Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

Wolves are, imo, the best team in the Championship.

As such, I predicted a 2-1 loss. While on paper I was seemingly close, I vastly underestimated the difference between the two sides. Should have been 4-0 at least.

Need quality, but even without it we'll be safe this season if it is indeed the beginning of a long term rebuild as has been touted.

If it's not a long term rebuild from the perspective of the higher ups (a big IF), Rowett will not survive 6 months if he doesn't bring quality in, based on Mel's track record.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weirdly for saying we lost 2-0, thought we actually defended well, mostly first half. You can tell the defence we're struggling because the midfield and attack were seemingly imcompetent. 

Same as usual, wide players poor, Butterfield poorl, need some in.

4-2-3-1 next game. 

Wolves were decent though. Very decent.

4 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Outplayed for long spells by a poor Sunderland and totally outplayed by Wolves. 

Rowett will never get Derby promoted. He's no better than Wassal but talks more twaddle.

In terms of performances and points per game, isn't Darren Wassall our second best manager of the previous six?

4 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

@TroyDyer just wishes Nigel Clough was still here. He used to buy players for nothing and make them good. Not enough progress for some people.

So do I.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Whilst this is rubbish it's the second game of the season. If you are writing Rowett off at this point have a word with yourself.

Certainly not but it's a reality check to all those who always thought the grass is greener and did the "But at Leicester.." Pearson thing with Rowett and his previous jobs. 

We weren't good enough last season under McClaren who served up some good stuff for Derby. 

We didn't improve under Rowett who then sold our best players and has an awful lot to do to prove he's worth the hype.

We all need to be patient but I just want to see some promise. It's hard to pick positives from his reign so far

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Wolves are, imo, the best team in the Championship.

As such, I predicted a 2-1 loss. While on paper I was seemingly close, I vastly underestimated the difference between the two sides. Should have been 4-0 at least.

Need quality, but even without it we'll be safe this season if it is indeed the beginning of a long term rebuild as has been touted.

If it's not a long term rebuild from the perspective of the higher ups (a big IF), Rowett will not survive 6 months if he doesn't bring quality in, based on Mel's track record.

The problem with a rebuild is the club is talking about FFP, nobody wants our unwanted players and I doubt Mel will give GR enough time to overhaul the squad.

its early days, get some players in and be brave with sales and after that performance play some of the benched players.

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

Unfortunately we are going nowhere with Chris Martin in this team

Too slow, too immobile & offers nothing to the way we are now trying to play

We need more mobility & someone to run the channels

You'll get a few with that one ??

What are we short to compete with the likes of Wolves? I guess it depends on formation, but should we switch to a 4-2-3-1: 1x CM, 3x AM. If we're to play 4-3-3: 2x CM & 2x WF

For me, four really good players to come in and we look a different team. The problem is, with our scouting, we would need to sign 15-20 players to make sure we sign those four quality ones required. 

Wolves have rolled the FFP dice in a bid to escape the division based on how pedestrian they made us look they will be up there this season.

40mil spent in 1 yr they have to go up this season else they will face the penalty (probably just a slap on the wrist).

2 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

ah yes... people blaming rowett before realising we STILL have the same core group of players that failed under mac, clement daz, pearson and mac2. were now on to our 6th manager while the squad has remained constant. surely you can tell which one is the problem?

true m8 i got slanged for calling players  when we have gone through 6 managers ?. we are no where near good enough and havnt been for seasons bottlers and lazy to much waiting about for some one else to get the ball for em. gr will need 3 seasons to sort this lot out as no one would pay owt near what we are paying (wages ect) for this lot.

Archived