you think so? I still cry when I see John Harkes miss from the Leicester play off final.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

Always different when you watch the game a few days later, when you know the result it removes all the expectation and knee jerk emotion that the live game brings.

Not saying its the best way to watch football, the emotions are what makes the game so special but it's never quite as bad as first thought when watched again.

That's my plan this season with away games, no more Radio Derby comms to influence me and watch the full replays in the cold light of day.

We have by no means been great but Sheff Utd have had ONE shot on target and scored 2 goals :lol:

We've had a couple of one on ones for Vydra and a Weimann effort a fraction over the bar.

It's nowhere near as bad as has been made out.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Do you think so? I still cry when I see John Harkes miss from the Leicester play off final.

Well I don't recommend watching those kind of games again. Losing Sheffield United in August isn't a tear jerker.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

don't see what the particular relevance of 3-1 is?  We gifted them 3 goals.  We beat Bolton 2-1 and played them off the park but if you are suggesting that they battered us well frankly you are wrong

No. I never said they battered us at all. All I was suggesting was the team of no names simply played their hearts out and won. Through sheer determination.  There is just no talking to some people. Obviously your opinion and no one else's

28 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

No. I never said they battered us at all. All I was suggesting was the team of no names simply played their hearts out and won. Through sheer determination.  There is just no talking to some people. Obviously your opinion and no one else's

This is your quote

"You can't argue with the fact that they beat us 3 - 1 or has that fact been erased from your memory?"

obviously there's just no talking to some people :D

i really don't think there is much to learn from that spooky game, sorry if I've caused offence but can't see why, it's just a discussion

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm 40 mins into the matchday live replay and Sheff Utd have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be 2-0 up.

The meltdown on here about our performance has been absolutely ridiculous.

2 freak mistakes have cost us this game.

if they didn't deserve it, perhaps it doesn't count.

we should appeal to the football league!

2 hours ago, David said:

I didnt go to the game, or see it on ramstv, but i did see the stats and see the highlights.

Looked like apart from the errors, we did at least have the odd half chance and effort on goal, even if we didnt test the keeper.

They didnt seem to have even off shot targets until 70 odd mins.

To all those twitter twits saying its the worst derby performance they have ever seen, I seem to think they have short memories, i can remember not long ago, us going 2 down early on, and not managing a single chance in the entire game. Some of our away games in the nigel clough and paul jewell years were particularly dire.

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Mate stop digging. And yeah you did imply  that we were awful in the 1st half when replying to me initially. I and it seems others saw different. 

That 1st half was like driving from Derby to Plymouth keeping within every speed limit, keeping the correct distance from the car in front and getting 60+mpg.

Then reversing into a bollard on the Hoe......... twice.

A Sound if uninspring journey cocked up by two moments of idiocy.

1 hour ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Mate stop digging. And yeah you did imply  that we were awful in the 1st half when replying to me initially. I and it seems others saw different. 

That 1st half was like driving from Derby to Plymouth keeping within every speed limit, keeping the correct distance from the car in front and getting 60+mpg.

Rowett was far more unhappy than you with the first half performance. Were we winning second balls? More 45 minutes like that will yield the same result - 0 points.

7 hours ago, Spanish said:

This is your quote

"You can't argue with the fact that they beat us 3 - 1 or has that fact been erased from your memory?"

obviously there's just no talking to some people :D

i really don't think there is much to learn from that spooky game, sorry if I've caused offence but can't see why, it's just a discussion

My original quote was that "On paper that was a David and Goliath scenario"  and certain people jumped down my throat. I still say it was ON PAPER 

5 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Actually all I said was on paper that was David and Goliath.  You disagreed.  But ON PAPER it was. All I was saying

9 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

That's the problem though - all of the back 4 and midfielders we have are slightly mistake-prone. If we were on the front foot all of time it would be fine - keep the ball, minimise the amount of defending we have to do so there's less chance of a mistake, and create plenty of chances ourselves. But what happens when we sit deep, try to keep it tight and encourage the opposition onto us, is that we don't keep the ball, and all of the (slight) frailties in the backline get exposed. And we don't score enough goals to overcome the odd mistake we do make.

Two of our own fans, fully grown adults, were squaring up to each other in the away end where i was stood on Saturday. The atmosphere was appalling and extremely toxic. People just wanted to argue with each other and it lead to at least 3 rather irate arguments by people near us. 

Don't get me wrong, i'm not a saint and like everyone have a moan from time to time. But what I really don't get is this cockiness of some of our fans that Derby have the right to win every game... We don't! people need to realise, we don't have a god given right that all we need to do is turn up and we'll win. Only when the expectation is lowered will the atmosphere in the stands and around the club will improve.

The players always have one eye on the internationals / the very big game coming up  when this is relevant.........dont want to get injured /outplay their reserves/etc......... that is more important than the game being played.    Plus the fact they know they are all up for grabs / don't know where they will be on Friday morning.

Psychologically took their foot off the gas  .  It happens.

15 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm 40 mins into the matchday live replay and Sheff Utd have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be 2-0 up.

The meltdown on here about our performance has been absolutely ridiculous.

2 freak mistakes have cost us this game.

Yes you are right. I yet again was fooled by listening to Radio Derby. They were absolutely slaughtering our performance and I yet again was taken in. I have now watched it through on RamsTV and guess what.......A freak game with freak mistakes. As you say Saul the meltdown on here was/is ridiculous and I apologise for my little rant after the game that added to it.

(Note to self AGAIN.............Don't listen to Radio Derby)!

Archived