Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

sometimes i want to cry when i read some of the posts on here 

people do know 3 teams got promoted last season without Will Hughes or Thomas Ince, the year before that so did another 3, and the year before that and the year before that

there are other options and ways of getting promoted u know folks 

are peoples memories so short, our very own team last got promoted with a TEAM that worked tooth and nail for every point, there were no star talents in it but a team of grafters that were together in sum greater than their parts

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
11 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

sometimes i want to cry when i read some of the posts on here 

people do know 3 teams got promoted last season without Will Hughes or Thomas Ince, the year before that so did another 3, and the year before that and the year before that

there are other options and ways of getting promoted u know folks 

are peoples memories so short, our very own team last got promoted with a TEAM that worked tooth and nail for every point, there were no star talents in it but a team of grafters that were together in sum greater than their parts

That team had Giles Barnes, before he got injured. 

the likes of Barnes, ince amd hughes are why I go to watch football. Not to watch hoofball. 

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

the likes of Barnes, ince amd hughes are why I go to watch football. Not to watch hoofball. 

Got to say this use of 'hoofball' is beginning to annoy me already.

We've not even had pre season, not a single ball kicked, no idea on our formation and people are labelling the way we are going I play already.

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

You are using this as a stick to beat Rowett and I don't think for one minute you will return you're season ticket but if you do bye. 

13 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

As you say there is a life outside of football. and everything is a balance. On balance, if im going to enjoy the football less than I did, I have other things I would rather do.

So you've seen pretty football & failure in recent seasons. Someone comes in and is changing things, moving players on who WANTED to move, will play fast direct football (not hoofball) and your throwing ya toys out your pram because your Hero players have been sold?

How the hell do you know your not going to enjoy next season?.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Go support a team that you like the style of football of then, Manchester City have plenty of exciting players next year or Fulham if you like the Championship. Maybe even Watford or Huddersfield if you're so attactched to Hughes and Ince.

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Question

did u go to and enjoy our promotion season??

Or because there was no tippy tappy u vetoed it.

barnes was a bright spark yes, but it was a side whos gameplan was to be well drilled, resolute and to hit the big 6"2/3 battering ram steve howard at every opportunity it was hardly football a neutral would want to watch. 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Think your clutching at straws a bit there mate.

barnes was a bright spark yes, but it was a side whos gameplan was to be well drilled, resolute and to hit the big 6"2/3 battering ram steve howard at every opportunity

it wasnt easy on the eye stuff, effective mind

who knows maybe gaz raz is looking for his own battering ram with minimal talent but maximum effectiveness 

Steve Howard = Chris Martin

With Jacob Butterfield now left to express himself due to Will Hughes and Tom Ince sales. He is now our primary creative spark and I hope he will grab this opportunity to shine with both hands. We all know he has the ability to replace WH creativity and the shooting prowess to replace some of TI goals too all in 1 package. 

The time for change was necessary and in full flow as we speak, let's embrace this time of transition and sit back (and hopefully ????) enjoy the show. 

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

With Jacob Butterfield now left to express himself due to Will Hughes and Tom Ince sales. He is now our primary creative spark and I hope he will grab this opportunity to shine with both hands. We all know he has the ability to replace WH creativity and the shooting prowess to replace some of TI goals too all in 1 package. 

The time for change was necessary and in full flow as we speak, let's embrace this time of transition and sit back (and hopefully ????) enjoy the show. 

I thoughtu were going to say george thorne, not JC

iv still have reservations over jacob, still got to win me over, im not hating on him but for me hes a one good one bad performer, needs to show consistency and not just game to game but within a game itself

has the ability for sure, but needs to work on his application, if hes going to be at the base of that midfield he has to be the constant heartbeat without exception... within reason 

5 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I thoughtu were going to say george thorne, not JC

iv still have reservations over jacob, still got to win me over, im not hating on him but for me hes a one good one bad performer, needs to show consistency and not just game to game but within a game itself

has the ability for sure, but needs to work on his application, if hes going to be at the base of that midfield he has to be the constant heartbeat without exception... within reason 

Yeah agreed, but with the emphasis on him to perform and hopeful regular selection I hope he will take to the challenge. 

???? "come on JB don't make me look a twonk"??

George Thorne on the other hand is defo the most gifted midfielder I've seen in a Rams shirt in a long time. Just a shame that he can't see a season through, he and we are just bloody unlucky on that count. 

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

bang on and lets face it most dcfc fans dont mind what division we are in .iv moved around the country a few times but derby is my heart were i was born dcfc is the only one for me.except england as well of course only when they arnt embarrasing lol

40 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Embrace this time of transition ? You sound like a Forest fan taking the mick. This must rank as the most frustrating post I've seen on here, maybe ever.

Steve Martin is closer to Ron Howard than  Steve Howard is to Chris Martin. Battering rams don't fall over when breathed upon.

Next, Butterfield Express himself ? Jacob Butterfield? For real? Replace Will Hughes? For real ? Did you not see him play this past season? I can't think of a more negative wasteful footballer. He's the poster child for all that's wrong with our transfer dealings. Remember which team got rid of him? Where is that team headed now? Rather we take our chances on Elsnik. Bryson is far far better, far more positive.  May as well go with Maddison, Irvine, even Johnson in the role at this point, try to bully opposition midfields. Hughes creative and harrying style is irreplaceable at this level, unless we look abroad and unearth a magician midfielder. Don't diminish what we've really lost here. We've lost the two most exciting productive footballers we have, to the premier league. 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Question

did u go to and enjoy our promotion season??

Or because there was no tippy tappy u vetoed it.

barnes was a bright spark yes, but it was a side whos gameplan was to be well drilled, resolute and to hit the big 6"2/3 battering ram steve howard at every opportunity it was hardly football a neutral would want to watch. 

I disagree. We had lupoli as well. David Jones was a talented player. MOrten bisgaard as well. 

Sure there was big steve Howard and Darren Moore as well. 

I enjoyed the promotion season. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Embrace this time of transition ? You sound like a Forest fan taking the mick. This must rank as the most frustrating post I've seen on here, maybe ever.

Steve Martin is closer to Ron Howard than  Steve Howard is to Chris Martin. Battering rams don't fall over when breathed upon.

Next, Butterfield Express himself ? Jacob Butterfield? For real? Replace Will Hughes? For real ? Did you not see him play this past season? I can't think of a more negative wasteful footballer. He's the poster child for all that's wrong with our transfer dealings. Remember which team got rid of him? Where is that team headed now? Rather we take our chances on Elsnik. Bryson is far far better, far more positive.  May as well go with Maddison, Irvine, even Johnson in the role at this point, try to bully opposition midfields. Hughes creative and harrying style is irreplaceable at this level, unless we look abroad and unearth a magician midfielder. Don't diminish what we've really lost here. We've lost the two most exciting productive footballers we have, to the premier league. 

I get what you're saying here, but surely you see the irony in you saying that was the most frustrating post...

Evey chance you get, there's a dig at one of several players you don't like. Martin and Butterfield are two DCFC players under contract, turned up for preseason ready to knuckle down and work for the team. New season, new start for all players. Shame you can't just back the team and players

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

"SOUND LIKE A FOREST FAN TAKING THE MICK" ??

Have a word with yourself sweet heart, I've probably been a Ram longer than you've lived!

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

We have a very talented player in JB and IMHO he has been suppressed by the presence of TI & WH gazing limited game time. His time had come to express himself and "I as a Ram am going to support him and hope he turns his game up to what he was bought for"

Lets not forget how he pulled the strings at HTFC before we bought him. 

Chris Martin "falls over when breathed upon" as you so put it is to break up opposition possession. He had no support around him in his last full season and had to do this to try to gain yardage. 

Archived