Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Average players with little passion for the last four seasons or more. Then take the best two players out after installing a manager who does not have the depth of experience or knowledge in the transfer market to be able to buy to replace. Add to that a few years of financial incompetence leaving us facing a ffp issue and a stack of overpaid wasters and what do we get.......

I think everybody needs to take a deep breath and see what team we have at the end of the transfer window.

Then give it a couple of months before ripping the team apart and giving up hope.

We all knew it was going to be tough after Hughes and Ince were sold  so lets give GR time to shuffle the squad around and then get them playing.

We really do need to give him some time or we will just chop and change as we have since NC was sacked and we will get nowhere and compel our club to being a laughing stock .

Patience and some good deals in the transfer window is our only option.

Chopping managers every season has got us in the mire where we are now ( and some crazy prices paid for mediocre players)

Only 2 games in.

Support the club and show some faith in our manager.

COYR

1 minute ago, Ramleicester said:

Average players with little passion for the last four seasons or more. Then take the best two players out after installing a manager who does not have the depth of experience or knowledge in the transfer market to be able to buy to replace. Add to that a few years of financial incompetence leaving us facing a ffp issue and a stack of overpaid wasters and what do we get.......

Nothing to do with "passion" It's not the same players for the last 4 seasons and the ones that are still here are better than those brought in while some that have left went to a higher level.

Seen it all before, heard it all before.  What a shambles.  This is my club. A moron of a captain. A fool of a manager. No quality. No balls. A defense our local under 11's caught breech.

My route from the stand to my car took me through the players cars, an extremely extravagant collection and an ostentatious show of wealth, but no reflection of the contributions these players make to my club. 

So who would we think to buy what class players are available that want to come to Derby ?

Martin is player who thrives on midfielders running past him when we had Bryant Hendricks and Hughes we simply don't have that 

Just not sure who could be replaced with who 

I do think Weiman is not the answer didn't score at Villa lucky to be on the pitch here

I really hate that I'm not feeling the love at the moment ... early days maybe give me some hope ... someone ... please !!!!! 

24 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Wolves have rolled the FFP dice in a bid to escape the division based on how pedestrian they made us look they will be up there this season.

40mil spent in 1 yr they have to go up this season else they will face the penalty (probably just a slap on the wrist).

Don't be ridiculous - Bournemouth received a fine of £7 mill for breaking FFP after they got promoted to the Premier League I will have you know. I'm not sure how  they managed to deal with such a crippling fine.

A couple of years ago we beat Wolves 5-0 with Simon Dawkins linking the play. Fans said he offered nothing and couldn't wait to see him leave.

So we went out and spent £6.5 million on Bradley Johnson. Now we can't pass for toffee while Wolves cut through us like p!ss in the snow.

Karma I guess.

10 minutes ago, Jortat said:

I think everybody needs to take a deep breath and see what team we have at the end of the transfer window.

Then give it a couple of months before ripping the team apart and giving up hope.

You think one signing will be worth waiting for?

16 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

What's that got to do with today's game ? 

Well Russell, Butterfield, Martin and others will not be taking this team up that is for sure. Hence it would be nice to have some foreign players in the similar way that other Championship teams find them. I would think having garbage scouting has a lot to do with today's game and every game after it. 

Certainly proof today that if we are serious for promotion ,certain players certainly as a collective are not good enough. Bryson ,Russell, Weinmann, Butterfield not good enough for automatic first team selection if we are to compete. Certainly need two good players in and Lawrence and Jota (on last seasons form) would make the team more complete,providing that extra quality. £16-18 mill may be a small price to pay and comparatively good value considering what mediocre we have paid for in recent years. Dont think we are far off being a very good team but if we are to move forward some players need replacing this window unless they become fringe players.

Let's keep it real folks, wolves were the better side no question they knew they were going to control the football they knew where they were going to pass it and they did it.

regarding Derby we were sedentary in midfield which kills all the forwards - we can't start games with Butterfield and Johnson and expect to pass the ball forwards because we know it just doesn't happen - do we currently have many alternatives- not really apart from Bryson to start 

yes I am frustrated but realistic we need more in central midfield more than anything

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You think one signing will be worth waiting for?

I hope there is more but as I said all we can do is sit and wait and hope there are some deals coming through before the window closes.

There are plenty of other teams waiting on grabbing players late,

I think we need at least 2 quality players but Im not the manager so I will put my faith in him and try to stay positive for the new season.

Its been a long boring break without football and Im not ready for wrist slashing yet.

6 minutes ago, Black Country Ram said:

I also walk through the car park back to the train station. Left on 82 mins to avoid a train full of Wolverhampton gypsies and nearly got run over by Blackman and Olsson making an early dart. Fair enough they're not in the squad but should they really be leaving before the final whistle?

Didn't happen

Not slashing wrists yet. Early days but that was pretty glum wasn't it

complete lack of magic in the attacking half of the pitch. Martin isolated for much of the game until Nugent came on and we saw a glimmer of possibilities.

plus points.

Tom can pass and play the ball first time, something we have been missing

Davis pretty solid

Wisdom .. Wow how did we manage to get him for the price. Top top signing.

Weiman might not have achieved much but he worked his balls off.

negatives.

why is Martin on his own up there .. No partner and no midfield close enough or quick enough ?

Fozzy out of position too often 

Johnny's "percentage" game doesn't work when up against some quality 

Butters And Johnson .. Poor games. Reputations declining swiftly even from a die hard happy Clappy

off to sulk for 2 days .. Talk later 

Archived