Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

£7m too much in my opinion so walk away.

I understand he's got potential but 1 decent season at Ipswich doesn't warrant that.

We pay more than that and we're setting him up for a fall here. If he has an average season like Johnson/Butterfield have had then everyone will be on his back! 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If they're turning down £7m, to me that suggests one of two things:

- New contract
- Waiting an offer from Brighton

Shakespeare played him in the friendlies and spoke well of him, I proposed they might want to keep him and was told they were just gaming us. I reckon Shakespeare likes him and they will offer him a new contract.

Will wait for information from @SuperDerbySuperRams before entering meltdown mode.

Best case scenario: Rejected because of the structure of the deal and we pay more cash up front to agree the deal.

Worst case scenarios: They want to keep him/He doesn't want to come/He wants to go to Brighton/They want a ridiculous amount. 

You have to remember that transfers aren't all paid up front, they usually have a large amount of different clauses, instalments etc. I'm guessing that we will going in for him again, with maybe more value but payments that will benefit Leicester more, more money up front or something along those lines. This deal will be vital for us, as we clearly lack that firepower that we vitally need, and unless we look into the foreign market, there isn't many other if any other players that can provide that in england besides Lawrence. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sounds like a fair price to me, if they are going to play silly buggers move on.

They're doing that with Roma for Mahrez. 

The transfer market really is going mental. 

I really rate him a lot but come on, he's 23 not 19/20, he's had one good season (9 goals, not quite the production of Knockeart or Ince) and only has one year left on his contract.

We don't know all the details, but going off what we know of other transfers the total price shouldn't be above 7 million. Can only assume it's something to do with how it's being paid, add-on's etc.

Hopefully Brighton's interest isn't too serious, otherwise we could end up paying over the odds or losing him.

1 minute ago, Papahet said:

Leicester strike again.

Havent forgiven them for having our pants down with Howard and Oakley. Why can't they flat out say "he's not for sale"? Player needs games and I'd imagine security with a year remaining 

and messed us about with Waghorn for ages. 5hithouses to deal with.

3 minutes ago, HAZ said:

Will wait for information from @SuperDerbySuperRams before entering meltdown mode.

Best case scenario: Rejected because of the structure of the deal and we pay more cash up front to agree the deal.

Worst case scenarios: They want to keep him/He doesn't want to come/He wants to go to Brighton/They want a ridiculous amount. 

@MACKWORTHRAM @SuperDerbySuperRams Il wait for these guys too

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

You have to remember that transfers aren't all paid up front, they usually have a large amount of different clauses, instalments etc. I'm guessing that we will going in for him again, with maybe more value but payments that will benefit Leicester more, more money up front or something along those lines.

Exactly.

First bids are usually rejected, but "£7m" can mean all sorts of variants ranging from £7m cash to £0m + £7m in clauses.

No need for a meltdown guys.

Archived