Keogh

TroyDyer

6 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Quote me later , but it doesn't feel like there is enough rumor mill on Keogh moving to make it happen soon, very little in the DET and not much discussion on SWFC forums just small talk , where as Ince there's a different story, I guess if he doesn't go in the trip then that's the biggest sign

And there's only 48 pages on this thread.

It has to hit 100 before anything happens!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hate to see Keogh go but I'd back Rowett to get the best out of someone like Caulker. 

Keogh is the definitive Derby player of this era. He's easily been the best servant to the club I've seen in my 20 years as a Derby fan. Really psssionate and committed as well as being a really talented CB. I think you'll struggle to find better at this level, I really do. Good with his feet, good in the air, fairly quick and very good a last second blocks. Wednesday are getting a hell of a player of this is true, I hope we're getting a very tidy fee for him because we're selling a player in their prime to a close rival.

I think of Keogh finds the right CB to play alongside him he'd been a decent enough PL player.

But I really back Rowett with Caulker. Simply looking at him as a transfer commodity Caulker's still young at 25, he's athletic but also got the height you'd want at 6'3. He's got a lot of potential, a lot to learn still but a lot of potential. I think he's a similar type of CB to Shotton, who Rowett made look way better than he ever looked at Derby.

Different as a bloke. He's clearly had a lot of issues and the article that came out today was a real eye opener. Looks like he was close to being one of footballs horror stories but it seems like he's really trying to turn it around. I back Rowett as a good enough man manager and Curtis Davies, someone who by all accounts has been a fantastic pro throughout his career, as a good older brother figure to get him on track on and off the field.

The fact he's come out and made his issues public speaks volumes to me. If they say the hardest part is admitting you have a problem the telling the entire country that you've got a problem must be pretty f*****g difficult. If he's willing to do that I'd say he's willing to work hard at the club that give him a chance. Bring him into a new environment and give him a fresh challenge with good characters around him.

He's clearly got PL potential, I'd love it if we could be the club to get it out of him. 

Caulker is s**t and couldn't lace Keoghs boots up!!! 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

He's not s**t is he ? 

I've never understood how he's gone so far to be honest .. I don't know why but I took a keen interest on his development together with a couple of other players at the time Caulker went to Cardiff ... he was truly woeful and now struggling at QPR 

i know the man has other issues going on which I sympathise with  but for football reasons only really can't see him being better than what we have... if we lose Keogh get Roberts from Barnsley is my view... only my opinion 

We (Bristol City) had Caulker for a season in the Championship when 18/19, he was superb, usually the best player on the park, composed, aggressive, read the game well, good distribution. Most thought he would go on to play and probably Captain England.

The same season we also had Danny Rose. Shocking, couldn't be arsed, waste of space. Strange isn't it.

6 minutes ago, Saity said:

I've never understood how he's gone so far to be honest .. I don't know why but I took a keen interest on his development together with a couple of other players at the time Caulker went to Cardiff ... he was truly woeful and now struggling at QPR 

i know the man has other issues going on which I sympathise with  but for football reasons only really can't see him being better than what we have... if we lose Keogh get Roberts from Barnsley is my view... only my opinion 

A whole series of managers have seen potential in him as he's obviously an impressive athlete

Sometimes personal problems destroy a player who could be good - But with the right support network and the right coaching he could be a very good asset for the club

However - I'll state this over and over again - I think replacing Keogh would be wrong on many levels

If you want to invest significant money in a player who will go off the rails or turn to drink  if he's injured, loses, or gets some stick, good for you.

I'm sure you'll all be equally supportive when he goes the way of gary charles.

personally i'd rather stick with keogh or pearce,

1 hour ago, Gut_Reaction said:

We (Bristol City) had Caulker for a season in the Championship when 18/19, he was superb, usually the best player on the park, composed, aggressive, read the game well, good distribution. Most thought he would go on to play and probably Captain England.

The same season we also had Danny Rose. Shocking, couldn't be arsed, waste of space. Strange isn't it.

Jake Livermore sticks in my mind as being utterly useless on loan here but went on to do OK. But then I think he said later he wasn't up for it and just "did his time"......

11 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Why is Martin the only one who has not been given extra days off?

Because he's a mardy, lazy, fat ******** and just standing around waving your arms about doesn't qualify as a fitness regime. Or so I've been repeatedly told anyway. :huh:

16:57

BLUES AGREE ROBERTS FEE

Birmingham City have agreed a £3.5m fee for Barnsley captain Marc Roberts, according to Sky sources.

The defender has passed a medical at St Andrew’s and the deal should be completed this weekend.

---

This should give the whingers something else to have a whinge about :D

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

16:57

BLUES AGREE ROBERTS FEE

Birmingham City have agreed a £3.5m fee for Barnsley captain Marc Roberts, according to Sky sources.

The defender has passed a medical at St Andrew’s and the deal should be completed this weekend.

---

This should give the whingers something else to have a whinge about :D

Great news, we can try and prise Shotton away, £5m should do it.

Archived