Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm not sure if archied was referring to my post that with Martin under mclarens management this season then there no reason why we would not be top....but by saying that,I'm assuming we would probably have retained many players that have left under GR...so not just Martin's influence,more the team under Mac...

The mac team could also have been in 10th given vydra wouldn't be playing

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spanish said:

The mac team could also have been in 10th given vydra wouldn't be playing

Why?

All we have done this season is exchange vydra goals for Martin's in previous ones...it's not as though GR was able to get both players scoring equally....he handled Martin and his skills as badly as perhaps Mac/wassell/Pearson managed vydras

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why?

All we have done this season is exchange vydra goals for Martin's in previous ones...it's not as though GR was able to get both players scoring equally....he handled Martin and his skills as badly as perhaps Mac/wassell/Pearson managed vydras

Were you saying that the mac team would be top by now?  I don't get that.  As a team we are much less dependent on one person.  Vids has scored loads of goals this season, guaranteed.  Not convinced at all that cm would have scored that many.  Fact v guesswork l know which I prefer

45 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Were you saying that the mac team would be top by now?  I don't get that.  As a team we are much less dependent on one person.  Vids has scored loads of goals this season, guaranteed.  Not convinced at all that cm would have scored that many.  Fact v guesswork l know which I prefer

You are guessing and making a assumption yourself!!!

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why?

Very valid point though I think it a bit unfair to label it as handling players skills badly , I think most competent managers see teams and have a vision of how they will play, within that they see players with the attributes to be part of that set up ,they may think a player is a decent player but just don’t see them being right for their team ,,, i was always baffled by the stick some gave vydra as I honestly thought he had a lot of promise early on but that doesn’t make me any smarter as vydra could have totally fired blanks in the wrong set up for him and by the same token Martin certainly has the attributes to be a prolific striker elsewhere , football is a game of opinions and there’s many ways to skin a cat

12 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why?

So Mac would have strengthened the defense as good as Rowett has? I dont think so......If you are a supporter then time to realise that niether Martin or Mac are no longer connected with the club and as far as Mac is concerned i doubt he ever will be again is concerned he never wil be so time to forget and get behind the manager we have got and not pine for the manager you would want

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

So Mac would have strengthened the defense as good as Rowett has? I dont think so......If you are a supporter then time to realise that niether Martin or Mac are no longer connected with the club and as far as Mac is concerned i doubt he ever will be again is concerned he never wil be so time to forget and get behind the manager we have got and not pine for the manager you would want

To be fair Tommy it takes two ,,, I’m very pro rowett but also understand why people argue in defence of Mac or Martin or Bryson etc etc , because lots also totally rubbish their time here ,

for me I draw a line under it and move on in the knowledge that Mac , Martin ,Bryson ,Nigel clough all did some bloody good stuff that I enjoyed as a derby fan and just because their time is gone doesn’t mean they are now total rubbish ,

just as some perhaps need to credit rowett a bit more and get behind him now, some need to stop rubbishing the likes of Mac Martin and clough , you can like and respect them all in different ways for different qualities ,

i call for an amnesty and a get behind rowett promotion push for the rest of the season ,,, 

as if?

1 hour ago, archied said:

To be fair Tommy it takes two ,,, I’m very pro rowett but also understand why people argue in defence of Mac or Martin or Bryson etc etc , because lots also totally rubbish their time here ,

for me I draw a line under it and move on in the knowledge that Mac , Martin ,Bryson ,Nigel clough all did some bloody good stuff that I enjoyed as a derby fan and just because their time is gone doesn’t mean they are now total rubbish ,

just as some perhaps need to credit rowett a bit more and get behind him now, some need to stop rubbishing the likes of Mac Martin and clough , you can like and respect them all in different ways for different qualities ,

i call for an amnesty and a get behind rowett promotion push for the rest of the season ,,, 

as if?

Absolutely, anybody who has passed through this club of ours should be looked upon for what they did whilst at the club, not derided because they moved on. Except that Hector chap, he was poo. And Saunders, wasn’t fit to clean the boots of Sam Winnall (whilst he’s here obviously). And Stimac, pah. And that........ :ph34r:

2 hours ago, archied said:

as if?

Top, top post. I agree 100%.

COYRR!! (Come On You Rowett Rams)

:thumbsup:

14 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why?

Why were Martin and Vydra never played together for a few games to see how it worked? The decision to write off Martin was made early , and that he didn't fit what Rowett wanted , end of. That's fair enough but it doesn't suddenly make Martin a bad player .

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

Why were Martin and Vydra never played together for a few games to see how it worked? The decision to write off Martin was made early , and that he didn't fit what Rowett wanted , end of. That's fair enough but it doesn't suddenly make Martin a bad player .

Strange world and the possibility of Martin and Vydra starting in a Wembley final and ripping it up still exists this season if we end up down that route

30 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Strange world and the possibility of Martin and Vydra starting in a Wembley final and ripping it up still exists this season if we end up down that route

Unfortunately it’s 100% guaranteed not to happen. As the loan finishes at the end of the domestic season which includes the playoffs. 

17 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Why?

Harsh on Wassall when he has never managed Vydra :p

3 hours ago, DRBee said:

nor bryson, hughes, christie, and shackell, 

Archived