Rowett: "We want to make one more signing.."

RoyMac5

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Tell u what after today, has there ever been more pressure on one signing to come in and do the business lol

30k expecting u to turn a smack bang average team into promotion contenders lol.... no pressure ?

Why would there be any pressure on the new recruit, they'll pick up their wages regardless of what performaces they put in. I don't see any effort on the part of Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Blackman to justify their transfer fees or wages.

6 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why would there be any pressure on the new recruit, they'll pick up their wages regardless of what performaces they put in. I don't see any effort on the part of Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Blackman to justify their transfer fees or wages.

It was a tongue in cheek comment lol

but your right 

I'd written this season off before it had even started... we need a rebuilding job and I'd be happy with top half tbh. I'm not going to moan about anything from today because it's all the same things we have all moaned about for as long as I care to remember. It was a bad performance but Rome wasn't built in a day! Let's all give him a chance and see what happens transfer wise end of the season, I'm sure we will see more movement towards the end on both sides. Must be some teams that want some of our players even on loan! We can't keep signing kids of players with out shipping a few out beforehand.

I remember the back end of last season Rowett saying that the team that lines up this year would have a very different look to it. Hmmmmm. 

Followed up by the very very high quality replacement for Ince. 

People don't forget these things and he is at risk of looking abit of a fool. 

I do think we will sign Lawrence but whether he is of the quality hinted at the jury is out. 

It is early doors and I'm not worried just yet but I am concerned by the fact that I believed having Rowett in charge the back end of last season would give us an advantage as he would identify what we needed and get our business done early. Now that we have left it late whoever comes in will be under more pressure to deliver straight away. 

Still positive though, until Tuesday at least. 

Was at the game today ,,,, jeez are we poor ,

russell is gonna come in for real stick this season simply because he is right up there among our best performers ,, I kid you not , you could debate his pro s and cons when we had better players but when he is among your best performers you realise he is not a good enough player to be in a promotion side ( and I like Russell) ,

one or two incoming will not transform us into contenders either and going with the players we have will see us closer to relegation than promotion 

I really don't know what kind of a team we are supposed to be and I don't think the players do either , there was one glaring point just before half time when had a couple of players try to press their right back and the rest of the team dropped deep and it was clear  confusion reigned,

we simply have NO midfield either , I hate to name single players but my God jono is awful ,, he can't pass a ball ,,6mill we paid??? Butterfield will never be better than mid table championship player and he will have to raise his game consistently to maintain that level,

stronger at the back was the straw I was clutching at before kick off ?? Oh no ,, they made us look stupid , cut us open with ease ,,,we are not a well organised counter attack team neither are we a high pressing high energy team and we certainly are not a passing position side anymore ,'

some will call this an over reaction ,, fair play to them but we are a mess ,, we are right back to the jewel era ,, we have not passed go and we have not collected £100 ,

if we go into the season with what we have I fear rowett is doomed , the fans will turn very fast with the sale of Hughes and ince a massive factor ,, you could feel it all around you today in the crowd 

Archived