Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

You'd hope so! I think if we get a guy who will run at Sunderland we can easily beat them come Friday just a new fresh face 

Mate, nothing to worry about Sunderland at all. But yeah I do see your point coming from though. Need to do that for 46 games. ?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

Steve Nicholson of the DET says there are two other players in the frame "that no one else has mentioned yet! What a tease ?

Arfield ?

Maybe striker? 

Steve is very good at teasing to the fans lol. ???

8 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Nakhi wells hasn't been mentioned for awhile

Reading want him and no thanks. Not for £10m (no way) 

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

That's because this is a thread about Tom Lawrence, not a striker.

Woah woah woah relax children!

I was responding to Rcarso about 2 players that haven't been mentioned yet from Steve Nicholson. Not suggesting that we should buy him. I would have put it in the suggestion thread if so.

i mean come on, who the hell would want someone that's scored double figures 6 years on the trot.

2 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Hardly the most positive statement, that reads that the players will be going elsewhere. Pedantically it would have been more appropriate to say if our targets go elsewhere or we refuse to pay the club's valuation of those targets.  

No it doesn't - it means they could be going elsewhere. The pessimism on this site is unbelievable at times.

10 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Woah woah woah relax children!

I was responding to Rcarso about 2 players that haven't been mentioned yet from Steve Nicholson. Not suggesting that we should buy him. I would have put it in the suggestion thread if so.

i mean come on, who the hell would want someone that's scored double figures 6 years on the trot.

Nibble Nibble.

Just assessing the "wanting to buy players to make Derby top 2 contenders by Friday" comment. 

I'd say at the moment we are looking at fringes of the play offs, 10-6th ish. Add Lawrence and I think that pushes us up to a more confident sixth maybe 5th. I know that's a lot of difference from one player but we really lack creativity from out wide, he'd come in and be our first choice winger. 

From our list of rumoured targets, I think it'd take Lawrence, Jota and Matty James in, or 3 players if that ilk in those positions, to make us top 2 contenders. Can't see 3 big signings like that happening, given Rowetts comments regarding fees and the fact we'd need to ship a few out to raise funds and make room. It's a shame, I think that's the sort of ambition any Derby manager should have in the transfer market. 

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Just a thought, is Shakespeare big mates with Pearson ? Could it be an anybody but Derby situation with Lawrence ?

You don't have to reply to tell me how daft that sounds, I just got wondering when @tomsdubs wrote he was struggling to see what the issue is at Leicester's end.

I have got my tin hat on so slate away:)

I can't believe no one has slated you yet. That's not the forum way. Apologies chap.

Your hair looks stupid under that tin hat. How's that?

Archived