The Yard

maydrakin

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

is this open at lunchtimes for a pint?

just had a quick look at the drinks menu, some nice beer especially estrella damm

strange pricing. half a pint of estrella £2, a pint £4.75

2 halfs please

I'm not sure A half  is a full half pint these days.

at the last match a full pint can be a bit of a guzzle if time is tight,  So last match i ordered a half.

it seemed barely bigger than a fookin expresso. Three sips and it were gone.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I'm not sure A half  is a full half pint these days.

at the last match a full pint can be a bit of a guzzle if time is tight,  So last match i ordered a half.

it seemed barely bigger than a fookin expresso. Three sips and it were gone.

Its half pint glasses to me, i'd rather drink a half out of a pint glass, just seems bigger somehow.

What's with the stupid gold?

Does someone somewhere think that giant recycled corned beef tin next door looked good. 

What is it? You make something new it has to look like it fell off a space station. 

Standing between The Yard and the Velodrome I thought I'd fell in my blue bin

Must give it a try. I don't mind paying a premium for anything IF it gives quality rather than just trendy decor

( Rant alert ) too much of our food is price driven .. Not value driven. 

If the extra quid for a burger means decent quality beef, cooked well then fantastic. If it means a load of marketing guff and presentation smoke, mirrors and a wooden platter then no thanks ( hey I love the good presentation but for me that's a given )  .. It's the ingredients and cookery that change my mind and make me partake.

jeees some of the burgers you buy ! 

On 24/08/2017 at 19:39, jono said:

Must give it a try. I don't mind paying a premium for anything IF it gives quality rather than just trendy decor

( Rant alert ) too much of our food is price driven .. Not value driven. 

If the extra quid for a burger means decent quality beef, cooked well then fantastic. If it means a load of marketing guff and presentation smoke, mirrors and a wooden platter then no thanks ( hey I love the good presentation but for me that's a given )  .. It's the ingredients and cookery that change my mind and make me partake.

jeees some of the burgers you buy ! 

Haha, you'll get a wooden platter with your burger, but the quality of the food was good. Everything seemed to be made in house. 

1 minute ago, CWC1983 said:

Yes, but it was queing outside at 2pm for the Wolves game. Didn't seem too bad for the Preston one. 

Probably because 4,000 moaning whingebags stayed at home to abuse Simon Coleman's wife on Twitter instead.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

They sell burger and chips at McDonalds. Fine dining my arse.

Is that the post you tried to tee yourself up for? I'll give you a 3/10, don't let your gluten intolerance make you bitter in future.

Why anyone thinks serving food on a bit of wood, constitutes fine dining is beyond me. It's not big and it's not clever. Serve quality food on quality crockery and stop being so pretentious. Oh and why I'm at it. The chairs look like they belong in Ikea or Wimpy. Apart from that really enjoyable visit 

5 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Why anyone thinks serving food on a bit of wood, constitutes fine dining is beyond me. It's not big and it's not clever. Serve quality food on quality crockery and stop being so pretentious. Oh and why I'm at it. The chairs look like they belong in Ikea or Wimpy. Apart from that really enjoyable visit 

Good point about the chairs. I noticed that too. They look like they're from a school canteen. Minor point though, it's the quality of the food that counts.  

Archived