Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

First home game of the season this Saturday against FC Porto reserves, a team that actually spends more than us.

Richard Keogh hat-trick as he seeks vengeance for his goal not counting in the abandoned game. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way too early team prediction (as injuries aren't confirmed yet...)

Carson; Wisdom Keogh Davies Fozzy; Huddlestone Butterfield Johnson; Russell Martin Weimann

Disclaimer: this is not the team I would pick, but the team I think Gary will based on what I've seen so far/until he gets another attacker of his choosing/unless Vydra is fit...

Wolves fan in peace.

Looking forward to Saturday, my first visit to Pride Park. Our team picks itself atm (unless we sign another striker before Sat):

Ruddy

Miranda Coady(C) Boly

Doherty Neves Saiss Douglas

Cavaleiro Bonatini Jota

SUBS: Norris, Bennett, Batth, Dicko, Graham, Edwards, Enobakhare

Cavaleiro back from suspension (for the red card against Derby last season!) goes straight back in for Enobkhare. Still out injured are Helder Costa (ankle), Phil Ofosu-Ayeh (thigh), Ben Marshall (hip) & Morgan Gibbs-White (foot).

Another tough game for us after an excellent win against Boro on the opening day. I'd take a draw now.

Carson
Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth
      Huddlestone Johnson
Russell   Nugent/Vydra Weimann
                  Martin

Mitchell, Pearce, Baird, Butterfield, Bennett, Anya, Nugent/Vydra

Vydra to start if he's fit. Nuge if not.

Let's go for it at home! Wolves look good, but certainly not unbeatable!

Carson
                                     Keogh Wisdom Davies
                           Anya Huddlestone Johnson Olsson
                                    Weimann Martin Vydra

Match em up. Go for it. Football manager style. 

I normally look forward to Wolves, we always seem to smash them. They are a very different side now though. Interesting to see how all their new players settle in. Looking forward to seeing Neves play. 

I think we can do em. They've spent a lot of money, yet bringing in that many players runs the risk of them not properly gelling. I'd only make one change from the starting XI vs Sunderland by bringing in Vydra if he's fit ahead of Weimann. 

Wolves are yet to set the world on fire with 2 home 1-0 wins, so we will see.

I think for the first time in a long time, Wolves are better than us (at the time of writing but incredibly unlikely that'll change at all this summer, let alone before the game).

Will require a much better performance than the one against Sunderland.

Should be a good game, win or lose.

7 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Carson

Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth

The Hudd, JB/BJ

Russell, Weimann, Anya

Martin 

Assuming that Vydra ain't fit, that'd be a decent shout if we're confident. If rowett thinks we need to worry about wolves then I'd guess we'll line up same as v Sunderland. Unless he replaces butters with bryson.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Assuming that Vydra ain't fit, that'd be a decent shout if we're confident. If rowett thinks we need to worry about wolves then I'd guess we'll line up same as v Sunderland. Unless he replaces butters with bryson.

Yeah, i'm assuming Vydra won't be fit.

Weimann is tasked with harrying Ruben Neves when we're out of possession.

Archived