Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Ninos said:

lol ...

1. You’re way way way off - if I told you you’d be shocked but I ain’t tellin lol - but do you think Jürgen Klopp, Pep Guardiola, or even GR truly rate Chris Martin? Or Are they all ignorant too ? 

2 is just feeble - typical of Martinite attacks on here ... it’s my wife my girlfriend or my daughter - bla bla bla heard it all before on here. Zzzz

Reality is your static non goalscoring idol  is gone soon. Better deal with it

Your obsession, your personal attacks & insults  to a Derby player ( as opposed to just talking about  his football) ,the sheer amount of time you put in to defending your position suggests a degree of  unhealthy instability . Pathetic, sad or both ? Nothing to do with supporting Derby.

If we are prepared to let him go, then let him go to whichever team he wants. He has earned that right. Whether its a promotion rival or not.

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Your obsession, your personal attacks & insults  to a Derby player ( as opposed to just talking about  his football) ,the sheer amount of time you put in to defending your position suggests a degree of  unhealthy instability . Pathetic, sad or both ? Nothing to do with supporting Derby.

Yeah okay pal. All I’ve critiqued is his football as opposed to what you’re doing right here. You prefer to attack me then talk of his football.  I believe I see what Rowett sees (minus what he does in training). And wanting better performing players and a more successful Team has everything to do with supporting Derby. Opinions on players is largely what this forum is built on. In case you hadn’t figured it out. So Who needs the shrink ?

He is far too good (and too expensive) to be fourth choice here, especially when he is sitting on a bumper contract that was only signed 12 months ago seemingly with the intention of him coming back from Fulham and being a key player.

He has been an excellent servant to the club and shown himself to be a very intelligent footballer. Joining after his initial loan spell, he has matured and performed way beyond what anyone might have expected. 

It is sad that he hasn't come back with a bang and built an irresistible partnership with Vydra, but sometimes that happens. The bottom line is if he is not in favour with Rowett, there is no point standing in his way.

With Vydra, Nugent, Winnall and Jerome, we should have enough firepower to get ourselves over the line.

Good luck to CM.

It's a tricky one. The likelihood is that if we're looking to get him out on loan then the only clubs that will be able to afford Martin's wages are some of the very clubs we're competing with in the hunt for promotion. 

How sickening it would be to have Martin linking up again with Bryson at Cardiff and for them to sneak into second spot. (But I'm confident that that won't be the case) 

The best move for us strategically would be for him to move onto a club like Hull or Sunderland who are still receiving parachute payments. Watched the Sunderland - Cardiff game and they were crying out for someone to hold the ball up top. 

And as regards to Jerome, many fans are uninfused but we're ultimately bringing in a squad player. A more athletic and physical option to grab us half a dozen or so goals to the end of the season. If Jerome's goals can secure us anything like the amount of points that Winnall's goals have already then it will turn out to be a very astute piece of business. 

Feel for Martin a little, he's been a fantastic servant to the club and he's dropped from being the lynchpin of our attack to a touted asset, as is football. Like Tom Ince there are question marks hanging over his ability to cut it in the prem yet he has repeatedly torn up this league. It's crying out for a move to Celtic : ) 

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

Yeah okay pal. All I’ve critiqued is his football as opposed to what you’re doing right here. You prefer to attack me then talk of his football.  I believe I see what Rowett sees (minus what he does in training). And wanting better performing players and a more successful Team has everything to do with supporting Derby. Opinions on players is largely what this forum is built on. In case you hadn’t figured it out. So Who needs the shrink ?

A forum is about debate and being constructive. An opinion is fine, no agrees with everyone on every little point, but you also need to take in what others are saying rather than going round in circles. That you are always in the middle of this is no coincidence. That’s how a thread every Chris Martin page goes from 20 to over 100. Your obsession with this topic and not taking in that others see it differently, has gone from laughable to the point people are fed up of trying to engage you. No one is right/wrong here and there’s no core who think Martin could walk on water, it’s just people with a different opinion 

10 hours ago, Sat Atwal said:

@Ninos right.... I've read your constant slating of one of the best strikers outside the premiership..... (this isn't a personal dig at you) however your behaviour and actions

1) represent someone who seems to have not played football at a half decent level to make constant unfounded comments without backing it up with a genuine alternative argument about a technically astute player at this level

2) make me think that you was deeply in love with a bird and Martin took her off you and left you crying into a pint.

Don’t waste your time mate. He’s a troll who thrives off “bites”. Plenty like him out there, mainly on Twitter.

Best advice is just ignore people like that and eventually they’ll get bored when the attention wears off.

21 hours ago, Ninos said:

lol. Nice to see you again.

You really think I didn’t know that? Really? I’ve referenced Rowett referring to him as the best 10 multiple times. I know where and how Martin plays. You need to pay better attention if you want to obsess over me 

Point was that plumduff Mac built his team around Martin and Rowett is building our attacking play through Vyds and the Czech is becoming the total package of a 10. 

Feel better? 

The way you obsess over Martin? Is the truth that you want him to leave before people find out about your torrid love affair?

Rowett hasn't built around Vydra - If anything he's built a team around Huddlestone - Vydra happens to be a player who thrives in that system

21 hours ago, Ninos said:

then Hudds could have tapped the ball through

Not going to happen in a MILLION years dude - Huddlestone is so desperate for his first Derby goal you can sense it from the stands!

19 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As it seems common knowledge  we can't invest till we sell is it a possibility that Martin could be going back to Norwich for Jerome and a bit of money.   Martin's family are from Suffolk I believe so this would probably be a good move for him and his family

"Leeds United’s wage structure could prove to be the major stumbling block in their pursuit of Derby County centre-forward Chris Martin, according to a reliable journalist.

Yorkshire Evening Post’s chief football writer Phil Hay claimed on his perusal Twitter account that the 29-year-old has been offered to the Whites on loan.

However, it is understood that the striker’s wages (£30k a week) are a real issue and it could prevent the deal from happening."

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

£30k is a lot of money for a bench warmer. Perhaps we are swapping him for Jerome plus cash?

Ah yes, the vaunted player + cash deal that everyone suggests every transfer window which has happened only handful of times in history.

10 hours ago, Ninos said:

Still you. Especially when we consider how venomous you are towards a person you've presumably never met, who has done nothing wrong other than play football in a way you don't like. 

In fact with the likelihood of CM leaving increasing, at least we can all look forward to reading less anti-Martin tripe from you on here.

7 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Still you. Especially when we consider how venomous you are towards a person you've presumably never met, who has done nothing wrong other than play football in a way you don't like. 

In fact with the likelihood of CM leaving increasing, at least we can all look forward to reading less anti-Martin tripe from you on here.

And less pro Martin tripe/myth pro Mcclaren tripe too. Everyone can shut up and get on board the Rowett gravy train - something I’d be delighted with. 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

And less pro Martin tripe/myth pro Mcclaren tripe too. Everyone can shut up and get on board the Rowett gravy train - something I’d be delighted with. 

Aren't you upset Rowett's choosing Jerome before the great (according to you) Zanzala, though?

14 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Until the next scapegoat victim is sought at least. Last season it was Butterfield, my guess is Forsyth or Russell.

Archived