Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradbury, Blackstock...

Certain managers just aren't good at signing players for certain areas. I remember when Jewell came in thinking we would never sign a decent striker under his tenure because he had no idea about them at all.

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Did either of dickinson or maguire make a first team appearance?

Extending the catchment to development squad who never make it brings in a whole cowherds worth of tripe.:lol:

Kenny miller 

Dickinson no, he had off pitch issues and was bombed out almost immediately. Maguire played 7 scored 1.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Thought he was a c*** personally but there you go.  No particular basis for my opinion - just never warmed to the guy. 

Came for a season of Premier League football - Looked totally disinterested as soon as he realised the standard of our squad overall was utterly dreadful - Left as soon as we'd let him go

At least some of our really dreadful players had the grace to stay with us when we went down (or wouldn't have got offers from any other clubs ever)

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Without Miller our miserable season would have been 9pts not 11. 

Also got the goal in our 1-1 with Bolton, and our second in the 2-2 with Newcastle. So without him it would be 7.

Next most influential was Villa who scored the only goals in 2 other drawn games.

13 minutes ago, Rample said:

Also got the goal in our 1-1 with Bolton, and our second in the 2-2 with Newcastle. So without him it would be 7.

Next most influential was Villa who scored the only goals in 2 other drawn games.

Good memory pal. Personally I've blanked the whole season apart from the win. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Giles Sunu...arrived with much promise, left looking like a poor mans Carlton Palmer 

I remember my Arsenal supporting friend giving him loads of praise before he joined and then just having to accept that, like most players of the era, he was a donkey.

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Came for a season of Premier League football - Looked totally disinterested as soon as he realised the standard of our squad overall was utterly dreadful - Left as soon as we'd let him go

At least some of our really dreadful players had the grace to stay with us when we went down (or wouldn't have got offers from any other clubs ever)

Not entirely sure that's something to hold against him given how much trouble we had getting rid of those players who did stay.

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Nathan Ellington, Liam Dickinson, Chris McGuire, Conor Doyle, James Vaughan, Luke Varney, DJ Campbell, Chris Porter, Rob Earnshaw. 

I was bored at work now I'm depressed and bored. 

Very harsh on Porter, his hip injury did him in and he still pulled goals out of nothing,

Ellington is marked because of the fee paid, he wasn't awful, he certainly wasn't great either though. Vaughan we didn't see due to injury and DJ was alright from what I can recall. I wanted his loan extending at the time.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Good job he isn't playing today or we would no doubt offer 7 million for him and pay him 30k a week.

Hang about....

I thought that your moan a couple of days ago was that we are currently refusing to pay over-inflated fees, and you thought that we should pay what the likes of Hull and Boro are prepared to for fear of missing out.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Hang about....

I thought that your moan a couple of days ago was that we are currently refusing to pay over-inflated fees, and you thought that we should pay what the likes of Hull and Boro are prepared to for fear of missing out.

My comedic talent adapts to the situation, I try to not get hung up on facts and wouldn't take any notice of something I said 2 days ago.

I was most probably very very drunk at the time.

Archived