Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Wants to be at least a full wage contribution if were considering letting Shackell go. Not sure why so many have written him off ? ?

Not written him off - But probably our 4th choice CB and he may want some regular game time

10 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Wants to be at least a full wage contribution if were considering letting Shackell go. Not sure why so many have written him off ? ?

Not written off but out of contract next June,just recovered from a bad back injury,34 next month( should reduce the average age a tad) and we have Baird or Wisdom to fill in in an emergency.Makes sense on so many levels.

4 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Better to cancel his contract by mutual consent today so he is a free agent and can make his own arrangements. I presume a lot of his wages have been covered by insurance but his has ceased now he is fit again.

This. We are unlikely to get a fee for him.

If he wants regular football he can go get it, but we shouldn't loan him to Ipswich and foot the bill for his wages.

1 hour ago, Saity said:

when he's fit he's still an asset and in front of Pearce...i'd rather see Pearce go

Problem is nobody wants Pearce. I would rather Russell leaves but more likely to be higher demand for Anya.....other teams won't be coming in for Pearce and Russell unless they are ambitious and in League One.

32 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Better to cancel his contract by mutual consent today so he is a free agent and can make his own arrangements. I presume a lot of his wages have been covered by insurance but his has ceased now he is fit again.

Don't think a player on approx £35k a week would walk away with ten months of his contract left or that Mel would pay him off with £1.4m!!?

Archived