Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I seem to remember in Mac's first season Conor Sammon made over 30 appearances in a team that finished well clear in 3rd place. Can't find anyone who think he's anything better than bang average.

To be fair he rarely started, was often past the 70 min mark when he came on

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I seem to remember in Mac's first season Conor Sammon made over 30 appearances in a team that finished well clear in 3rd place. Can't find anyone who think he's anything better than bang average.

He started 3 league games, Ipswich at home, Millwall when Martin was suspended and Leeds last game.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

He started 3 league games, Ipswich at home, Millwall when Martin was suspended and Leeds last game.

9 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

I'm being slightly facetious to be honest and used a rubbish example.

The point I'm trying to make though is that bang average players, when played in the right system, have been promoted from this league before. If they play in a system that hides their weaknesses and focuses on their strengths it can be done. 

9 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm being slightly facetious to be honest and used a rubbish example.

The point I'm trying to make though is that bang average players, when played in the right system, have been promoted from this league before. If they play in a system that hides their weaknesses and focuses on their strengths it can be done. 

Isn't that the aim of the game? Focus on players strengths and hide their weaknesses.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

Isn't that the aim of the game? Focus on players strengths and hide their weaknesses.

It is. One of the posters I was replying to though said that you can't get promoted if you're a bang average player I disagreed because put a bang average player in the right team and system and they can do very well.

47 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Yet when I go back and watch some of the games he's pretty heavily involved when called upon. Not a great player by any stretch but he put in a shift for us when asked.

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

And Dean Holdsworth, Stern John, Nick Chadwick, Michael Boulding, Nathan Tyson, Danny Graham, Silva (never actually played but must of been paid), Manel. God we have had some tripe over the years. 

Nick Chadwick, those were the days! :lol:

19 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

And Dean Holdsworth, Stern John, Nick Chadwick, Michael Boulding, Nathan Tyson, Danny Graham, Silva (never actually played but must of been paid), Manel. God we have had some tripe over the years. 

....Noel Whelan :pinch:

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Nathan Ellington, Liam Dickinson, Chris McGuire, Conor Doyle, James Vaughan, Luke Varney, DJ Campbell, Chris Porter, Rob Earnshaw. 

I was bored at work now I'm depressed and bored. 

Did either of dickinson or maguire make a first team appearance?

Extending the catchment to development squad who never make it brings in a whole cowherds worth of tripe.:lol:

Kenny miller 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Did either of dickinson or maguire make a first team appearance?

Extending the catchment to development squad who never make it brings in a whole cowherds worth of tripe.:lol:

Kenny miller 

To be honest I didn't mind Miller, whether that's because he looked semi decent in a very poor team or not I don't know. His tan did clash with the white kit though. 

Archived