Ince's Replacement

sage

Ince's replacement  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Fair play DR, each to their own. 

I'd absolutely lose my s**t if we replaced Tom Ince with David Cotterill. 

Not sure if that means you like him or not. This coprophilliac effect could happen either way. :o

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Early days still. But I'd like to be reassured that one or two of our existing stock are definitely NOT seen as replacements by seeing them depart.

Absolutely. The silence from the club regarding replacements is deafening.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Early days still. But I'd like to be reassured that one or two of our existing stock are definitely NOT seen as replacements by seeing them depart.

The problem is, that existing stock are sitting on fat wages, they don't want to give up.  Therefore they're not going anywhere, unless it's on loan, where we're paying the majority of their wages...

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The problem is, that existing stock are sitting on fat wages, they don't want to give up.  Therefore they're not going anywhere, unless it's on loan, where we're paying the majority of their wages...

I'm sure you're right. But even a couple of exploratory nibbles might create a bit more optimism. Bent to Turkey type things. Even if they don't come off it shows SOMEONE might be interested .

35 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I'm sure you're right. But even a couple of exploratory nibbles might create a bit more optimism. Bent to Turkey type things. Even if they don't come off it shows SOMEONE might be interested .

Now that's just wishful thinking!

2 hours ago, admira said:

Absolutely. The silence from the club regarding replacements is deafening.

What were you expecting, exactly? Rowett has already said that we are looking to bring in more "attacking options", and he was quite clear that, should Ince go, the club would look to bring in a "very very high quality replacement." Other than literally stating the names of the players we're targeting, which would be disastrous for our transfer policy, what more do you want?

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What were you expecting, exactly? Rowett has already said that we are looking to bring in more "attacking options", and he was quite clear that, should Ince go, the club would look to bring in a "very very high quality replacement." Other than literally stating the names of the players we're targeting, which would be disastrous for our transfer policy, what more do you want?

Have to agree with this. I really don't mind silence at all, especially since as you said Rowett as mentioned intentions to bring in someone of very high quality. As long as someone of this level is brought in before the start of the season, I don't mind, I'm just concerned with the lack of players being linked that there's any action going on.

4 minutes ago, Jawa said:

Have to agree with this. I really don't mind silence at all, especially since as you said Rowett as mentioned intentions to bring in someone of very high quality. As long as someone of this level is brought in before the start of the season, I don't mind, I'm just concerned with the lack of players being linked that there's any action going on.

We're better off just letting them get on with it, and enjoy the speculation as it inevitably grows. I can't wait to see who Rowett brings in, and seeing as he has stated previously that we wanted most of the new signings in place before the Kaiserslauten game (22nd), then it could be a very busy few weeks ahead!

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

We're better off just letting them get on with it, and enjoy the speculation as it inevitably grows. I can't wait to see who Rowett brings in, and seeing as he has stated previously that we wanted most of the new signings in place before the Kaiserslauten game (22nd), then it could be a very busy few weeks ahead!

I'd go with that, I don't think I've looked forward to a season this much since before the last Premier League season and if a big name signing or two gets brought in that's going to build it up even more, should be a great season ahead :)

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Really can't see Everton going in for him with the amount of money they're throwing around at the minute; And with regards to the other three clubs there's a high chance at least 2 of them are going to be fighting for relegation this season - Depends on his personal preference obviously but if we matched the wages being offered I still fancy our chances at landing him.

9 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

2 minutes ago, Jawa said:

Really can't see Everton going in for him with the amount of money they're throwing around at the minute; And with regards to the other three clubs there's a high chance at least 2 of them are going to be fighting for relegation this season - Depends on his personal preference obviously but if we matched the wages being offered I still fancy our chances at landing him.

My money would be on Burnley. They're in need of wingers after losing Boyd and Kightly. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

My money would be on Burnley. They're in need of wingers after losing Boyd and Kightly. 

True, think there's a lot more chance of Burnley going for him than any of the one's mentioned by Sky there, especially Everton. I think we'd have a chance of beating Newcastle and Huddersfield to him just because of their chances of going down, but if Burnley or West Ham went in I think they'd blow us out of the water just because of the money they'll be able to offer and better chances of staying up than Huddersfield or Newcastle IMO.

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Huddersfield or Newcastle.

If we matched the wages they offered I honestly still think we can land him, just because of their relegation chances this season when we could be going the other way.

Archived