The Yard

maydrakin

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a nice, trendy place. The food is decent and the customer service is a little uneven as you would expect from a new place with inexperienced staff.  It's probably about 10% more expensive than the market rate but it's attached to a football ground and club. 

I have eaten there but wouldn't go every week. It's not Burger King but that is 300m away if you want fast food. 

On 7/28/2017 at 19:41, deano180 said:

Well said, why does every area the club run have corporate options, or corporate only? 99% of punters are not corporate, Mel, can you sit up and take notice please? A good old fashioned bar, for Mr average would be welcome please? We are your largest customer base Mel ?????

Unfortunately its  the corporates that spend they big bucks plus the Yard makes money every day all year

A club-owned restaurant is a great idea.

But looking at the menu, I don't see a unique selling point. Nothing jumps out at me and says 'I need to eat this!'

Then to have it built into the stadium and to charge those prices, you are closing off a large number of people. 

How are they connecting with the man on the street? If fans are scoffing at £30 match tickets, why on Earth are those same fans going to traipse all the way to PP to pay £10 for a full English breakfast? Short answer is, they're not.

If they want to charge more upmarket prices, open a restaurant in the city centre. In the Cathedral Quarter, for example. Make it atmospheric, make it a place people genuinely would want to go to.

After all, unless you are based in and around Pride Park, i.e. you work or you live in the area, you are only ever going to go on a matchday, if at all.

9 hours ago, Jourdan said:

A club-owned restaurant is a great idea.

But looking at the menu, I don't see a unique selling point. Nothing jumps out at me and says 'I need to eat this!'

Then to have it built into the stadium and to charge those prices, you are closing off a large number of people. 

How are they connecting with the man on the street? If fans are scoffing at £30 match tickets, why on Earth are those same fans going to traipse all the way to PP to pay £10 for a full English breakfast? Short answer is, they're not.

If they want to charge more upmarket prices, open a restaurant in the city centre. In the Cathedral Quarter, for example. Make it atmospheric, make it a place people genuinely would want to go to.

After all, unless you are based in and around Pride Park, i.e. you work or you live in the area, you are only ever going to go on a matchday, if at all.

For me it's the perfect way to raise cash. Gouge the willing for as much cash as they want. If you dont like it, dont go. Its not an essential part of the match day experience. 

There is the fans park. The in ground bars with food. There is Igors and McFarlands Bar and Starbucks. There are food vans around the ground and around Pride Park. There is Frankie and Bennys and Subway next to the ground. When it reopens there will be the DW bar 50m from the ground. Within half a mile there is a KFC, a Burger King and a Pizza Hut. Also within that distance is the Merlin, the Harvester, 7 restaurant and Chiquitos. The Travelodge has a bar. 15 mins walk from the ground will get you to the Alex, Brunswick, Waterfall etc. Or walk to Chadd with pubs, shops and takeaways.

I think that unless there is a Wetherspoons with no queues 30 seconds walk from their seat some people won't be happy. 

You have a choice. Choose.

Archived