Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone did say on here  that they were behind GR in the queue at the airport flying off to portugal....he probably does need a break...don't we all lol...but i'd be amazed if its just a holiday with the family just before deadline day....

I did wonder when he was interviewed after sunderland game just how much time has been  consumed by trying to get transfers done as he said he was constantly on his laptop....really hope we get one or two over the line as could make a major difference to our season.

interesting that SN on the DET is now saying that something could well happen for us on deadline day.....

39 minutes ago, Saity said:

someone did say on here  that they were behind GR in the queue at the airport flying off to portugal....he probably does need a break...don't we all lol...but i'd be amazed if its just a holiday with the family just before deadline day....

I did wonder when he was interviewed after sunderland game just how much time has been  consumed by trying to get transfers done as he said he was constantly on his laptop....really hope we get one or two over the line as could make a major difference to our season.

interesting that SN on the DET is now saying that something could well happen for us on deadline day.....

Don't get my hopes up.

7 hours ago, sage said:

They do at this time of year. Many work 60-70 hours all year round.

Not Jewell, he was a lazy sod.

To be fair to PJ it must have been physically demanding starring in those dodgy movies. He struggled keeping us up. If he had the same problems in his dodgy movies then he would have been out of a job quicker than you can say Debbie does....

Not ITK but heard today on decent authority, we are 100% out of Jota race, were in for Irvine but clough demanded Bryson as part of deal. Asked today about Joel Campbell at Arsenal but he is on 65k wages so no go,. Maddison at Peterborough is live and potential for David Davis of Birmingham to gather pace, depending on shifting another midfielder.

Just now, LittleoverRam said:

Not ITK but heard today on decent authority, we are 100% out of Jota race, were in for Irvine but clough demanded Bryson as part of deal. Asked today about Joel Campbell at Arsenal but he is on 65k wages so no go,. Maddison at Peterborough is live and potential for David Davis of Birmingham to gather pace, depending on shifting another midfielder.

Can't say I'm enthused about any of the above. 

Although Maddison is a bit of an "off your seat" type. We lack those these days.

3 minutes ago, LittleoverRam said:

Where have you heard all this from? Quite an intricate summary of our activity for someone who isn't ITK!

3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Would be happy keeping our cash in our wallets whilst everyone else is spending like its going out of fashion. January might be more realistic as could be fewer people with cash to spend. 

Or those who consider themselves in January to have a realistic chance of promotion really pushing the boat out and signing the limited amount of real talent available?

Plenty depends too on whether the DCFC team put in some shifts and gathers sufficient points to be in contention in January.

Players will be more eager to join a club that is clearly 'in the chase' IMHO. 

I don't think our average start to the campaign has exactly electrified some of the candidates that Derby wished to pursue.

I do note that money is a major factor and some clubs are snaffling so-so players on silly deals, which we have walked away from.

Hopefully we can avoid those (like a fair chunk of our current bunch), who perhaps view the lure of a cushty life in the black & chrome surroundings of Moor Farm appeals at least as much as the task of rolling up their sleeves and gathering points.

Me, cynical?

:ermm:

Archived