Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

4 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Suprised Hanson hasn't gone aswell.

hanson, Anya, shackell and Butterfield could all go and not weaken us

Can't lose both  JH and JB without incoming. If Huddz or Johnno pick up injuries it only leaves you Thorne ( who knows fitness wise?) and Bryse ( who knows fitness wise?) Are the youngsters behind them up to it? Difficult to blood them when your aspirations are top 6. Nothing like it was when Hughes and Hendrick came thro. 

Agree tho that losing them wouldn't be a major, but would want an incoming to be at least cover.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think we will - Rowett seems to be happy with 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1

Equally I think we're covered for wing backs on the left (any of our LBs can play there) and Wisdom can play it on the right - And if Victor Moses is a wing back then no reason Russell couldn't be too

Rumours are we're getting rid of Shackell - We currently (inc him) have 4 CBs - Would we be getting rid of one if there was any intention of playing 3 at the back? Leaves you without much cover

Agree with all of this apart from Wisdom being able to play there because I really doubt he could do that role effectively. He'd be much better used as one of the back 3. 

Ultimately though I think your right that it is unlikely we will switch to a back 3/5 and therefore it isn't worth keeping Anya if a decent offer comes in.

8 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

Can't lose both  JH and JB without incoming. If Huddz or Johnno pick up injuries it only leaves you Thorne ( who knows fitness wise?) and Bryse ( who knows fitness wise?) Are the youngsters behind them up to it? Difficult to blood them when your aspirations are top 6. Nothing like it was when Hughes and Hendrick came thro. 

Agree tho that losing them wouldn't be a major, but would want an incoming to be at least cover.

Elsnick is better than both IMO but I agree I'd get another player in. Hudds, Johnson, Thorne, another new, plus elsnick is plenty for 2 spots. 

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Elsnick is better than both IMO but I agree I'd get another player in. Hudds, Johnson, Thorne, another new, plus elsnick is plenty for 2 spots. 

I would much rather see Elsnik given a chance over both Bryson + Butterfield as well

26 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Agree with all of this apart from Wisdom being able to play there because I really doubt he could do that role effectively. He'd be much better used as one of the back 3. 

Ultimately though I think your right that it is unlikely we will switch to a back 3/5 and therefore it isn't worth keeping Anya if a decent offer comes in.

Didn't get to the game but he seemed like he could play wing back against Bolton from the reviews I read - And the highlights on Sky Sports - At least as well as our Fozzy

16 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

I did see the game and the only reason Wisdom was so effective was because Bolton were so bad. As the game went on he became more and more attacking and was playing through-balls from the centre. As evidenced by all the other games he's played for us, he's no wing-back.

I'm not sure I follow your logic

In the other games he's had to defend more because he's been playing RB - However given the license to go forward more he (apparently) was extremely effective against Bolton

If he played RWB he would have more license to go forward and could be effective doing that as he's shown surely?

On 22/08/2017 at 14:42, brady1993 said:

Instrumental is a very strong way to describe his contribution. He certainly played a role but isn't why they got promoted.

You could hardly describe somebody has bang average if they played 39 games for a side that got promoted could you 

42 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Didn't Mo Camara play for Derby when we got promoted? And Jay McEverley, Gary Teale, Craig Fagan etc 

56 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

You could hardly describe somebody has bang average if they played 39 games for a side that got promoted could you 

I seem to remember in Mac's first season Conor Sammon made over 30 appearances in a team that finished well clear in 3rd place. Can't find anyone who think he's anything better than bang average.

Archived