Sheffield United v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Only watched the 10 minute highlights so difficult to comment on the overall performance, but looked like we were generally the better side and just lost out to 3 freak goals? 

We look like a pub side.

The first goal we put ourselves under necessary pressure

the second goal is totally amateurish

but the last goal is the worst in my opinion.

their keeper didn't have a save to make and we could have easily conceded two more.

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

We look like a pub side.

The first goal we put ourselves under necessary pressure

the second goal is totally amateurish

but the last goal is the worst in my opinion.

their keeper didn't have a save to make and we could have easily conceded two more.

I think we scored and I remember Vydra 1 on 1

18 hours ago, angieram said:

I thought he held back a bit while George was on the pitch - let George make the plays. But watch the last 20 minutes after George went off and it was Elsnik driving that team forward. 

Thanks for that Angie. I kind of trust your judgement. On that topic I was talking to my friend Bill who also went to the game. A lifetime Ram with a sensible head who's seen a lot of football . I didn't see the game but his feeling was that although we were initially unlucky that didn't  negate the lack of drive from the advanced midfield. He reckoned too much backs to goal when receiving the ball. Not enough anticipating forward intent. Not enough turn and run. In essence a bit passive. Seemed to slip back to our slower paced game ? 

Well ... GR has been consistent in saying play well and you keep the shirt ... So what happens next one wonders. ? Lawrence to start ? Will Anya get a game ? 

On 27/08/2017 at 10:49, IronRam 70.3 said:

No.

I take it you'd be happy with Derby not registering a shot on target (goal excepted) or any notable clinical play during the entire half  during a home game then.

Thats what they offered up. Darren Bent summarised very similar. I agreed.

Each to their own.

I was merely pointing out that they are a team of no names on the whole but they played as a team with heart against, what is on paper one of the more talented and highly paid squads. You can't argue with the fact that they beat us 3 - 1 or has that fact been erased from your memory?

50 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I was merely pointing out that they are a team of no names on the whole but they played as a team with heart against, what is on paper one of the more talented and highly paid squads. You can't argue with the fact that they beat us 3 - 1 or has that fact been erased from your memory?

don't see what the particular relevance of 3-1 is?  We gifted them 3 goals.  We beat Bolton 2-1 and played them off the park but if you are suggesting that they battered us well frankly you are wrong

11 minutes ago, Spanish said:

don't see what the particular relevance of 3-1 is?  We gifted them 3 goals.  We beat Bolton 2-1 and played them off the park but if you are suggesting that they battered us well frankly you are wrong

They had more chances than us according to the highlights, plus a disallowed goal. They didn't need to batter us we battered ourselves! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

watched the whole game and we could have easily won, difficult to learn much when you give goals away maybe at 0-0 we would have seen them in a different light?

Perhaps. But I'd have expected a better reaction to a sloppy goal for them - was there? Seemed our only reaction came about 10 mins from the end?

To put some perspective on a poor Rams performance,me and my 2 eldest walked onto Chesterfield Road to get a taxi at 12 and outside The Big Tree we hear the chants of 'shee,sheep,sheep shaggers'!

They couldn't understand the concept that we should support Derby(born and raised their) but had moved to Sheffield 30 years ago!

Mongs!

13 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

I'm 40 mins into the matchday live replay and Sheff Utd have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be 2-0 up.

The meltdown on here about our performance has been absolutely ridiculous.

2 freak mistakes have cost us this game.

They're 2-0 up they don't need to do anything, we do.

18 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

The meltdown on here about our performance has been absolutely ridiculous.

Always different when you watch the game a few days later, when you know the result it removes all the expectation and knee jerk emotion that the live game brings.

Not saying its the best way to watch football, the emotions are what makes the game so special but it's never quite as bad as first thought when watched again.

Archived