Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Todd was better than McFarland

Was at a corporate "do" at Wembley c 1990 or 1991 against Brazil, and Kevin Keegan made the same judgement.

Coincidentally, and unknown to each other, a handful of DCFC fans were also listening to the benefit of his experience, and he soon realised that his judgement of central defenders was being very seriously questioned!

Toddy was good, but not quite that good.

the reason the atmosphere struggles to get going is that not many people like to sing cringeworthy and embarrassing songs. Those starting the chants should stick to the classics and stop trying to be clever and funny.

I’ve been here so not gonna cover old ground and go on this season

When Johnson was consistently in the starting line up we were a more competitive and better side. 

The Vydra/Nuge partnership wasn’t that great. Nugent just did Vydras donkey work for him.

What Rowett was getting Winnall to do contributed to the injury he suffered. It was daft, he then applauded him for staying on the pitch which could have caused more damage.

If Rowett has managed the squad Rowett had at his disposal on the 1st of Jan properly he would have got promotion. In the end he underachieved.

1 hour ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Was at a corporate "do" at Wembley c 1990 or 1991 against Brazil, and Kevin Keegan made the same judgement.

Coincidentally, and unknown to each other, a handful of DCFC fans were also listening to the benefit of his experience, and he soon realised that his judgement of central defenders was being very seriously questioned!

Toddy was good, but not quite that good.

different players Todd was better at what he di and vice versa,they were possibly perfect foil for one another

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Todd was better than McFarland

Without a shadow of a doubt I agree.

Roy Mac was fantastic, but Toddy was unearthly at times.

Todd is the only defender I have ever seen in almost 50 years who was more exciting than most creative mid fielders.

That back 4 of Webster, McFarland, Todd and Nish was probably the greatest club back 4 of all time.

If I had to pick out the greatest Ram of my time watching I'd be pondering between Charlie George and Colin Todd, but I'd eventually pick Toddy.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Jason Shackell was never that bad

Jake Buxton was

It’s all dependent on context though.

Shackell was immense in the Clough team because we didn’t play it religiously from the back and he suited the last ten minutes under siege Clough wanted when winning. 

Whereas Bucko was only ever an average defender who loved a physical battle and was roasted for pace.

In the McClaren and Clement teams Shacks was awful because he had to take a touch and stop the ball dead every time it came to him, killing our fluency and it proved to be the Achilles Heel that Clement never solved. 

Whereas I’ve never seen a centre-half with the two footed range of passing as I have Bucko. He could hit sweeping cross-field diagonals, right or left footed, for fun which in turn made it nigh on impossible for teams to stop us. 

Chris Martin and Johnny Russell were highly overrated and we Derby fans have a habit of making average football players seem like world beaters. The fact that only Hendrick, Hughes and Ince have moved up in the last few years shows that. Rowett letting Russell leave was one of the only positive things he did as our manager. 

1 minute ago, Lambchop said:

I don’t like Rammie. 

* I’m just making things up to pass the time now. 

I genuinely don't like Rammie since he had a head transplant - used to like the original version, but this 'new' one is an imposter - and as for Ewie - argghhh - although I liked her a bit more in the last few games when she got a bit fitter (as in she danced about a bit more ?)

Archived