Derby County v Wolverhampton Wanderers - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifa style walk-in from Wolves.

Anyone who thought Derby were in with a chance of contention are getting a reality check. Lets hope one of them isn't Mel.

Really need some quality.

Huddlestone has been tosh in this game. 

Just now, mickram said:

It's awful.Derby playing with the pace of a snail.

Slowly coming to the conclusion that Rowett talks out his backside and is out of his depth 

I fail to see how you've SLOWLY come to that conclusion seeing as you're making it on the first game of the season. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Fifa style walk-in from Wolves.

Anyone who thought Derby were in with a chance of contention are getting a reality check. Lets hope one of them isn't Mel.

Really need some quality.

Huddlestone has been tosh in this game. 

Sweaty goal time 

Wow .... I quote from sky " absolutely destroyed" bodes well for a season of struggle to come 2 league games no goals from our forwards .... in a team that struggled for goals last season we sold our top goalscorer and our playmaker and replaced them with defensive players we could've really struggle this season

We've spent the summer buying defenders for a defence that was one of the best in the division whilst at the same time selling our best two attackers in an attach that was one of the worst in the division 

i don't know why people are surprised

we were promised an overhaul, instead we sold our best and kept our dross because nobody wants them, same old spineless, useless players 

Wolves are, based on this showing, twice the team we are. I don't think we'll struggle but we certainly won't be competing with this squad. 

Doesn't need much, mind. 

(I really rate this Wolves squad)

Watching this on the rams player from my holidays...   We are not good enough

The main problems (for me)

1 nothing up front - Martin looks very poor no pace and noone getting close enough (We looked better when Nugent came on)

2 Russell and weimann hopeless 

3 butterfield hopeless - Bryson looked so much better

4 Johnson hopeless

So in summary nothing ahead of Huddlestone looks any good.  To be honest it didn't look great behind him either but I think the greater issue is ahead/alongside him.

The midfield could be solved by a formation change 4231? Or a fit Thorne (fingers crossed)

As for the attackers though...

1 point from 6 

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

We are s****. Too many average players that used to be "alright". 

Butterfield, Johnson, Russell, Keogh, Weimann... not even near good enough.

Take out Wisdom and it's a rout.

at least our transfer targets dont fall into this category.

if we get any of toral, lawrence, che, etc at least we arent buying has beens,

Archived