Rowett: "We want to make one more signing.."

RoyMac5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not one of the attacking midfielders, wingers or strikers we have are capable of doing what Rowett wants from them. If we are going to persist with this direct to the wingers style, we need a minimum of 6 signings, probably more like 10.  If we sign one player and carry on like this, we're in serious relegation trouble, as I just don't see where the goals are coming from.

20 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Even if we get Lawrence, where is the creativity in midfield going to come from?

Admittingly I've not been at the game as I'm away so not going to comment too much...but one thing I took from the Sunderland match wasn't the performances of the attacking players but it's the lack of a 'link up' player in midfield, as in someone who will play in their half who will get closer to Martin and bring the wide players into play. I won't point fingers on specific players but I think this might be more of an issue than what people realise 

I'm guessing  (hoping) that he realises we need more than one in. Unfortunately, it seems pretty clear that he is working within fairly tightly constrained parameters financially and that one player is all that is possible with the funds currently available to him. Further purchases will likely only be made if we are able to shift some first. 

I think most Derby fans can see that we are two or three quality players short in attacking areas but I fear that as things stand we should probably accept that this is not realistic in our current circumstances...

1 minute ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

as things stand we should probably accept that this is not realistic in our current circumstances...

Maybe Rowett shouldn't be going round telling everyone we should be finishing top two as a minimum then!

Archived