Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

14 hours ago, Andicis said:

Odd, unless there is other interest in him.

Not odd if Wenger is saying (say) £5m take it all leave it, and Rowett only wants to pay (say) £2m. I should imagine that is more likely the scenario that Pat Murphy is referring to as to Arsenal not negotiating. If we are interested l suspect this is one that will go to the last few days.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wondering if Toral is a player that we need at the minute, we have a pretty stacked squad as it is. Do we really need another player that is still a gamble at this level , never really nailed down a starting place wherever he has been and the price seems to keep going up and up.

11 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Do we really need another player that is still a gamble at this level , never really nailed down a starting place wherever he has been and the price seems to keep going up and up.

4300incif3639391.jpg

A gamble at this level, you're saying?

He has played 70 matches, scoring 14 goals and assisting 6 goals in the Championship.

He also won Birmingham City Supporter’s Player of the Season award, Player’s Player of the Season award and Young Player of the Season award during 2015/16 campaign.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2016/jon-toral-nets-a-hat-trick-at-end-of-season-awards/

It's hardly a gamble, I'd say.

3 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

4300incif3639391.jpg

A gamble at this level, you're saying?

He has played 70 matches, scoring 14 goals and assisting 6 goals in the Championship.

He also won Birmingham City Supporter’s Player of the Season award, Player’s Player of the Season award and Young Player of the Season award during 2015/16 campaign.

https://www.bcfc.com/news/articles/2016/jon-toral-nets-a-hat-trick-at-end-of-season-awards/

It's hardly a gamble, I'd say.

I see where you are coming from.

But is this just another case of us getting a player in based on form from one season? Look where that got us with certain other signings. Not to mention any names.

9 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

If people argue Bryson isn't good anymore because he hasn't shown the 13/14 form then quoting a good season 2 years ago isn't evidence

5 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

But is this just another case of us getting a player in based on form from one season? Look where that got us with certain other signings. Not to mention any names.

Tom Lawrence? :)

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Would be surprised to see us go for Toral after Vydra's performance last night. They both play in that number 10 role very well. 

I think Toral would be a good option for us. He can also play deep and has been used on the wings in the past.

A bit more ability on the ball and some flair would do this side some good. Rowett knows what he can do, so I'd back him to be a success if he wants him.

1 minute ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I think Toral would be a good option for us. He can also play deep and has been used on the wings in the past.

A bit more ability on the ball and some flair would do this side some good. Rowett knows what he can do, so I'd back him to be a success if he wants him.

Outrageous thing for a Derby fan to say. Wash your mouth out.

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If people argue Bryson isn't good anymore because he hasn't shown the 13/14 form then quoting a good season 2 years ago isn't evidence

You've got a reason, but Jon Toral is only 22 years old and Craig Bryson is 30 years old. The year of the production and the mileage are the things you are looking at when buying a used car.

36 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

But is this just another case of us getting a player in based on form from one season? 

He actually already performed for several seasons with various degrees of success by playing in different leagues at different levels in different positions at the pitch. It's something which should be regarded upon.

33 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

You've got a reason, but Jon Toral is only 22 years old and Craig Bryson is 30 years old. The year of the production and the mileage are the things you are looking at when buying a used car.

I'm pro-Toral BTW - Trained at Barcelona and Arsenal - Doesn't seem to be ready to step up into the Arsenal squad - Exactly the kind of player I've been advocating we go after

Also can't be bothered to keep up the Bryson defence in yet another thead (He's barely had any game time!!!) 

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm pro-Toral BTW - Trained at Barcelona and Arsenal - Doesn't seem to be ready to step up into the Arsenal squad - Exactly the kind of player I've been advocating we go after

Also can't be bothered to keep up the Bryson defence in yet another thead (He's barely had any game time!!!) 

Bryson was unlucky last night as if we'd stick to the same formation he'd of been a shoe-in. Did well sat and last night when he came on. I don't know whether that says more about him or the performance. 

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Bryson was unlucky last night as if we'd stick to the same formation he'd of been a shoe-in. Did well sat and last night when he came on. I don't know whether that says more about him or the performance. 

Did he? Didn't do anything?

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Bit of both

I wouldn't play him in a 4-2-3-1 but he'd be first on the teamsheet in a 4-3-3 for me

The fact Pat Murphy suggested Derby have tried to negotiate indicates he's a player we could be interested in. Rowett obviously isn't set to one formation and would probably consider 2 up front ie Vydra and Nugent with someone (Toral) sat behind and Lawrence on the wing. Lawrence can also play this number ten role however I think he's going to be utilised on the left with the more defensive Forsyth behind him. 

Archived