Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:41, Carl Sagan said:

One of the season's more remarkable stats is that the gumps haven't drawn a game all season, just as the Blunts hadn't until today. I'd say both of these teams are punching above their weight so far this season, which shows it can be well worth going all out for the win (and risking defeat) as draws don't really help anyone in this league.

I'm hoping the streak ends tomorrow and they scrape a lucky 0-0 against Cardiff.

Still they are the only team in the top two divisions to have not drawn a game this season.

Bristol Rovers are the only other team to have managed that in all four divisions, and they are also a struggling mid-table non-entity in the shadow of a nearby team :lol:

5 hours ago, WystonRam said:

LOL

In Asia so just catching up. Whether we have a right to be in the Premiership, as the 7th biggest city in England we as fans should DESERVE to be.

1 London – 10,236,000
2 Manchester – 2,639,000
3 Birmingham-Wolverhampton – 2,512,000
4 Leeds-Bradford – 1,893,000
5 Liverpool – 875,000
6 Newcastle – 793,000
7 Nottingham – 755,000
8 Sheffield – 706,000
9 Bristol – 646,000

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46431&page=21

Where did they get those figures from?  Anyway 2 teams in Notts and I guess county get the biggest share

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

Where did they get those figures from?  Anyway 2 teams in Notts and I guess county get the biggest share

If you consider that Nottingham is allegedly such a big city, how come their attendance is so low? County aside, you just have to assume Nottingham at heart isn't a football loving place. Explains the ice hockey i guess.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If you consider that Nottingham is allegedly such a big city, how come their attendance is so low? County aside, you just have to assume Nottingham at heart isn't a football loving place. Explains the ice hockey i guess.

I thought Notts County were the only team in Nottingham and the others are outside of the city.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That was always what BC said.  Amazing the 2 cities are do close geographically but so separate in their appreciation of football

12 hours ago, WystonRam said:

LOL

In Asia so just catching up. Whether we have a right to be in the Premiership, as the 7th biggest city in England we as fans should DESERVE to be.

1 London – 10,236,000
2 Manchester – 2,639,000
5 Liverpool – 875,000
6 Newcastle – 793,000
7 Nottingham – 755,000
8 Sheffield – 706,000
9 Bristol – 646,000

Isn’t the whole romantic story of Nottingham forest about how they were a small provincial team that went on to win the European cup. 

Based on that, there’s nothing small or provincial about them at all. 

I’d like to see where derby sits on that list. 

22 hours ago, WystonRam said:

LOL

1 London – 10,236,000
2 Manchester – 2,639,000
5 Liverpool – 875,000
6 Newcastle – 793,000
7 Nottingham – 755,000
8 Sheffield – 706,000
9 Bristol – 646,000

There are over 10 million in London so Barnet deserve to winning the Premier league with that logic. 

My daughter was in A&E on Sunday morning waiting for her friend.  

She got called an inbred by a Forest Fan - he said 'have you come about your extra fingers and toes?'

She replied 'No, I've got eight fingers, two thumbs, ten toes - oh and three points  - how about you love?' :lol:

I don't know where she gets it from haha. 

Anybody remember what happened to that team who used to be pretty big around these parts, played in red, had a minging old shed of a ground, a wacky chairman, even wackier manager???  Anybody???

I only asked because I think we can do better for local rivals than Burton & Notts County...

40 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Anybody remember what happened to that team who used to be pretty big around these parts, played in red, had a minging old shed of a ground, a wacky chairman, even wackier manager???  Anybody???

I only asked because I think we can do better for local rivals than Burton & Notts County...

Gresley Rovers?

3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Macclesfield, Chesterfield. One play in red, the other play on a shed.

(oo, that rhymes, there’s the beginnings of a chant there). 

they’re ****, they’re red, they’re grounds a ******* shed, forest, forest. 

10 hours ago, Hucknall Ram said:

There are over 10 million in London so Barnet deserve to winning the Premier league with that logic. 

Same with manchester, 2.8m is the population of greater manchester so by that logic, Oldham, Stockport, Bury, Wigan & Bolton should all be flying high 

Archived