Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I hate to say it but more like Bryson a couple years a go not the one we have now. Still think he's a decent player and good to have around the squad but i do think we need to buy somebody who can buzz about the pitch.

6 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Like Bryson...

Yeh this

Oddly the example I would quote is the Wolves game last year when he and Johnson were EVERYWHERE

Pre-season videos said Bryson is fitter than he's ever been - He's still got it - Can't show that in 25 mins at the end of a game where you've switched to a random, no-one knows what's going on formation though

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh this

Oddly the example I would quote is the Wolves game last year when he and Johnson were EVERYWHERE

Pre-season videos said Bryson is fitter than he's ever been - He's still got it - Can't show that in 25 mins at the end of a game where you've switched to a random, no-one knows what's going on formation though

He might be that remains to be seen but from what I've seen towards the back end of last season and glimpses of this is that he looks like he's lost a yard. With that said hes comfortabley more mobile than the other midfielders and I do think should currently starting. However i still think we could do with another mobile midfielder in the squad as we are chronically lacking it right now. Either an attacking midfielder if the plan is 433 or a slightly more defensive midfielder if the plan is 4231 (somebody who can buzz around making tackles and then carry the ball forwards in possession).

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

He might be that remains to be seen but from what I've seen towards the back end of last season and glimpses of this is that he looks like he's lost a yard. 

He's never been lightning quick - He's just more energetic/fitter than everyone else - And on Saturday we desperately needed that

It come as no surprise to me that the only season he's been given a free box-to-box role was the season he banged a load of goals in - Since then he's been asked to sit deeper and not play his natural game

Something is just wrong with the players and squad as pundits have been saying. I thought we'd be mid table before the season started. No matter what we do we don't create chances. Haven't done for a cover a season really. Martin is not the answer up front either. Think we need a few transfer windows to sort this out. 

31 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

He might be that remains to be seen but from what I've seen towards the back end of last season and glimpses of this is that he looks like he's lost a yard. With that said hes comfortabley more mobile than the other midfielders and I do think should currently starting. However i still think we could do with another mobile midfielder in the squad as we are chronically lacking it right now. Either an attacking midfielder if the plan is 433 or a slightly more defensive midfielder if the plan is 4231 (somebody who can buzz around making tackles and then carry the ball forwards in possession).

Brady your spot on we need a buzzer in midfield were so static in there I would even forgo another striker signing to get the midfield right Would be a lot cheaper than buying a striker we have enough of those if they get the right service 

22 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Poster elsewhere says Bryson is carrying an injury and cannot be played for 90 mins........ hence his brief appearances at the end of a game.

For me Bryson has always been the sort of player that takes time to get back up to match fitness and needs to start 3 or 4 games in a row before he picks up rhythm and match sharpness.  Consistently injured or dropped over the last two seasons I suspect that is why we've not seen the best of him.  He'll start tonight but suspect won't be at the level fans want just yet - give him a run of games.

16 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Suspect Arsenal want too much as it stands.

I suspect that will change as we get closer to the end of the window, Wenger needs to sell or move some on. If we offer a deal that gets him off their books, patience will see us through.

30 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

For me Bryson has always been the sort of player that takes time to get back up to match fitness and needs to start 3 or 4 games in a row before he picks up rhythm and match sharpness.  Consistently injured or dropped over the last two seasons I suspect that is why we've not seen the best of him.  He'll start tonight but suspect won't be at the level fans want just yet - give him a run of games.

They were saying at the weekend that he has an ankle problem which is restricting him - hard to see that a run of games is likely to help with that - and can we afford to give him the time if the team not picking up results?

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I still think if Toral was our main target we would have signed him by now, I think he is our backup option to Jota

He can't be a back up option to jota as they both don't play in the same position, toral is a number 10, jota is a winger 

Just now, Waffle said:

I'd imagine some la liga teams would be interested in him. Granada fans seem to rate him online.

Must be that, if Arsenal had no other interest they wouldn't be in a strong position to not negotiate, unless of course the incredibly unlikely prospect of him starting for them.

Archived