The Yard

maydrakin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate how none of these places open on a day when there's a match. What's that about? Why can't you eat in Igor's and see the Rams? I remember arranging to meet some non-drinkers after a game one time so, knowing Pride Park had a Starbucks I suggested there. I arrived and it was all shut up as, heaven forbid, people who watched the game were not going to be allowed to have a coffee afterwards under any circumstances. Who has decreed such idiocy?

It reminds me of either transport for London or the old bill (can't remember which) not allowing Wembley Central railway station to open when we were there for the playoffs because it might get overcrowded! It's a train station that serves Wembley and there's a massive occasion at Wembley ffs. World's really screwed up.

Disappointed that the club are running the bar, emailed Blake during the week, appears they selling season tickets for £2,200+vat in the Yard. Why can't it be a bar for normal punters only? There's plenty of other hospitality areas in the ground to use? Let's have a good old fashioned pub with grub on site DCFC please?

4 hours ago, deano180 said:

Disappointed that the club are running the bar, emailed Blake during the week, appears they selling season tickets for £2,200+vat in the Yard. Why can't it be a bar for normal punters only? There's plenty of other hospitality areas in the ground to use? Let's have a good old fashioned pub with grub on site DCFC please?

Too right. The Baseball bar and grill was off limits on matchdays unless you paid for the season, Macfarlands bar used to be about £20 for the season but they got greedy and started charging per game and just about tripled the cost. Instead of the tent they could just stick up a big old spit and sawdust bar for us common folk to have a slurp pre-game and make themselves a few bob. They could even close it during the close season.

I think the offer for regular fans on match days  is pretty poor, to be honest. It's all about capturing the corporate types and the better off. I know when there are 30,000 crowds they can do this as there will always be a proportion of fans who can afford the fancy prices.

I don't spend any money around the ground on match days now at all. Save my money for tickets and occasionally pop into Igor's on a weekday for lunch when there's no-one there and we are down at the ground buying said tickets!

Archived