Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

25 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Can't be good for us. 

Leicester are still very active in the transfer market, they're currently chasing a £20m French defender along with Ianacho (sp?).  If they were to sell Mahrez and/or Gray they'll be straight off out to buy another player not promoting Lawrence. I think Shakespeare will be happy to move a few on and get his own squad together.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rample said:

Leicester are still very active in the transfer market, they're currently chasing a £20m French defender along with Ianacho (sp?).  If they were to sell Mahrez and/or Gray they'll be straight off out to buy another player not promoting Lawrence. I think Shakespeare will be happy to move a few on and get his own squad together.

Iheanacho. 

Will standout performer Lawrence be given a chance?

Of the 23 players to feature for City on Friday and Saturday, Tom Lawrence was the standout performer.

One of the few highlights of a drab goalless draw at MK Dons on Friday, Lawrence set up counter-attacks with good anticipation and a sharp first touch, dribbled with intent and tight control, produced teasing deliveries and showed intelligent decision-making.

Despite this, and despite 11 goals and 11 assists in 36 appearances for Ipswich last season, there is a sense that he still needs to prove his quality to the management at City.

Craig Shakespeare merely says he is “having a look” at the 23-year-old, and with one year left on his contract, it is no surprise Brighton and Derby are sniffing around.

Lawrence’s opportunities at City have so far been limited to four appearances, three as a substitute (of which one was as a right wing-back). It would seem wasteful to deny him a proper chance at the King Power.

But, in Demarai Gray, City have a slightly younger, more viscerally exciting, right-footed left winger with a higher ceiling to his ability, and that may play against Lawrence.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-lawrences-leicester-city-future-254818

Sounds like the sort of player we need. Fingers crossed we can get it over the line.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Any update on this?

Not yet. If there is any update I'm sure some of us would let you know or maybe take a look when get a chance. ?

Can't see us getting him especially if Gray and Mahrez leave otherwise they would be letting 3 wingers go. Also, Shakespeare worked under Pearson who happened to work under the sam allardyce coaching philosophy  of giving British players(especially young players) a chance so can't see them selling 2 young British players when Shakespeare said that British players need more of a chance in the premier league. 

Shakespeare and Tony Pulis were talking together during the Asia trophy to discuss the premier league forthcoming season for sky sports and seemingly went full hard brexit by suggesting that footballers in the premier league should be British.

2 hours ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I understand information is tight around the club this season (probably for the best I think) but based on what you've heard, what is your gut feeling on who we will likely see come in before the end of August? 

If you haven't heard anything beyond the usual  forum chat or if you've been sworn to silence, that's fine, no worries. Just thought I'd ask is all? 

I think we'll get Lawrence. Someone's obviously encouraging us, why else would we still be trying circa a month later. Was also the player keen. Then I think 1 more will come in too

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think we'll get Lawrence. Someone's obviously encouraging us, why else would we still be trying circa a month later. Was also the player keen. Then I think 1 more will come in too

You think - Or you "think"?

:D

52 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Anything sub 10m and it's just a no brainer.  So much potential, with good coaching he'll 100% increase in value. I'm amazed there is no concrete offers from recently promoted teams, as he'd be future proofed for their impending relegations. 

4 hours ago, robglosta said:

Anything sub 10m and it's just a no brainer.  So much potential, with good coaching he'll 100% increase in value. I'm amazed there is no concrete offers from recently promoted teams, as he'd be future proofed for their impending relegations. 

Nonsense - potential gets you nothing.

See: Lee Morris.

On 7/30/2017 at 15:24, sage said:

Vydra isn't creative he has pace and feeds of a target man. He is no more than average at dribbling and passing. He is a finisher not a creator. 

correct. He needs to link with the wardrobe...that's his chance of re-discovering his niche.

6 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Someone said Nicholson said there's two other players we're looking at that nobody's mentioned.

Gabby agbonlahor and callum mcmanaman

Archived