Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

I think the moaning is him wanting to win, you take that out of his game and he loses that edge, similar to what happened to Rooney, Fergie got him curb his temper and he lost something to his game.

That's fine but it has to be demoralising to be his teammate and have him a) flap at you when he doesn't get his way and b) not celebrate too eagerly with you when you score ... I'm speculating but I bet that plus the general walkabout stuff is why Pearson shipped him. He'd tried to pin the bad influence label on him ... 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

That's fine but it has to be demoralising to be his teammate and have him a) flap at you when he doesn't get his way and b) not celebrate too eagerly with you when you score ... I'm speculating but I bet that plus the general walkabout stuff is why Pearson shipped him. He'd tried to pin the bad influence label on him ... 

I am sure the players don't take it to heart if he moans at them.

On your second point, really?

Looks eager to me.

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Looks eager to me.

'Camara with a lovely through ball to Hughes who dinks it perfectly across the box...'

OH GOD WHAT HAVE WE DONE!

Never really minded Martin's moaning, if he's shouting at someone and then they score then he's the first one there to celebrate. I remember when Calero scored in the cup a few years ago, the ball kept coming to Calero on the edge of the box who kept trying to pass or take one touch too many before taking a shot. You could see Martin laying into him after the third or fourth time, two minutes later the ball comes again on the edge of the box and he scores. Sometimes someone moaning at you helps, even if it angers you

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

That's totally untrue. Who did I moan about selling? Will Hughes? Maybe I was positive about that player, although it was a good move for him personally.  Christie, Vydra Nugent Johnson Keogh Pearce Bryson Blackman Bennett Zanzala Lowe Fozzy Thorne - defended all of them - and pretty much all our players save 2 or 3. Thousands of positives. I'm only negative about players that don't help our cause, the bloated size of the squad, the lack of youth infusion, and the abandonment of our original Mel remit - things that Mel and Rowett themselves have pointed out as mistakes and things they are correcting.

Genuinely interested to know how any of Pearce, Christie, Bennett, Zanzala, Lowe or Vydra have 'helped the cause' any more than Butterfield?

37 minutes ago, rynny said:

Looks eager to me.

Not just one or two but if you watch over the course of several seasons he's been ridiculously enthusiastic over his own goals and not that fussed over others' - being one of the last to offer a celebratory grab, and you know that. But it's a lone strikers prerogative to be obsessed with his own goal scoring numbers, I guess. 

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Genuinely interested to know how any of Pearce, Christie, Bennett, Zanzala, Lowe or Vydra have 'helped the cause' any more than Butterfield?

None of those save Christie and Pearce - defenders - have been picked. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

So how come they have your support?

You said you are only negative about players that have not helped our cause?

You would rather give your support to players that have never even played for the team ahead of a player that has scored over 50 goals for us...it's bizarre.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Not just one or two but if you watch over the course of several seasons he's been ridiculously enthusiastic over his own goals and not that fussed over others' - being one of the last to offer a celebratory grab, and you know that. But it's a lone strikers prerogative to be obsessed with his own goal scoring numbers, I guess. 

It all depends on the goal and the importance and who scores it (how they celebtate) if he is involved he always gets involved, if it is a last minute winner he is in there, if the person who scores it always goes ott woth their celebration (Johnny, Bryson etc) then he does, if it is a third goal in a comfortable win by someone who doesn't go mental then hia celebration is a muted one.

11 hours ago, Ninos said:

I know fans will always have their favourites and conversely there'll be players they aren't keen on, but this with you and Butterfield is rather unhealthy to read. It's incessant. 

I never understood your perceived issues with Martin previously but once he left for Fulham you seemingly realigned your cross-hairs and made Jacob your new target. 

No amount of attempts at justifying your stance can hide the fact you're just coming across as spiteful and holding some kind of bizarre vendetta.

13 hours ago, Ninos said:

Watch one of the Ince supercuts - a player a lot of people say Martin has a problem with :huh: - and Martin goes and celebrates with him a lot.

Its also an absolutely barmy thing for a player to be criticised on.

On 03/07/2017 at 18:41, Derby blood said:

Come on fella, it's a new season soon, plenty to be happy about, Mr Rowett will sweat buckets for this club, and I believe he will be a success for us, his first two signings for us in Wisdom and Curtis are very good strong defenders, who can defend, this is one area we all wanted sorting out, Yes he has sold Will who I liked as a player, but if Will wanted to leave or Mr Rowett did not fancy him then it's best he moved him on, and the same for Ince another good player but if he wanted to go then fair  enough, I have plenty of faith in Gary bringing in another couple of good players, so come on fella let's all get behind the manager, players, and the owner, because a POSITIVE pride park can drive the players on, we have a good squad and with the correct changes to it , it could be great squad. Once a Ram always a Ram.

So reassuring to read a positive post without a negative vibe.Well done that man??I'm not reading any others today as it's a sunny day and I'm also optimistic.?

3 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Watford are signing Chalabah for 5m, so the price for Hughes seems about right now.

Watford are seemingly putting together a more English core then, which was needed as they didn't have many English players at all last season.

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Watford are seemingly putting together a more English core then, which was needed as they didn't have many English players at all last season.

Good for them. Also George Friend linked to them £8m. 

It still amazes me the blinkers some people display. Hughes. When was his last good season. How many goals. How many assists. Yes he is neat and tidy. But so was my Nan. No physical presence and can't head a ball to save his life. He has had enough time to develop over the years. I sincerely hope he does well. But the fees some blinkered people suggest are delusional. 

35 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

In no universe, seeing as Hughes was sold for £8m rising to £10.5m

Shhh. You can't point that kind of thing out, it plays havoc with the narrative and the ability, nay obsession, with making the same dubious and uncorroborated point about Will's fee at every opportunity.  

Archived