Anyone un-sellable?

Gaspode

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think fans need to have an element of realism about this close season

Re-jigging the squad will never be a perfect science

The club just need to do the best they can

To achieve a significant reduction in squad size, whilst at the same time bringing in new players with the right ethos, will presumably mean us having to sell our most saleable assets.

Given that many appear to be on relatively lucrative contracts suggests this will not be easy

Which is why I am bracing myself for losing one of  Tom and Will as a starter. Closely to be followed by Brad and Butters and maybe Keogh. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Grantona said:

Shackell is better than Keogh....how many PL games has Keogh played in his career?

Claude Davis has more games in the Premier League than Richard Keogh and I am damn sure which one is better. The number of premier league games someone has played is no indication of actual quality. 

Conor  Sammon has more premier league games than Chris Martin and there's no way in hell he is better.

5 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Claude Davis has more games in the Premier League than Richard Keogh and I am damn sure which one is better. The number of premier league games someone has played is no indication of actual quality. 

Conor  Sammon has more premier league games than Chris Martin and there's no way in hell he is better.

Like that reasoning :thumbsup:

Significant overhaul is required, otherwise the same failure associated problems will prevail next TV season. The problem is selling to achieve a decent return, when it's blatantly obvious that so many of the current squad were signed for massively overpriced fees. Otherwise no one on the playing staff could be considered indispensable. We really don't have players who fall into that category. Which is quite a sad reflection on the life at Dcfc.

Carson is the only one id definately keep.

Ince and Hughes arent the finished article and flatter to deceive, likewise they are usefull enough to attract buyers.

Carson is old and wont bring in much of a fee, and to replace for a goalie of his qulality would cost a lot.

So not unsellable, but the last player i would want to sell

12 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Carson is the only one id definately keep.

Ince and Hughes arent the finished article and flatter to deceive, likewise they are usefull enough to attract buyers.

Carson is old and wont bring in much of a fee, and to replace for a goalie of his qulality would cost a lot.

So not unsellable, but the last player i would want to sell

Actually I think Carson is very sellable to premiership teams, hugely experienced-international- Champions league winners medal - played for major top clubs and in my mind worth at least £3-£8 million to us and easily that to a premiership team.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone seems unsellable at the moment.

No real interest in a squad of players that has skirted with promotion to the Premiership on a couple of occasions.

Do you think we have a reputation as a toxic club, full of bottlers? 

Trimming down the squad might not be as simple as we hoped.

Archived