Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MrsRam said:

My daughter was in A&E on Sunday morning waiting for her friend.  

She got called an inbred by a Forest Fan - he said 'have you come about your extra fingers and toes?'

She replied 'No, I've got eight fingers, two thumbs, ten toes - oh and three points  - how about you love?' :lol:

I don't know where she gets it from haha. 

I bet he was in getting his hands bandaged from excessive knuckle dragging.

22 hours ago, Spanish said:

@Red_Dawn what's happening with Traore?  Sounds like he's jumped out the toilet window and made a run for it.  we have a couple of defenders who are pretty good but cant get in the side if it helps

Your guess is as good as mine mate. Warburton simply stating that he isn't in contention for a starting place.

I would imagine that gives an insight into his commitment in training. I mean look at Vellios. top scorer in pre season arguably our best striker and he hasn't got a single game as far as I'm aware. 

They'll have to sign a Left back in January or the summer, as Mancienne clearly isn't up to the job (see goals v Ipswich) and Lichaj is much better at RB. 

Decided to take a look at the LTLF forum for a laugh. They seem to consoling themselves by saying they wouldn't trade their style of football for our position and hoofball. They are adamant that we are playing hoofball even though we play a small guy upfront and Vydra is banging them in. As opposed to Murphy upfront...

They haven't worked this modern football stuff out yet.

LB.JPG

4 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Decided to take a look at the LTLF forum for a laugh. They seem to consoling themselves by saying they wouldn't trade their style of football for our position and hoofball. They are adamant that we are playing hoofball even though we play a small guy upfront and Vydra is banging them in. As opposed to Murphy upfront...

LB.JPG

Don't let stats get in the way of a good argument :)

What do you expect from Notts folks, they are bound to get mixed up with numbers when counting with their fingers, if you had 12 fingers you would.

22 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

LB.JPG

The stats suggest we’re a neither a long-ball or possession-based team as it’s the percentage of long passes compared to overall passes which count.

We probably average around 45% possession this season, so the number of overall passes we make is going to be much less than a team which averages say 55% possession.

A quick look says Forest average over 100 more passes than Derby do per game. Clearly they’re not as effective, but some could argue it’s more pleasing to watch.

Also, in terms of average number of passes per game, we currently sit around 12th.

13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The stats suggest we’re a neither a long-ball or possession-based team as it’s the percentage of long passes compared to overall passes which count.

We probably average around 45% possession this season, so the number of overall passes we make is going to be much less than a team which averages say 55% possession.

A quick look says Forest average over 100 more passes than Derby do per game. Clearly they’re not as effective, but some could argue it’s more pleasing to watch.

Also, in terms of average number of passes per game, we currently sit around 12th.

Cardiff....now there's a hoofball team.

Millwall also appear to be quite long ball, which contradicts some of the views expressed on the upcoming match thread.

30 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

To be fair I'd say so what anyway. Bet Bristol city Fans aren't complaining.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Cardiff....now there's a hoofball team.

Millwall also appear to be quite long ball, which contradicts some of the views expressed on the upcoming match thread.

Yeah it seems 26% of Millwall’s passes are long, while Cardiff are at 25%. Among the worst in the league so it would seem.

While Bristol City top the longball charts, their percentage is actually only 19%.

Ipswich surprisingly aren’t the worst with 24.5%. Derby are at 16.6% and Forest are at 13.8%.

I’m not sure what the stats suggest though. Completed passes or attempted passes? Your obviously much less likely to complete a long pass.

For all we know Millwall could just be the best team in the league at completing long passes, rather than this being an indication that one in every four attempted passes are long.

For the record, there is nothing wrong with playing long passes. Man City’s GK Ederson has played some sublime 50 meter passes this season.

Carson’s assist for Tom Ince’s winner at Birmingham was brilliant.

I associate a hoofball team with one which doesn’t attempt to play through the lines, and generally punt aimless balls forward because they aren’t comfortable with the ball at their feet. That’s much different to Tom Huddlestone spraying pinpoint 40-50 yard passes over the park.

On 17 December 2017 at 09:50, WystonRam said:

LOL

In Asia so just catching up. Whether we have a right to be in the Premiership, as the 7th biggest city in England we as fans should DESERVE to be.

1 London – 10,236,000
2 Manchester – 2,639,000
3 Birmingham-Wolverhampton – 2,512,000
4 Leeds-Bradford – 1,893,000
5 Liverpool – 875,000
6 Newcastle – 793,000
7 Nottingham – 755,000
8 Sheffield – 706,000
9 Bristol – 646,000

Just to clarify, the number shown for Nottingham is the Nottm Urban Area which includes several Rams populations such as Long Eaton, Ripley, Ilkeston, Heanor, Breaston etc. The actual city population is 325,282, not much more than Derby City with 256,233. If you take those areas round Derby which are traditionally Rams supporting areas, then the populations would not be too far apart

12 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Just to clarify, the number shown for Nottingham is the Nottm Urban Area which includes several Rams populations such as Long Eaton, Ripley, Ilkeston, Heanor, Breaston etc. The actual city population is 325,282, not much more than Derby City with 256,233. If you take those areas round Derby which are traditionally Rams supporting areas, then the populations would not be too far apart

In similar vein I reckon the number for London must include several dormitory towns. Probably reaches Southampton. ..

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just on Possession percentage....Brazil had 52% possession against Germany in the semi final when they lost 1-7.... it doesn’t matter how long you have the ball it’s what you do with it that counts. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Just on Possession percentage....Brazil had 52% possession against Germany in the semi final when they lost 1-7.... it doesn’t matter how long you have the ball it’s what you do with it that counts. 

Not that it’s particularly relevant but Germany had more possession in the first half, and leading 5-0 at the break they just allowed Brazil to knock it about in the second half.

You are right in that it’s what you do with it that counts. Possession is also overlooked as a great defensive tool too. Spain by 2012 used possession just to restrict the opposition from creating chances. It bored most people to death but it worked out for them.

Under McClaren I felt we struck a good balance between possession and attacking football. Clement’s style was possession and defensive.

I don’t think many can claim we play defensive football under Rowett, despite the lack of possession.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not that it’s particularly relevant but Germany had more possession in the first half, and leading 5-0 at the break they just allowed Brazil to knock it about in the second half.

You are right in that it’s what you do with it that counts. Possession is also overlooked as a great defensive tool too. Spain by 2012 used possession just to restrict the opposition from creating chances. It bored most people to death but it worked out for them.

Under McClaren I felt we struck a good balance between possession and attacking football. Clement’s style was possession and defensive.

I don’t think many can claim we play defensive football under Rowett, despite the lack of possession.

Our pressing game forces opposition to retain possession in their half, ineffective possession 

14 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

theres a real town

Archived