Ince's Replacement

sage

Ince's replacement  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Can we? Have you not been following various threads about concerns with making sure we comply with FFP?

So if Spanish club X (or any other club) bid £12m for him we would top that would we? Good signing though he would be - we wouldn't!

This isn't Football Manager - it's reality.

What Spanish club is going to bid £12m for a player with 1 year on their contract left? The only teams that would outbid us are relegation battling PL teams, such as Newcastle. But in my view they want proven PL property. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Can we? Have you not been following various threads about concerns with making sure we comply with FFP?

So if Spanish club X (or any other club) bid £12m for him we would top that would we? Good signing though he would be - we wouldn't!

Spanish clubs aren't generally wealthy, obviously ignoring the main two. Even atletico don't spend much, which I'd put down to them just not having the income to splash out. Atletico have spent much less than the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham etc, not to say that they're not a very good team, they just can't compete with English club wages and transfer fees. 

1 hour ago, RamBamFan said:

Apparently FFP isn't a concern according to the club. I'm not sure whether I believe them or not, but one way to show it's not would be to splash out on Jota!

It's a concern that they don't fall foul of it - as per Rowetts' interview a couple of weeks ago.

I really enjoyed Ince's time here, but I don't think we need someone as good as or better than Ince - it would be nice sure and I don't think its the impossible task some are making it out to be - but what we need is a more balanced player than Ince. I think that would improve us overall, with the central attacking options we have.

I do think Vydra will be far more competent in the same team as Martin, if he ever gets the chance, and Martin + Nugent are both very intelligent players who can get people in behind or space in the box quite regularly.

When chances are high in number the need for someone with a magic touch lessens.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I really enjoyed Ince's time here, but I don't think we need someone as good as or better than Ince - it would be nice sure and I don't think its the impossible task some are making it out to be - but what we need is a more balanced player than Ince. I think that would improve us overall, with the central attacking options we have.

I do think Vydra will be far more competent in the same team as Martin, if he ever gets the chance, and Martin + Nugent are both very intelligent players who can get people in behind or space in the box quite regularly.

When chances are high in number the need for someone with a magic touch lessens.

That is a really good point but part of a game for me is a moment of magic. I am sure we won't get Ibe or similar as I reckon GR is going to build a side based on your suggestions but flying wingers running at defences make Saturday's enjoyable. I still remember Ibe's debut .. Yes he ran in to traffic and didn't make decisions but he had pace and critically CHANGE of pace along with that drop of shoulder that only the best best wingers have. In some ways more of a defenders worst dream than Tom Ince 

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I agree that we don't need someone necessarily as good as Ince. I think what we do need is two players one for either wing who are both better than the current crop of wide players.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

That is a really good point but part of a game for me is a moment of magic. I am sure we won't get Ibe or similar as I reckon GR is going to build a side based on your suggestions but flying wingers running at defences make Saturday's enjoyable. I still remember Ibe's debut .. Yes he ran in to traffic and didn't make decisions but he had pace and critically CHANGE of pace along with that drop of shoulder that only the best best wingers have. In some ways more of a defenders worst dream than Tom Ince 

I'd be a little disappointed if we didn't bring in a wide forward who was a real 'game changer', somebody who can just create something from nothing. I always feel you benefit from having one in the squad and we will lack that element if Ince goes. 

Like most people I would like a biggish name signing to get excited over but there's a bit of me also that kind of wants to see rowett signing prospects or names we have to look up also players that perhaps we don't feel have set the world alight elsewhere but put in the right team with the right coaching really raises his level and looks a different player ,,,

really that's the Derby way mel was speaking of (for me) , a manager that improves players and brings our own youth on too,

clement , Pearson and Mac have looked for the obvious and overpaid for them and look where that's got us ?

takes a good manager to do that though ,, I hope rowett is the one 

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

To be fair, he's had nearly a full season of Spanish top flight football last year, from January to January, and only managed 19 apps with no goals.

Hardly likely to be inundated with offers from La Liga with that record, albeit for a small team punching above their weight.

5 hours ago, RamBamFan said:

Apparently FFP isn't a concern according to the club. I'm not sure whether I believe them or not, but one way to show it's not would be to splash out on Jota!

Just out of interest when was the last time the club said FFP 'isn't a concern'?

Any links to the article please?

43 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest when was the last time the club said FFP 'isn't a concern'?

Any links to the article please?

I'm only repeating what people have said on the forum. I haven't seen these quotes myself.

Just now, RamBamFan said:

I'm only repeating what people have said on the forum. I haven't seen these quotes myself.

See I think it's a case of Chinese whispers.

2 seasons ago maybe we were told something along them lines, it doesn't mean that point stands forever.

And I am sure the official line would have been that we are operating within FFP guidelines, not that it is of no concern.

1 hour ago, DesertRam said:

Judge, Jotta, Ritchie, Sako  any of these, if not i'd be happy with Cotterill tbh

Fair play DR, each to their own. 

I'd absolutely lose my s**t if we replaced Tom Ince with David Cotterill. 

Archived