Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I'm still a little bitter that he left so I'm 50/50 whether I want him to showcase how good he is and tear the PL apart - Or languish on the bench for Watford, get frustrated and then move back to us

BTW - Anyone ITK know if we accepted a lower offer for him with a buy back fee in it? I've been wondering about this for a while - Everton bought Deulofeu for not too much because Barca had a buy back at like £12m - If we got promoted in the next couple of years picking up a CM of Hughes quality for that kind of money would be a bargain...

I hope he tears it up.

Chiefly because it's obvious Rowett doesn't rate him, and therefore I can't see why we'd put a buy back option in the deal, or bring him back if things don't work out for him.

He'll join a top 6 club come seasons end, and we'll console ourselves with a few quid chucked our way for being so nice as to give him his platform, while Watford spend the £40m profit on a foreigner we've never heard of.

9 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Remind me about Will Hughes this time next year ............................ lets see if he establishes himself in a Watford team and contributes more than the occasional "flair touch" by the number of assists and or goals ....................... then we will see who got the better end of the deal

You must have hated Xavi and Iniesta

PistoldPete2
12 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Remind me about Will Hughes this time next year ............................ lets see if he establishes himself in a Watford team and contributes more than the occasional "flair touch" by the number of assists and or goals ....................... then we will see who got the better end of the deal

If will helps Watford avoid relegation and we miss out on promotion again then Watford will definitely have got the better of the deal. 

In case people didn't know, Will's agent is Paolo Vernazza who used to play for Watford. Which may (or may not) help explain the transfer and speed at which it happened, almost before the season ended (after all, Will's season hadn't even finished as he was in the middle of the Euros at the time).

Obviously I rate Will but think he was massively overrated by most fans, yes he's a talented player and yes he has a lot of potential but over the last 2/3 seasons he hasn't really improved too much - there's no point hanging on to players just because they had potential if they're not going to fulfill it (in this Derby side - I think he will do with a premier league team), what did he bring to the team last season that Johnson / Butterfield / Bryson didn't?, other than a one-off assist for Bent! 

45 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

...what did he bring to the team last season that Johnson / Butterfield / Bryson didn't?

By comparing Will Hughes to Johnson / Butterfield / Bryson is like saying horses, mules and donkeys are three of the same kind. Yes, basically horses, mules and donkeys are all animals from the same family - mammals, except their roles are completely different.

Will Huges posses creativity and has a vision on the pitch. He's a playmaker, he makes other players around him look much better. He doesn't create lot of chances or scores lot of goals. While Johnson / Butterfield / Bryson all three have good shooting skills and regularly score goals, they don't posses other specific qualities, they are just ordinary runners. Hard working midfielders.

53 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

By comparing Will Hughes to Johnson / Butterfield / Bryson is like saying horses, mules and donkeys are three of the same kind. Yes, basically horses, mules and donkeys are all animals from the same family - mammals, except their roles are completely different.

Will Huges posses creativity and has a vision on the pitch. He's a playmaker, he makes other players around him look much better. He doesn't create lot of chances or scores lot of goals. While Johnson / Butterfield / Bryson all three have good shooting skills and regularly score goals, they don't posses other specific qualities, they are just ordinary runners. Hard working midfielders.

I think you are delusional. Will Hughes is an average championship midfielder. If he doesn't score. Doesn't get assists. Isn't physical enough to dictate in central midfield please explain how you rate his skills. He has stagnated at Derby. I wish him well at Watford but as I say. Let's wait till the end of the season to see who got the better of this transfer   

14 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

And you must be delusional comparing him in the same breath ....... Hughes is bang average. 

He isn't.

Archived