Confess your unpopular Rams opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Stephen warnock was always better than Craig Forsyth 

It’s an interesting debate. Do you think that the difference in sizes between Forsyth’s left and right foot as a result of irregular dairy consumption when younger has impacted on his ability to be our undisputed first choice left back?

Also Forsyth’s lack of consumption fruit recently could be a reason why he does not have the energy to bomb up and down the wing like he used to, when he used to consume 6 or 7 different pieces of fruit daily when McClaren was here. It appears he has chosen a more meat based diet to gain more muscle as he is getting older.

Manel was never as bad as was made out at the time.

Bisgaard is one of the most underrated player we have had in the last 20 years.

The likes of Richard Jackson/Paul Boertien show that while not every young player will ‘make it’ per se, they can still be effective additions to your squad.

Cyrus Christie is a good player who’s style was completely unsuited to what Derby needed (that type of signing will always mean Mac has a question mark on his head).

Hendrick has been a bigger loss than Hughes (although Hughes has the potential to go further).

Ive never seen a player give up quite like Steve Howard after he missed a penalty in the Prem against Blackburn. It was a literal head drop and losing of interest. Always been slightly disappointed with him ever since

Wisdom, if managed correctly, could be a future Derby captain and could still become a regular for England

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Manel was never as bad as was made out at the time. Yes

Bisgaard is one of the most underrated player we have had in the last 20 years. Yes

The likes of Richard Jackson/Paul Boertien show that while not every young player will ‘make it’ per se, they can still be effective additions to your squad. Hmm

Cyrus Christie is a good player who’s style was completely unsuited to what Derby needed (that type of signing will always mean Mac has a question mark on his head). Nooooooooooo

Hendrick has been a bigger loss than Hughes (although Hughes has the potential to go further). I see what you mean

Ive never seen a player give up quite like Steve Howard after he missed a penalty in the Prem against Blackburn. It was a literal head drop and losing of interest. Always been slightly disappointed with him ever since Sad but true

Wisdom, if managed correctly, could be a future Derby captain and could still become a regular for England Doubtful and absolutely no chance

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Ha, the wisdom one started out as ‘probably’ and ‘could’ and then I changed it for impact!

Well his old club Liverpool have 3 better right backs in Clyne, Gomez and Alexander-Arnold so I think he may struggle. 

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Bisgaard? Looked a world beater when we'd play Forest, useless the rest of the time.

Bisgaard was pretty consistent overall which made him a good foil for Tommy Smith who had the freedom to gamble and be a little more in/out. Bisgaard had that touch of class where he could hold onto the ball and find a pass. Smith was undoubtedly more exciting but Bisgaard was a smarter and better footballer

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Well his old club Liverpool have 3 better right backs in Clyne, Gomez and Alexander-Arnold so I think he may struggle. 

True, to be honest though I still think he will one day transition back into a CB role. I think that’s where I’d have him long term anyway 

That we don’t play 442 using the whole pitch, with flying wingers and left back / right back over lapping and working as pairs to whip crosses in to a classic CF who has a nippy little foil playing off him to pick up the bits and a balanced midfield pair with complimentary attacking and defending skill sets 

god I’m getting old ?

15 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I would have been happy for us to sign Joey Barton. 

Now I am not saying that would be universally unpopular, but it might have divided opinions just a tad 

Archived