Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Think that's just a copy of the title of the hitc article, which is a falsity because nowhere within the article does it state they're close to a deal, just preparing a bid

Dean Jones is pretty well respected, so I don't think it is. He quite often breaks the stories that HITC use.

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

If we let Hughes and Ince go for a combined £15m I'm having a refund on my season ticket and giving up on football. 

Definitely, I would want £25m for the two combined. Especially in this day and age, both young and English and potentially internationals. 

So the current England under 21 captain is worth £5m :blink:

Although i think Will is going this summer (due to Rowett not giving him much chance in the last 3 or 4 games and seemingly preferring Butterfield) but that fee is ridiculous and if we have turned down £7.2m for Ince we clearly don't need to accept it

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Surely if Mooy is worth £10m after just one season in the Championship then that should be the very least we are looking at for Will. Having said that it's the same when selling any asset, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay. 

Of course a player is worth what a buyer will pay, but the seller doesn't have to sell! In this case I do wish GR would say he's not for sale - even though we all know that every player has a price - which would at least stop this silliness.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

This suggests to me that we still owe Watford money for Anya and Vydra so they get Hughes on the cheap to wipe out the remaining costs?

I think this is the only theory, shows what a mess Pearson made.

Very bad if it's true, which I suspect it is.

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I do love silly season, the amount of knee jerk reactions and meltdowns on here based on nothing more than speculation  are hilarious. ???

It is sometimes more entertaining than the football season itself. 

Hardly a meltdown. Just opinions that it's a ridiculous fee touted about for both Ince and Hughes.

Just now, McLovin said:

What other explanation is there then? I know Rowett doesn't rate Hughes but selling him otherwise for only 5 million would be ridiculous. 

Raising funds by selling an asset that Rowett perhaps doesn't favour? We're not selling him to Watford because we "owe" money for other players :lol:

Archived