RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

On 8/4/2017 at 14:32, Eddie Lewis said:

I have the same problem in Barcelona. If the game is on Sky they normally broadcast it on Bet365 so i it watch on there, the quality of the stream is normally good you just need an account with them.

I watch on Bet365 also, when available. But for the life of me, I can't seem to get a full screen from it.

18 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

A bit of a correction just so that no-one else is misled. When we're the televised game, Rams TV will only provide audio commentary from RD. I won't pretend that I wasn't a bit miffed by this as the package was quite clear...as is the paragraph in the FAQs which correctly summarises the position. When another Australian Derby fan alerted me to this, he also mentioned that Bein Sport too had lost Championship rights...so I had gone from a choice of two sources to watch the match at Sunderland to none...about 30 minutes before kick off.

Apparently ESPN3 has broadcast rights (in Australia at least) so trying to work out how one gets access to that...

A further correction: it seems ESPN3 (now called WatchESPN) has the broadcast rights everywhere outside the UK and Ireland bar Australia and NZ, and the rights for Australia and NZ have yet to be awarded.

So the broadcast matches on Sky involving Derby aren't permitted on Rams TV anywhere in the world, but nor  can they be legitimately accessed at all here in Australia/NZ. All I am going to say is it had better be fixed before October 12 (I think it is).

25 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

All I am going to say is it had better be fixed before October 12 (I think it is)

The club are under the EFL broadcasting contract which prevents them from streaming televised games, it's the same with the EFL's own iFollow service. This has never been hidden in the small print by the club, always been mentioned.

I know it's not actually televised in Australia but the rights are sold over there still, maybe the EFL will look into individual country exclusion if the contract allows it, don't know, but Derby won't be able to unless the EFL move first.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

20 hours ago, A Ram for All Seasons said:

Just signed up from South West Germany, having grown up literally in the shadow of the old Baseball Ground.

I usually only manage to get to 3 - 4 games a season, plus the Kaiserslautern and Karlsruhe pre-season friendlies and the Sky games, so this will make a big difference.

After lurking for many years as a guest, I have also decided to sign up for this forum, as I will be able to talk about football that I have actually seen.

Welcome and don't worry. There are plenty of comments made by people who haven't seen the football - it seems that way anyway :whistle:

7 hours ago, David said:

The club are under the EFL broadcasting contract which prevents them from streaming televised games, it's the same with the EFL's own iFollow service. This has never been hidden in the small print by the club, always been mentioned.

I know it's not actually televised in Australia but the rights are sold over there still, maybe the EFL will look into individual country exclusion if the contract allows it, don't know, but Derby won't be able to unless the EFL move first.

https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

I could have sworn I just said that Dave.

Obviously the failure to award the broadcasting rights in Australia and NZ for the EFL is a league issue, not a Derby issue. It might not even be the league's "fault" as such.

And congrats on being so aware of the situation. It might shock you but it takes a little more proactive effort in Australia to clarify the situation with the EFL rights in Australia than it does when you live in Derby.

When I subscribed to Rams TV, the "headline" content said "all games". I didn't read the FAQs or the finer print; I didn't complain about that although I'd argue that an alternate form of wording would've alerted me to the situation.

At the end of the day, I would still have purchased Rams TV; presumably I would have learned that I'd be listening to the RD service - as I have for years - for the first game. The only difference for me is that I now actively hope for Derby NOT to be on Sky instead of the other way around because I get to watch us live....hence the allusion (intended to be wry) to the Forest game. 

If it's not dealt with before then, it could be the first time in quite a few years that I have not watched a Derby-Forest match live (although, if a few things fall into place in the next few weeks, I might even be in England and scrounging for tickets on October 12).

I was only trying to inform others as I worked what was going on. No one accused the club of setting out to mislead so I'm sorry if you or anyone else felt that was the implication.

Just so you understand, I was first alerted to the non-telecast of the match at about 4am by a fellow Derby fan (insomnia can be a good thing on occasion). Had I read his message properly, I would have realised the implications for Foxtel, our pay TV service that carries both Bein and ESPN...but I didn't. I was trying to find a stream for him thinking I had it on Foxtel anyway...only to sit down at 4.35am-ish to realise that ESPN1 and 2 are carried by Foxtel, not ESPN3, which google told me (and others) had the broadcast rights.

Foxtel's site told me that I could access ESPN3 and the EFL matches online if I registered online (free because it's part of my existing subscription).

My registration failed because I access Foxtel through my telco. My telco had to discuss with Foxtel how I could register; once resolved (Monday), purely because I learn eventually to double-check when I can't see the EFL on the ESPN3 menu, I re-googled the situation.

The situation has been updated via an article halfway down the second page of a google search that ESPN3 has the rights for everywhere other than Australia and NZ. No decision has yet been made about Australia/NZ rights and no timeframe is available.

Sorry about the level of detail.

I'm not so deluded to think that anyone is especially interested in what I do at 4am but to illustrate that you might have known what was going on but an interested, reasonably intelligent Derby fan the world away didn't.

Nor, I'll wager, did most like me. 

Now...if anyone can let me know where I can get a voodoo doll for Sky Sports to use if they're considering telecasting Derby matches until this is resolved, I'd be appreciative.

PS: All those who bag Craig Ramage on RD...tell me you don't want to ban him from taking holidays after his fill-in?

Edited by EssendonRam

4 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

I could have sworn I just said that Dave.

Obviously the failure to award the broadcasting rights in Australia and NZ for the EFL is a league issue, not a Derby issue. It might not even be the league's "fault" as such.

And congrats on being so aware of the situation. It might shock you but it takes a little more proactive effort in Australia to clarify the situation with the EFL rights in Australia than it does when you live in Derby.

When I subscribed to Rams TV, the "headline" content said "all games". I didn't read the FAQs or the finer print; I didn't complain about that although I'd argue that an alternate form of wording would've alerted me to the situation.

At the end of the day, I would still have purchased Rams TV; presumably I would have learned that I'd be listening to the RD service - as I have for years - for the first game. The only difference for me is that I now actively hope for Derby NOT to be on Sky instead of the other way around because I get to watch us live....hence the allusion (intended to be wry) to the Forest game. 

If it's not dealt with before then, it could be the first time in quite a few years that I have not watched a Derby-Forest match live (although, if a few things fall into place in the next few weeks, I might even be in England and scrounging for tickets on October 12).

I was only trying to inform others as I worked what was going on. No one accused the club of setting out to mislead so I'm sorry if you or anyone else felt that was the implication.

Just so you understand, I was first alerted to the non-telecast of the match at about 4am by a fellow Derby fan (insomnia can be a good thing on occasion). Had I read his message properly, I would have realised the implications for Foxtel, our pay TV service that carries both Bein and ESPN...but I didn't. I was trying to find a stream for him thinking I had it on Foxtel anyway...only to sit down at 4.35am-ish to realise that ESPN1 and 2 are carried by Foxtel, not ESPN3, which google told me (and others) had the broadcast rights.

Foxtel's site told me that I could access ESPN3 and the EFL matches online if I registered online (free because it's part of my existing subscription).

My registration failed because I access Foxtel through my telco. My telco had to discuss with Foxtel how I could register; once resolved (Monday), purely because I learn eventually to double-check when I can't see the EFL on the ESPN3 menu, I re-googled the situation.

The situation has been updated via an article halfway down the second page of a google search that ESPN3 has the rights for everywhere other than Australia and NZ. No decision has yet been made about Australia/NZ rights and no timeframe is available.

Sorry about the level of detail.

I'm not so deluded to think that anyone is especially interested in what I do at 4am but to illustrate that you might have known what was going on but an interested, reasonably intelligent Derby fan the world away didn't.

Nor, I'll wager, did most like me. 

Now...if anyone can let me know where I can get a voodoo doll for Sky Sports to use if they're considering telecasting Derby matches until this is resolved, I'd be appreciative.

PS: All those who bag Craig Ramage on RD...tell me you don't want to ban him from taking holidays after his fill-in?

Your story seems similar to mine. I'm extremely surprised that the rights don't seem to have been awarded in Australia and NZ yet. It's money for old rope, given (as I assume) the large amount of EFL followers down under. I can only assume mass incompetence at some level behind the scenes. I've tried to get more info and have contacted both Beinsports and the EFL directly. But I've had no response from the latter and the former just gave vague answers about the rights not being announced. 

I managed to watch the match the other day by signing up to Bet365 and depositing $10 into my bet account. I managed to get a pop-out screen large enough to fill most of my computer screen. Worked out ok, but I'd prefer not to have signed up for this. It made be very uncomfortable signing up to a betting site and there were several enticements to get me to put down a bet. I refuse to bet - it's dangerous, especially for somebody with an addictive personality. But needs must. I think I will be able to watch most Sky matches this way and I'd recommend giving it a go (with caution). 

12 hours ago, RamO said:

Your story seems similar to mine. I'm extremely surprised that the rights don't seem to have been awarded in Australia and NZ yet. It's money for old rope, given (as I assume) the large amount of EFL followers down under. I can only assume mass incompetence at some level behind the scenes. I've tried to get more info and have contacted both Beinsports and the EFL directly. But I've had no response from the latter and the former just gave vague answers about the rights not being announced. 

I managed to watch the match the other day by signing up to Bet365 and depositing $10 into my bet account. I managed to get a pop-out screen large enough to fill most of my computer screen. Worked out ok, but I'd prefer not to have signed up for this. It made be very uncomfortable signing up to a betting site and there were several enticements to get me to put down a bet. I refuse to bet - it's dangerous, especially for somebody with an addictive personality. But needs must. I think I will be able to watch most Sky matches this way and I'd recommend giving it a go (with caution). 

Thank you for that. Being the son of a problem gambler, I too would be reluctant to register with Bet365...but I will! (If those are the words they put on my grave, could you at least put a reasonable bouquet to make amends? Just kidding.

After last year's schemozzle with the EPL, you'd think the FL would have prioritised the Australia/NZ market. I know of several mates who started paying more attention to the Championship since they couldn't watch live Premiership matches. Perhaps (and it was what I was alluding to when I said it might not be the league's fault) there is a bidding war going on? The issue might be between Foxtel and ESPN because I could've sworn ESPN3 used to available on my Foxtel service. Wasn't it the channel the FA Cup was telecast on last season?

Either way, you'd think that Rams TV and the like should be able to broadcast matches which aren't being broadcast since that's the reason they can't carry them now...wouldn't you? Or is that too simplistic?

When I took out my subscription I'm sure it said all league games not being shown by Sky plus the Carabau cup. I've just tried to connect to the site to see the pre-match talk and it says that the cup games aren't available. Has someone pulled the plug, or did I imagine that the cup was also available?

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

When I took out my subscription I'm sure it said all league games not being shown by Sky plus the Carabau cup. I've just tried to connect to the site to see the pre-match talk and it says that the cup games aren't available. Has someone pulled the plug, or did I imagine that the cup was also available?

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/08/how-to-follow-the-rams-carabao-cup-clash-at-grimsby-town 

A look down on that page shows subscribers will get: 

A pre-match show that will begin a 7:25pm. Michael Johnson will join host Colin Gibson as live studio guests to discuss the game ahead and the team news coming out of Blundell Park.

A pre-match interview with Gary Rowett ahead of kick-off.

Listen to live audio commentary from BBC Radio Derby and follow all the action every step of the way.

Match highlights and the full 90 minutes will be available across dcfc.co.uk and RamsTV after 12pm on Wednesday.

1 minute ago, richinspain said:

I thought it included the Caraboa cup, too.

1 minute ago, DJFern94 said:

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/08/how-to-follow-the-rams-carabao-cup-clash-at-grimsby-town 

A look down on that page shows subscribers will get: 

A pre-match show that will begin a 7:25pm. Michael Johnson will join host Colin Gibson as live studio guests to discuss the game ahead and the team news coming out of Blundell Park.

A pre-match interview with Gary Rowett ahead of kick-off.

Listen to live audio commentary from BBC Radio Derby and follow all the action every step of the way.

Match highlights and the full 90 minutes will be available across dcfc.co.uk and RamsTV after 12pm on Wednesday.

Yes, I've since seen that, but I'm sure that when I took out the subscription the Carabau cup was included.

Just now, richinspain said:

Yes, I've since seen that, but I'm sure that when I took out the subscription the Carabau cup was included.

Which package did you go for?

From what I know, that is what we get from the £5 a month/£45 a year version of RamsTV, it is the more expensive £12.50 a month package that has the real time live stream.