Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

50 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

We had this debate before in this thread. According to transfermarkt he's played 2 games in his entire career as a defensive midfielder, and 21 as a normal central midfielder. Its also ridiculous to use his time at Rangers as a gauge as to where he's going to play when he didn't even play 10 league games for them, and by all accounts he played badly for them .

For Derby he's coming in to play out wide or down the Middle in the 3 in a 4-2-3-1. That's where he's played in the championship, and that's where Rowett played him at Birmingham. Literally no clue why people think he's going to play far deeper.

Looking at the stats now, Brentford used him out wide more where as Gary used him centrally far more.

How can you be so sure and know exactly in which role and in which position in the team he is going to play if he eventually comes to Derby?

I personally don't know, I am just assuming.

I have showed you clearly with the statistics that his most recent performances (last season) were while playing in the deeper role and not in the advanced role like you are suggesting.

I am not Gary Rowett and neither are you. Definitely.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, EnigmaRam said:

When I look at that I think, wow, grant, warnock, Camara. Then I see Blackman get a shot on target ?

You blew it for me when you said he was like Butterfield though. Seriously don't want him now!

Haha, When I rewatched it and saw Blackman got a shot on target it was one of those wow that really happened moments.

2 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

How can you be so sure and know exactly in which role and in which position in the team he is going to play if he eventually comes to Derby?

I have showed you clearly with the statistics that his most recent performances (last season) were while playing in the deeper role and not in the advanced role like you are suggesting.

I just posted a video of Toral playing for Birmingham under Rowett. You can't get a bigger indicator than that.

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

On the basis of those highlights forget Toral, it's Kieftenbeld we should be after.

Two very different players. Kieftenbeld is a Thorne/Huddlestone kind of player. Toral is a Butterfield kind of player. 

13 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Two very different players. Kieftenbeld is a Thorne/Huddlestone kind of player. Toral is a Butterfield kind of player. 

I wish everyone would stop likening toral to Butterfield, it's really putting me off!!

4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I wish everyone would stop likening toral to Butterfield, it's really putting me off!!

I've been reading too many USA political threads. I now think of Butters as 'Butteremails'.

1 hour ago, lioncoeur said:

Its quite simple how i know what role he will play at Derby. A quick look on transfermarkt, generally the best website I'm aware of for performance data and analytics, will show you that under Rowett at Brum Toral played 29 games as an attacking midfielder, 6 on the wing, 1 as a secondary striker and 1 in central midfield. If we look at his other spell in the championship at Brentford, you can see he played 26 on the flanks, 4 in attacking midfield and 4 in central midfield. These were by far Toral's most successful loans, and the only loans in our league. His success in this division has come in advanced positions. After Rowett's comments about wanting "more attacking options", why would he sign a player whom he has worked with before - playing him in an attacking role - to then play him out of position. 

You our right in pointing out he played deeper in his recent loan spells at times. But he only played 15 games in total for Rangers and 6 in total for Granada. Read any Rangers forum, they slated him. I don't know much Spanish but 6 appearance suggests to me he didn't play well in Spain either. Thats how i know Rowett will be using him in an advanced role. Why would he sign someone who he has previously played in the same positions as those Rowett has said he wants to strengthen, and then not play him there. 

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Seems to be an attacking centre mid to me, similar role to Butterfield here. Gave us the run around that day, hit the bar as well:

Just had a bit of a research. Birmingham played 4-2-3-1 that day and Toral started on the left on the 3. Judging by the clips that three was very fluid, he drifted wide and down the middle. I know Butterfield did play in the middle of the 3 a couple of times for us towards the end of last season, but thats not really his Jacob's position. Toral seems to be a more advanced player than Butterfield. Plays a bit like Mata when he was at Chelsea, or Santi Cazorla when he used to get games. 

On 31 July 2017 at 14:06, tomsdubs said:

Seems to be an attacking centre mid to me, similar role to Butterfield here. Gave us the run around that day, hit the bar as well:

Oh dear. That second goal.

i'd almost forgotten how bad Lee Grant was.

thank god we've got Carson.

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The Lee Grant that won Stoke's Player of the Season award??

They obviously judge him by different standards compared to some of Derby's 'supporters'.

There are boneheads on Facebook who reckon that the reason we only drew at Sunderland was the fact that Keogh played.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The Lee Grant that won Stoke's Player of the Season award??

Yes. Explain that second goal.

pants.

Archived