Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

PistoldPete2
31 minutes ago, Rample said:

Won't get much opportunity now they've signed Chalobah, reckon he'll be loaned out come January.

Much as I would like us to loan him back, I think they've signed him to play him.chalobah is good as well. They could play both or either. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hughes > Chalobah

Odd that Chalobah was selected ahead of Hughes for the U21s.

I don't disagree with you btw. Chalobah just confuses me. Athleticism and Strength are about his only attributes.

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

I don't disagree with you btw. Chalobah just confuses me. Athleticism and Strength are about his only attributes.

He was - In the games when the U21s were dreadful :D

Wasn't the correlation in the upturn in form directly related to Hughes being brought in? I choose to assume it was

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

He was - In the games when the U21s were dreadful :D

Wasn't the correlation in the upturn in form directly related to Hughes being brought in? I choose to assume it was

Pre-Tournament games I dont know cos I dont follow England youth much, but in the tournament,

Chalobah started all 3 of the group games in the U21 EUROs - Hughes made one Sub appearance, 3rd game, Chalobah got a knock at the end of the first half.

They both started the game against Germany.

56 minutes ago, Moist One said:

56 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Not that odd when you consider Boothroyd was in charge

But on the other hand, Chalobah must have something about him if he played at Napoli and was at Chelsea as long as he was. I can't really see one area where Chalobah particularly stands out in but for the under 21s he helped Hughes to play better. Hughes looks a bit lost in the under 21s without Chalobah. 

44 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pre-Tournament games I dont know cos I dont follow England youth much, but in the tournament,

Chalobah started all 3 of the group games in the U21 EUROs - Hughes made one Sub appearance, 3rd game, Chalobah got a knock at the end of the first half.

They both started the game against Germany.

Sure - If you want to apply LOGIC and REASONING to the situation then that's YOUR prerogative...

I'm a little disappointed in you if I'm honest...

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But on the other hand, Chalobah must have something about him if he played at Napoli 

5 games

Just now, cheron85 said:

Sure - If you want to apply LOGIC and REASONING to the situation then that's YOUR prerogative...

I'm a little disappointed in you if I'm honest...

5 games

And? They know a lot more than we do.

They still wanted him in the first place and the likes of Mertens said he is a top guy and top player. His lack of appearances for Napoli wasn't because they didn't rate him, it's because of off the field issues with his ill mother before she eventually passed away.

PistoldPete2

Boothroyd ( ex Watford manager) didn't start with hughes until he joined Watford. When he did hughes played with Chalobah and was MOTM .

anyway, Watford are clearly buying in good young talent. A lesson for Derby. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Boothroyd ( ex Watford manager) didn't start with hughes until he joined Watford. When he did hughes played with Chalobah and was MOTM .

Watford need to buy some home grown ( British) because they are not allowed a full squad unless they have a certain proportion- if you like a form of political correctness- how much game time over a season they get will be interesting 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Watford are already in the Prem. when we get there hopefully we'll buy good young talent as well. Besides, we haven't finished our business yet according to GR, and Davis plus probably Huddleston in only raises the average age if no one else leaves.

57 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Watford are already in the Prem. when we get there hopefully we'll buy good young talent as well. Besides, we haven't finished our business yet according to GR, and Davis plus probably Huddleston in only raises the average age if no one else leaves.

Or if the players who leave are younger than them?

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else hear talk sport just ? the spokesman for Watford said that he had to correct Jacobs(Hawksbee and Jacobs) when he said about Will being 8M, saying that that was a maximum figure that the deal would cost if all the provisos where reached the basic cost was less than Nathan Challobah who was reportedly 5M :ermm:

4 minutes ago, nfb said:

Anyone else hear talk sport just ? the spokesman for Watford said that he had to correct Jacobs(Hawksbee and Jacobs) when he said about Will being 8M, saying that that was a maximum figure that the deal would cost if all the provisos where reached the basic cost was less than Nathan Challobah who was reportedly 5M :ermm:

He was only some celebrity fan wasn't he.

4 minutes ago, nfb said:

:angry::angry::angry:

Archived