Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Aren't you upset Rowett's choosing Jerome before the great (according to you) Zanzala, though?

Same sort of player so perhaps z will have a better mentor who’s offside less and who actually batters defenders like he does. I approve.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Reading and Martin very live'-nixon

best move out of all of them for me. Not going for promotion, could take points off rivals, and have some money to spend, so I suspect most of the wages will be paid for. Wish him all the best, was excellent for us but isn't close to starting at this point. 

2 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

'Reading and Martin very live'-nixon

best move out of all of them for me. Not going for promotion, could take points off rivals, and have some money to spend, so I suspect most of the wages will be paid for. Wish him all the best, was excellent for us but isn't close to starting at this point. 

I was discussing Martin and where he could/should go a few weeks back and I settled on Reading due to the fact they can't hurt us this season, they have a style of play Martin likes and Kermogant is getting on. Then low and behold, up pops the link.

I should be an agent.

Not sure why Derby want him but our own Chris Martin is in a similar position. He has only scored one league goal all season.
How about we swap him for Jerome?      

See Leeds are after Chris Martin on loan. I’d welcome him back

Derby haven't been in the Prem recently though, so I can't imagine Martin's wages would be any higher than Jerome's? If we sell Jerome and bring in Martin on loan until the end of the season, we have a proven goalscorer who already knows the club, and also give Webber and Farke six months to identify a replacement at non-panic-buy prices. I'd love to see Martin back here on loan.

I love CamJam, his attitude and workrate are unsurpassed, but Martin is undoubtedly a more clinical finisher, and all those old accusations of him being 'lazy' have surely been dispelled during his time at Derby and Fulham. Doubt it'll happen, but I'd love it if it did.

Is there anything in this Chris Martin rumour or is it just 2+2? Would be more than happy to have Martin back. Good player

Why would anyone want martin. No pace and cannot play one up front                  

seems there are opinions the Norwich pink un similar to what im thinking - on the whole they would be delighted to have Martin back and seem to rate Jerome on nostalgia only.. seems he's served his use there .   the much vaunted player plus cash can remember at least one myself ormondroyd and gee plus cash  to Leicester for kitson...

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Until the next scapegoat victim is sought at least. Last season it was Butterfield, my guess is Forsyth or Russell.

Very easy to say that Rynny but the only two consistently poor players I know of at DCFC are Butterfield and Martin - and Rowett has already figured that out and acted - so for my part I’m all good that these two are no longer impeding our dynamic progress. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Has he said Martin is a poor player? Does he want him to go to one of our rivals?

Look, he’s the manager, he’s not me on an online talk forum! If I’m him I’m gonna big him up too. But actions speak louder than words: if he really rated him he wouldn’t be shifting him now would he? Think.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

i mean, he did try bless him

I’ve always liked Fozzy but you can’t deny that was a horrendous display - last game was the first since his comeback that he was solid. Just call it as I see it good or bad ... 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Look, he’s the manager, he’s not me on an online talk forum! If I’m him I’m gonna big him up too. But actions speak louder than words: if he really rated him he wouldn’t be shifting him now would he? Think.

Actually I think Rowett is very happy with Martin in his current role, especially the whole 'different options' philosophy. The problem is he's on very high wages and wants regular first team football. 

Rowett obviously rates him, he just prefers Nugent and Winnall more as they suit his system a lot more. Only a fool wouldn't rate Martin.

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

A very immature way to think about the situation. 

If I player doesn’t fit the proven system and wants regular football, even if you rate them you move them on. 

You don’t want unhappy players around the club when pushing for promotion. You also don’t want their value to keep depreciating. 

Get them out, hope they perform (against our competition) and maintain or increase their value. 

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I’ve always liked Fozzy but you can’t deny that was a horrendous display - last game was the first since his comeback that he was solid. Just call it as I see it good or bad ... 

Am only playing because I remember you made that thread.

He went through a run of games where he was running on empty, although it wasn’t ideal at the time in the long term it has done, and will do him the world of good. Along with the rest of the defence, as they got through it relatively unscathed.

There’s calling it how you see it and there’s singling out one player being the difference between a defeat and a draw.

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Actually I think Rowett is very happy with Martin in his current role, especially the whole 'different options' philosophy. The problem is he's on very high wages and wants regular first team football. 

Rowett obviously rates him, he just prefers Nugent and Winnall more as they suit his system a lot more. Only a fool wouldn't rate Martin.

Very happy to use him for 5 minutes ?

Okay then I rate him too - good flicker good hold up good diff option - but like GR I believe he doesn’t fit in our system of winning football so let’s shift him ... feel better? 

17 minutes ago, Ninos said:

So Waghorn takes a left footed in swinging corner their defender scores and its Forsythe's fault how does that work  They did exactly the same at Portman Rd was that his fault too

Archived