Anyone un-sellable?

Gaspode

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

You really think we could afford to lose Ince? Our squad would be totally devoid of any quality on either wing if that were to happen

I agree that there are others to shift first, and it should really be about who we can bring in.

no point getting rid of anyone unless we have a better player coming in.

My gripe with tom is simply that he isn't really a team player. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I agree that there are others to shift first, and it should really be about who we can bring in.

no point getting rid of anyone unless we have a better player coming in.

My gripe with tom is simply that he isn't really a team player. 

I think we should be aiming to get people out first and foremost before we look at who we'll bring in. We clearly have a bloated squad with a large wage bill, we should be trying to get players off the wage bill and trimming the squad of 5-10 players over the summer to make it more manageable, then make our deals. 

The whole thing about Ince not being a team player, where did it come from? Is it because he is perceived to be mardy? He's as much as a team player as anyone else on Derby's squad, I really don't know where that came from? 

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

I wish i rated Ince as highly as many others.

i'm not fussed if he goes

:blink:

Moving swiftly on, nobody is 'unsellable' but I'd be looking at the following as the core of the squad:

Carson, Mitchell, Keogh, Forsyth, Lowe, Baird, Thorne, Johnson, Hughes, Elsnik, Butterfield, Russell, Ince, Nugent, Martin & Vydra

Most of the rest of the squad could be improved upon with the likes of:

Paterson, Wisdom, a German CB, Flint, Gunnarsson, Howson, Jota, Mulumbu, Lawrence, Watkins, Bogle

Of course finding someone to buy half of them might prove somewhat tricky...

PistoldPete2

No one is unsellable. I would certainly keep nugent  he's the type of player we need. Only sell ince , martin or hughes if we got silly money. The rest seem pretty expendable. Where is vydra by the way? Looked good in rowettt first few games then dropped and doesn't even get off the bench. Very strange... Don't think we will get money back for him if he's not playing. 

I'm really wondering if the bigger players we are not seeing start under rowett are the ones he  is already sure he wants to keep ? Maybe there's nothing he needs to see from Hughes and vydra because he's seen enough to know he can find a place for them in his team next season , I hope that's the case with these two because I'm pretty sure that these two used properly in a team that compliments their best qualities would be a whole heap of trouble to teams in the championship , with ince I think he is looking at him to see where he fits because although he undoubtedly has talent and an eye for goal I kind of think rowett may let him go for biggish fee and replace with a more traditional winger that has pace ,beats a man and is happy going wide and getting crosses in ? We do have a real tendency to become very narrow and can be crowded out by teams getting ten men behind the ball and we struggle to stretch them without our full backs bombing on and leaving us a bit vulnerable to counter attacks , I think he will want our starting point to be becoming very solid at the back .

that said I don't think any player we have is beyond selling if it for the good of building a team , that's what we have lost more than anything from the late clough early mac1 era , we have stockpiled decent individual players that looked at on paper should be performing better but we have stopped buying with an eye on building a team , stability of manager is now vital to correct this 

16 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

For me, you've got to have Hughes in the team whether it's as one of the two DM's or as a CAM. Problem is you need athletic players around him.

In an ideal world I'd strip back our midfielders to Hughes, Thorne and Johnson then build from there, but that's probably not possible. Should be easy to shift a cut-price Butterfield but Bryso's contract probably makes it tricky.

The squad will hopefully have sorted itself out by 18/19, if Rowett doesn't get us up next year then he'll have an easier platform to build off than he does now.

If Rowett doesn't get us up next year, will he still be here in 18/19?

I think GR is playing his strongest team.

i also suspect that when mel referred to a manager who applied for the job when Pearson was appointed, but who didn't get the job, and then subsequently told him 442 with two small central midfielders wouldn't work - that this was rowett.

i think he wants big strong athletic players. Not sure that Will or Vydra fit that mould. 

4 hours ago, archied said:

I'm really wondering if the bigger players we are not seeing start under rowett are the ones he  is already sure he wants to keep ? Maybe there's nothing he needs to see from Hughes and vydra because he's seen enough to know he can find a place for them in his team next season , I hope that's the case with these two because I'm pretty sure that these two used properly in a team that compliments their best qualities would be a whole heap of trouble to teams in the championship , with ince I think he is looking at him to see where he fits because although he undoubtedly has talent and an eye for goal I kind of think rowett may let him go for biggish fee and replace with a more traditional winger that has pace ,beats a man and is happy going wide and getting crosses in ? We do have a real tendency to become very narrow and can be crowded out by teams getting ten men behind the ball and we struggle to stretch them without our full backs bombing on and leaving us a bit vulnerable to counter attacks , I think he will want our starting point to be becoming very solid at the back .

that said I don't think any player we have is beyond selling if it for the good of building a team , that's what we have lost more than anything from the late clough early mac1 era , we have stockpiled decent individual players that looked at on paper should be performing better but we have stopped buying with an eye on building a team , stability of manager is now vital to correct this 

Or of course....Kept quiet pre-contract agreements.....Some went playing because they deffo off.

Anyway, to chip in on Ince, as an individual he's great, but we've never seemed to be as good a team with him in, despite him scoring lots and putting in the work rate. I think he might be part of the "balance" problem perhaps? I'd not be adverse to him going if big money comes in.

I think we may start next season with Anya and Russell and there will be moaning, but good results.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Or of course....Kept quiet pre-contract agreements.....Some went playing because they deffo off.

Anyway, to chip in on Ince, as an individual he's great, but we've never seemed to be as good a team with him in, despite him scoring lots and putting in the work rate. I think he might be part of the "balance" problem perhaps? I'd not be adverse to him going if big money comes in.

I think we may start next season with Anya and Russell and there will be moaning, but good results.

I'm sure we will tear the league apart with their combined 2 goals this season! Lol 

balance and athleticism needs adding further back 

Without going done the, sell all the useless bast... route, which is just silly.

The players who I really hope we don't lose this summer... Nugent, Ince, Carson

The players is like us to keep, but if they leave so be it... Hughes, Butterfield, Johnson

The rest I'm not too fussed about, which is a lot of players left over.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'm sure we will tear the league apart with their combined 2 goals this season! Lol 

balance and athleticism needs adding further back 

Thought it was 2 goals each?

Either way, I can see Ince getting a decent offer from a premium team or two and going.

Players that I wouldn't want to go this summer:

Keogh, Ince, Nugent, Hughes, Martin, Russell, Bryson, Forsyth, Lowe and Thorne.

I could see maybe a couple of those going to fund transfer's, especially Hughes and Ince.

Everyone else can go for me. 

Very difficult to say who is unsellable due to the big wages some of them are on

hughes we would want to keep if we made the prem but we need room to manoeuvre and he looks the most likely if the bid is good enough, similar with Ince but we simply need the team cohesion to get out of the championship so we may lose one if not both.

players I do not mind departing as they will not get us up.

Bent Blackman camara anya Butterfield wieman 

Just realised I never even answered the question in this thread.

Ince is unsellable. I really doubt with the way our recruitment has gone in recent years we could find a winger who could get us anywhere near the same production that Ince gives us. I'd rather we offer him a ridiculous contract than sell him at any price.

Particularly if we upgrade at RB to a player that suits him, I think he's absolutely key to Rowett's style. Having a goalscoring winger that will benefit from the space he gets on a counter-attack to do his thing is what could get win us so many games next season. Obviously he also has his moments where he makes something out of nothing, it's hard to replace that in a team successfully. Keeps us in a game even if we're not playing that well.

I also think he's a good character, despite what the media and prejudiced narrative surrounding him with all the Inter Milan/his dad stuff.

He'd be so difficult to replace, I genuinely do think he's close to unsellable.

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

The only ones I would desperately want to keep and partly because they have some character and grit are carson,Martin,Russell and bryson.

My second tier would be ince and Nugent

The rest...meh

Lmao are you serious that you'd prefer Russell and Bryson over Ince, Nugent, Hughes, Thorne etc. Martin I can just about live with but Russell and Bryson? Nah not having it. They aren't good enough for a team striving for promotion.

Absolutely must keep: Hughes, ince, Carson, Thorne, Martin, Nugent

Those imo there's no way you could replace at this level, beyond that you'd probably add Johnson, Shackell, Baird and maybe Keogh and vydra too. Think those last 4 would be a bit more complex, all depends on whether we can find better, if we don't I'd be disappointed to see any of them go as well. Anybody else, can't say I'm that bothered about

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely must keep: Hughes, ince, Carson, Thorne, Martin, Nugent

Those imo there's no way you could replace at this level, beyond that you'd probably add Johnson, Shackell, Baird and maybe Keogh and vydra too. Think those last 4 would be a bit more complex, all depends on whether we can find better, if we don't I'd be disappointed to see any of them go as well. Anybody else, can't say I'm that bothered about

Shackell is by no means un-sellable in my opinion, in fact I believe it to be the correct move to make. Agree on the others, don't think anyone would buy Thorne! 

Archived