Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

"We are still on our list of number ones when it comes to targets and we want to stay on that until those players go elsewhere."

So we haven't missed out on any targets, I would assume Lawrence + Jota are our no.1 targets?

Who knows eh... Just don't want to go down to deadline day though. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the pollsters I've seen recently saying, we've messed about and missed out. Seems that's not the case at all, GR says we've got bids in for players, independent journos saying we're being made to wait. Think we as fans need to take a step back some times and chill out, I'd be more worried if we panic bought and ended up with more average players for big money. The transfer stated by has been so much more thought out this season it's refreshing to see. 

Regardless of what some fans think, our players aren't half as bad as some make out. If we miss out on our number one targets you have to wonder wether our second and third choice players are actually going to be that much better than what we have.

Looks like this Brighton interest is legit then, no idea why Leicester are ballsing around has he's not going to realistically be a first team regular.

Either offer him a new deal or let him play football elsewhere. Stubborn fookers

Can't imagine he's impressed, season starting with two clubs interested and they haven't offered him a new contract or accepted a bid. Struggling to see what the issue is at Leicester's end. They could easily upgrade on him with the money they have. 

24 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Can't imagine he's impressed, season starting with two clubs interested and they haven't offered him a new contract or accepted a bid. Struggling to see what the issue is at Leicester's end. They could easily upgrade on him with the money they have. 

I think it could be a case of them wanting to start a bidding war and get as much money as possible.

Just a thought, is Shakespeare big mates with Pearson ? Could it be an anybody but Derby situation with Lawrence ?

You don't have to reply to tell me how daft that sounds, I just got wondering when @tomsdubs wrote he was struggling to see what the issue is at Leicester's end.

I have got my tin hat on so slate away. :)

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

"We are still on our list of number ones when it comes to targets and we want to stay on that until those players go elsewhere."

Hardly the most positive statement, that reads that the players will be going elsewhere. Pedantically it would have been more appropriate to say if our targets go elsewhere or we refuse to pay the club's valuation of those targets.  

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

I think they want to sign that Kelechi Iheanacho from Man City first and I saw Guardiola's quote earlier that said it'd happen this week.I'd expect Lawrence here soon after that.

Surely a problem with the interest from Brighton, would be that Brighton are Leicester's direct competition. Leicester would probably prefer not to strengthen a rival, so provided Derby bid more than Brighton, I'd imagine he would end up here, out of preference from Leicester, he also wouldn't have to move far.

10 minutes ago, Topram said:

Surely if Rowett says players before Friday we can't be a million miles off

Fingers crossed eh. 

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

Surely if Rowett says players before Friday we can't be a million miles off

Lawrence and someone else (not Toral though) then we'll see from there. 

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Lawrence and someone else (not Toral though) then we'll see from there. 

You'd hope so! I think if we get a guy who will run at Sunderland we can easily beat them come Friday just a new fresh face 

Archived