Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hucknall Ram said:

I watched it this morning, it was a tail of two keepers, Reading's keeper saved everything that went at him (apart from the goal), Forest's keeper made some decent saves but two went in close to his body (where if it was the reading keeper it would hit him and stayed out) and one he put into his own net.

I went last night (20 minutes from my house) and I will say that some of the defending was absolutely comical from our perspective, but you are right, their keeper made 3 absolute worldie saves that would go in any other day.

Won't begrudge Reading mind you, well worth the win IMO.

42 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I went last night (20 minutes from my house) and I will say that some of the defending was absolutely comical from our perspective, but you are right, their keeper made 3 absolute worldie saves that would go in any other day.

Won't begrudge Reading mind you, well worth the win IMO.

Yea but you had more possession and made more passes and that is far more important than a piddling 3 points.

22 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I'm not even sure thats true to be honest :lol:

Given that the main criticism of Warburton at Rangers was that he doesn't know how to set up a defense or defend set pieces do you reckon he will sort it out? You can play all the nice football you want in the middle third but without a good foundation behind it you will always struggle to get above mid table.

6 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Given that the main criticism of Warburton at Rangers was that he doesn't know how to set up a defense or defend set pieces do you reckon he will sort it out? You can play all the nice football you want in the middle third but without a good foundation behind it you will always struggle to get above mid table.

I would like to hope so. He certainly deserves the time to achieve that, and we've definitely progressed from the garbage from last year.

See who (if anyone) we sign in January. Need a top centre half as bare minimum if we want to have any ambitions of making the top 6 this season. Think that'll be a more realistic ambition for 18/19 mind you.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I would like to hope so. He certainly deserves the time to achieve that, and we've definitely progressed from the garbage from last year.

See who (if anyone) we sign in January. Need a top centre half as bare minimum if we want to have any ambitions of making the top 6 this season. Think that'll be a more realistic ambition for 18/19 mind you.

3018 maybe

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

But....but......Matt Mills!!!      :lol::lol::lol:

25 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

But....but......Matt Mills!!!      :lol::lol::lol:

I thought it was the thug they got Hull (can't even remember his name now) or is he still injured? Oh no, wasn't Mancienne the top quality CB they had? Better than Keogh they told us.

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

You can have Shackell for a couple of mil :ph34r:

Archived