Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does he do that Butterfield doesn't? Butterfield's tape is far better and that's not just because he scores screamers, I think his range of passing better and he looked far more influential at 10 than Toral did.

Sure he's a decent player but I'm not sure I'd be trying to sign him when I think we have better or just as good. Couldn't play in a two with Huddlestone/Thorne either, that would be almost as slow as playing Thorne and Huddlestone together.

Just now, McLovin said:

I'm not surprised at this. He's similar to Jota, who appears to be out of our range.

Sorry, but he's nothing like Jota. He's not got major pace, he's skillful and can score goals. He's more of a Hughes replacement than Ince. 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Sorry, but he's nothing like Jota. He's not got major pace, he's skillful and can score goals. He's more of a Hughes replacement than Ince. 

So he's like Jota then, if you think Jota is quick then you clearly haven't watched him. Both rely heavily on their technical ability. Neither have a burst of speed. That's one of the reasons Jota didn't do too well in La Liga, because he was playing against players of higher technical ability to himself and didn't have the speed or power to counteract opposition player. In the championship meanwhile he is head and shoulders above most players in this league technically.

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

What does he do that Butterfield doesn't? Butterfield's tape is far better and that's not just because he scores screamers, I think his range of passing better and he looked far more influential at 10 than Toral did.

Sure he's a decent player but I'm not sure I'd be trying to sign him when I think we have better or just as good. Couldn't play in a two with Huddlestone/Thorne either, that would be almost as slow a season playing Thorne and Huddlestone together.

That's a fair question, now I am not backer of Butterfield because he leaves me more disappointed than anything but I have not seen enough of Toral to be able to make a fair judgment but I would have to trust Rowett on this.

He is a number 10. He will sit behind the likes of martin and Nuge to link the play. He seems much more the attacking type than JB.

He is pretty tall as well if i recall. Looked great for Brum didn't he score against us when he was playing for them?

I am all for it. About time we made use of the loan market. 

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

I have just noticed that this is a link by Pat Murphy. The same Pat Murphy who said Lansbury was about to sign for us but then 2 days later changed his tweet to Villa signing him. 

He is usually bang on with his information and villa moved in with more money on the Lansbury deal and nicked it for better or worse.

Archived