Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

54 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Both Butterfield and Johnson were regular scorers for their previous  clubs as was Bryson for us. We have goals in our midfield players to supplement those from our forwards.It has always been our poor defending particularly at set pieces that has let us down.

Last year was rubbish in terms of goals from midfield but all our midfielder are capable.... Can we just start blanking the whole thing from our memories.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Last year was rubbish in terms of goals from midfield but all our midfielder are capable.... Can we just start blanking the whole thing from our memories.

I propose a very cheap solution to this issue.

Chris Martin.

Nugent showed signs of being able to knit the midfield and forwards together too.

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I would say Butterfield's main strength is his shooting ability.

If he can recapture that then he's worth a start.

It's been there in the past but we've not seen it much at Derby

His main strength is what he was worst in the league at last year ... (anagram) so let's just blank that from our memory (radioactive) because he's our best creative spark player (ted macminn) ... lord help us.

very depressing to be crossing our fingers and hoping ... at this stage. 

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just like you cross your fingers and hope that Zanzala, a player who has barely managed 100 minutes of professional football, will be our top goal scorer next season ahead of established goalscorers such as Chris Martin, Dave Nugent and Darren Bent?

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

His main strength is what he was worst in the league at last year ... (anagram) so let's just blank that from our memory (radioactive) because he's our best creative spark player (ted macminn) ... lord help us.

You honestly think having a bit of optimism, and pointing out areas that Butterfield has already proven he is good in, is more depressing than just spouting constant negative drivel?

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Just like you cross your fingers and hope that Zanzala, a player who has barely managed 100 minutes of professional football, will be our top goal scorer next season ahead of established goalscorers such as Chris Martin, Dave Nugent and Darren Bent?

Yup. I've seen him play and I've seen Butterfield "play". Not sure what else there is to see. That said, don't see Oo la la or Elsnik in Tenerife so looks like we are gonna hang our hopes on this one 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

You honestly think having a bit of optimism, and pointing out areas that Butterfield has already proven he is good in, is more depressing than just spouting constant negative drivel?

Just like we did with Pearson when he decided to stick with the same crew after saying he was gonna shake things up ? 

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Just like we did with Pearson when he decided to stick with the same crew after saying he was gonna shake things up ? 

So just to be clear, we need a shake and then when we sell players you moan about that to.

Just what positives do you actually see with DCFC? Because for the last two years all I have ever seen you post is negative.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So just to be clear, we need a shake and then when we sell players you moan about that to.

Just what positives do you actually see with DCFC? Because for the last two years all I have ever seen you post is negative.

That's totally untrue. Who did I moan about selling? Will Hughes? Maybe I was positive about that player, although it was a good move for him personally.  Christie, Vydra Nugent Johnson Keogh Pearce Bryson Blackman Bennett Zanzala Lowe Fozzy Thorne - defended all of them - and pretty much all our players save 2 or 3. Thousands of positives. I'm only negative about players that don't help our cause, the bloated size of the squad, the lack of youth infusion, and the abandonment of our original Mel remit - things that Mel and Rowett themselves have pointed out as mistakes and things they are correcting.

13 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Come on fella, it's a new season soon, plenty to be happy about, Mr Rowett will sweat buckets for this club, and I believe he will be a success for us, his first two signings for us in Wisdom and Curtis are very good strong defenders, who can defend, this is one area we all wanted sorting out, Yes he has sold Will who I liked as a player, but if Will wanted to leave or Mr Rowett did not fancy him then it's best he moved him on, and the same for Ince another good player but if he wanted to go then fair  enough, I have plenty of faith in Gary bringing in another couple of good players, so come on fella let's all get behind the manager, players, and the owner, because a POSITIVE pride park can drive the players on, we have a good squad and with the correct changes to it , it could be great squad. Once a Ram always a Ram.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Come on fella, it's a new season soon, plenty to be happy about, Mr Rowett will sweat buckets for this club, and I believe he will be a success for us, his first two signings for us in Wisdom and Curtis are very good strong defenders, who can defend, this is one area we all wanted sorting out, Yes he has sold Will who I liked as a player, but if Will wanted to leave or Mr Rowett did not fancy him then it's best he moved him on, and the same for Ince another good player but if he wanted to go then fair  enough, I have plenty of faith in Gary bringing in another couple of good players, so come on fella let's all get behind the manager, players, and the owner, because a POSITIVE pride park can drive the players on, we have a good squad and with the correct changes to it , it could be great squad. Once a Ram always a Ram.

Cheers. I'll be positive when I take my seat don't you worry about that ! 

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I am impressed with everything Rowett sees so far - he's talked about the importance of a small squad, working hard, bringing in the academy players, varying strategy, everything. But reality is he's proven nothing so far, that's the reality. I do know when he had the chance to involve youth in meaningless matches he chose not to. So I'll reserve judgment until his actions on match day reflect all he says. Fair ? 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think @Ninos is still coming to terms with Chris Martin coming back.

Yup. Ready to cut him some slack because I thought he did well at Fulham ... considering how he was yo yo ed in and out the lineup - but he needs to step up his work rate and erase his moaning and diving. 

On 02/07/2017 at 16:17, Leicester Ram said:

Butterfield looked comfortable in the 10 role away at Birmingham this season and despite it going down as the keepers he effectively grabbed a goal too. 

I'd rather see Vydra there linking up with Martin/Nugent but Butterfield gives us a more creative option there.

If he starts to get a more aggressive killer instinct with his passing then he could show why he was a) decent in 15/16 and b) Huddersfield's POTY in 14/15 playing as a CAM.

I think people have forgotten a little that he was very good playing at #10 for Huddersfield. He scored 6 and assisted 8 but what is staggering is that he racked up over 120 created chances which to put in context the closest a derby player has come to that number was Bryson in 13/14 with 83. 

I have no doubt if you were to play directly behind a dynamic striker  (I.e. Nugent) then both would thrive. I think that combination would be better than Vydra/Nugent for instance. Unfortunately I don't think you'd want to play him in the hole behind Martin, think things would get a little too static with both likely wanting to operate in a similar space. With Martin you want a #10/attacking midfielder that is going to surge past him. Butterfield as one of a three behind Martin would be fine though (as long as you have another dynamic attacking midfielder).

7 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Yup. Ready to cut him some slack because I thought he did well at Fulham ... considering how he was yo yo ed in and out the lineup - but he needs to step up his work rate and erase his moaning and diving. 

I think the moaning is him wanting to win, you take that out of his game and he loses that edge, similar to what happened to Rooney, Fergie got him curb his temper and he lost something to his game.

18 minutes ago, Ninos said:

#toddyfacts looks a lot lonelier now:ph34r:

Archived