Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Not odd if Wenger is saying (say) £5m take it all leave it, and Rowett only wants to pay (say) £2m. I should imagine that is more likely the scenario that Pat Murphy is referring to as to Arsenal not negotiating. If we are interested l suspect this is one that will go to the last few days.

But surely in the instance that nobody else is interested, Wenger is in no position to ask 5 million, otherwise he will just rot in their reserves, and so it'd be a waste. They're not in an overly strong negotiating position in that front, but with competition he could reasonable expect to get more than Derby intend to pay.

23 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But surely in the instance that nobody else is interested, Wenger is in no position to ask 5 million, otherwise he will just rot in their reserves, and so it'd be a waste. They're not in an overly strong negotiating position in that front, but with competition he could reasonable expect to get more than Derby intend to pay.

As the manager of the club who owns his contract he is in the exact position to ask for whatever he wants to

Whether anyone would offer it is another question entirely

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

As the manager of the club who owns his contract he is in the exact position to ask for whatever he wants to

Whether anyone would offer it is another question entirely

Agree, however he can ask for what he likes. If nobody will pay it however, he's wasting his breath. You are correct in that respect, however I feel like Arsenal are under pressure to sell, otherwise they're left with an unhappy player, and losing out on money they could have potentially earned. 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Agree, however he can ask for what he likes. If nobody will pay it however, he's wasting his breath. You are correct in that respect, however I feel like Arsenal are under pressure to sell, otherwise they're left with an unhappy player, and losing out on money they could have potentially earned. 

That's pure speculation - He may well be sitting there saying "I don't want to go to Derby thanks - Would rather have another year out on loan somewhere and see if I can break into the Arsenal team later"

Just now, cheron85 said:

That's pure speculation - He may well be sitting there saying "I don't want to go to Derby thanks - Would rather have another year out on loan somewhere and see if I can break into the Arsenal team later"

Fair enough. I mean that in any sense, a player left to rot in reserves would be unhappy unless they were a total mercenary, you are correct though I have no idea in this case.  You'd think though, aged 22 with 4 loans, some a success, others not, he'd be ready to make a permanent move by now, as it's incredibly unlikely he'll even make an Arsenal bench. 

3 hours ago, Andicis said:

Fair enough. I mean that in any sense, a player left to rot in reserves would be unhappy unless they were a total mercenary, you are correct though I have no idea in this case.  You'd think though, aged 22 with 4 loans, some a success, others not, he'd be ready to make a permanent move by now, as it's incredibly unlikely he'll even make an Arsenal bench. 

Thing is, Toral has spoken highly of Rowett in the past. If he was going to leave Arsenal, I speculate he would be interested in a decent sized club playing in a division he knows a bit about with a manager who can get him playing good football he enjoys.

I agree with @i-Ram in that it's likely Arsenal are asking for a bigger fee than we want to pay. Arsenal need a clear out before the window is shut, and a player who is not likely to see the field for their first team is exactly the sort of player they will want to move on. Patience will mean we could well get him for a tidy low sum near to the end of the window

33 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

On the other hand we could have the  best looking midfield in the league

My gay friend from the states looked over the team's profile images and has Bradley Johnson at the top. Kelle Roos up there too. He asked if Craig Bryson is even human, and was surprised to hear Carson isn't over 40.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

My gay friend from the states looked over the team's profile images and has Bradley Johnson at the top. Kelle Roos up there too. He asked if Craig Bryson is even human, and was surprised to hear Carson isn't over 40.

Yeh I've heard nice things said about Bradders too - So that's the midfield sorted then

And yes - Carson with beard is an old looking man

Poor Bryson - Did you point out he's Scottish?

Archived