Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

18 minutes ago, ColchesterRam said:

Do managers just disappear on holiday in the international break then?

I'd like to think he'd be working twice as hard with the players at moor farm trying to rectify our lack of character and spine, a problem that's been plaguing us for to long now. He's had long enough to identify the problems and address this, if he's sodded off on holiday then I'm sorry but that's a f*****g joke, I seriously hope it's a rumour and nothing more.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Derbados said:

I'd like to think he'd be working twice as hard with the players at moor farm trying to rectify our lack of character and spine, a problem that's been plaguing us for to long now. He's had long enough to identify the problems and address this, if he's sodded off on holiday then I'm sorry but that's a f*****g joke, I seriously hope it's a rumour and nothing more.

I must admit when I first heard he had gone away my thoughts were the same. Surely after a very average start to the season he should be there working with the team. 

Not all deals need him to be present. I doubt you'd try for someone like Jota without him personally selling the club, but I'm pretty sure they could tie up a loan deal without him using other staff, or just a telecon.

Likewise he has no role to play in outgoings other than sanctioning them so we'll just have to wait and see.

At this point all I can see are loans either way.

But yes, he should be working with our players not called up and drilling his ideas into them. 

Players and managers aren't robots, you don't just feed them batteries and they go forever. 

Think about when you are at work, don't you look forward to a few days off? Fergie used to do it all the time, he even let his players miss a match so they could catch a few days in the sun and recharge their batteries. 

I think it's great that they do it, otherwise when does he get any time spent with his family, May 2018.

9 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Players and managers aren't robots, you don't just feed them batteries and they go forever. 

Think about when you are at work, don't you look forward to a few days off? Fergie used to do it all the time, he even let his players miss a match so they could catch a few days in the sun and recharge their batteries. 

I think it's great that they do it, otherwise when does he get any time spent with his family, May 2018.

Agree totally.....

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There are no rumours, Rowett is on holiday and the window closes tomorrow, id be very surprised if we got anyone in.

Maybe they have decided to not get drawn in on inflated prices and start playing some of the u23s.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

He definitely went away on Sunday. Doesn't mean he is still away. He could have been out there Sunday and Monday and come back yesterday but left the family out there. 

1 minute ago, Gypsy Ram said:

Don't players work a couple of hours a day and then a few hours on match days with a lot of free time, while getting paid more than investment bankers? Don't buy this they need time off malarky. 

Big difference between the players working day and GR's . I would imagine GR's is insane and if he is in the sun(shine) he will no doubt have a cocktail in one hand and a mobile phone in the other. I bet he works 70-80 hours plus a week 

8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Big difference between the players working day and GR's . I would imagine GR's is insane and if he is in the sun(shine) he will no doubt have a cocktail in one hand and a mobile phone in the other. I bet he works 70-80 hours plus a week 

What makes you think GR works 70 - 80 hours per week ............................... that equates to say 6 days at nearly 12 to 13 hours per day!

I live in the real world, and do not believe for 1 minute any manager works those number of hours.

2 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

What makes you think GR works 70 - 80 hours per week ............................... that equates to say 6 days at nearly 12 to 13 hours per day!

I live in the real world, and do not believe for 1 minute any manager works those number of hours.

They do at this time of year. Many work 60-70 hours all year round.

Not Jewell, he was a lazy sod.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

He's got a few right this summer to be fair to him. Obviously he's no John Percy but he's ok !

I can be right a few times a summer! Seriously, I don't believe he's ever had an original insight, I think he's having a big laugh at our expense....

Archived